Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Absolutely like the look of Alpinas on a Touring too. This one may be Oxford Green and another crappy pic but still:

SWEET. Note that this happens to be a real Alpina - B10 3.3. One of the first, probably a single-digit #, of only 109 such Tourings made. I was going to buy it - stretching my budget a bit - but that was until I found out they were trying to get its blown headgasket fixed and 'couldn't find' the papers to prove the engine had been rebuilt by Alpina as they claimed it had been. Without proof of rebuild however, its 155k miles suddenly sounded like a lot. Also they had already sold just the wheels to someone else . Who in their right mind would separate an Alpina from its original wheels ?????

So I walked and bought the silver 540i6 above the very next day

But I digress - M-pars have one great advantage over Alpinas... half the # of spokes!!!

I know how long it takes to properly clean the 8-spokes on my current daily beater... figuring Alpinas have 20 spokes each, that's a total of 80 spokes to clean! Just makes me dizzy... not everyone likes washing cars you know
    Yes, it's a 6-speed Touring...
    WTB:
    - a pair of early factory Touring tails - the all-red US type

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by cbouchez View Post
    Not good man, they are really loud!, that is the only problem with them. Performance is great, wet traction is great, here in Seattle is a must, dry pavement is just crazy the way it handles.

size: 265/35/18 I might go 275 but not sure.
    Thanks..I think I'll stay with the Michelin Pilot A/S. Expensive but I'm old and like quiet!! LOL.......

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    You should the tire shop told me about the Michelin. I might do that they run about $320.00 each! But I'm willing to pay the extra bucks like you said to keep it quiet.

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    just received the M Par's from Lakshore!! WOW!!! M5 Decals and all. Beautiful. Only opened one but man, these will look awesome...Called Americas tire and hopefully my tires are in!!!

I paid $300 each for the rears and $260 ea for the fronts..Great pricing from what I canm tell. Should get over 50k miles out of them ...hopefully!

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Some seriously beutiful cars in here. Jacls touring looks great as usual. 415 the new touring is looking fantastic, etc, etc. Definitely collected some new pics to toy around with as backgrounds.

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    How do I reduce the size of pics so I can post easier? My camera is 7.1mp and are huge files..

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon540 View Post
    How do I reduce the size of pics so I can post easier? My camera is 7.1mp and are huge files..
    Next time change the size in the settings on your camera. Do you have photoshop or any other photo editing program? You can resize in one of those.

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld View Post
    @ cbouchez ... sweet! Needs a little drop in the front tho

Still undecided myself... all will be subtle though - gotta keep it presentable in a 'politically correct' way, for work reasons. So... not a hint of rice allowed!

But it's amazing how much a set of wheels, M bumper and a lighting update can do for a car DEFINITELY need wheels soon... it's on snows now, and i'm not buying 16" summer tires! For a quick fix in the lighting department I've already got CCFL AE's on the shelf, and I need to do something about the grilles... thin chrome just don't look right on an otherwise chromeless car.

Anyone happen to have pics of a silver Touring on M-pars? (37)
    I also like style 66 (drooling over FaitH777's pics!), 32 and Alpinas. Maybe I'll find other options as well. P-shop here I come...

Stage 0 should be my first priority though, before any other 'large' mods.
    I'm looking to upgrade to a set of 19's, black with a polished lip
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    2002 525iT
    Hello guys, new guy here. I glad to see the touring model has such a following. I recently bought a 2002 525iT sport. I think I came out with a good deal since it looks like it's brand new. I'm looking forward to being apart of the community.
    Last edited by TouringMan525i; 05-04-2008 at 10:06 PM.

My Cars
    99 BMW 528iT
    tourings are just beautiful cars, aren't they? does anyone know how to utilize the roof rack? I dont have any cross members and the manual says something about mounting points but i cant find them. (99 528iT)

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
    Next time change the size in the settings on your camera. Do you have photoshop or any other photo editing program? You can resize in one of those.
    Thanks for the reply pal...

Don't have photoshop. Is it a program I can download from the web for no $?

I'll try different settings. My camera is so darm hard to figure out...And I'm OLD school!!

Brian

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon540 View Post
    Thanks for the reply pal...

Don't have photoshop. Is it a program I can download from the web for no $?

I'll try different settings. My camera is so darm hard to figure out...And I'm OLD school!!

Brian
    You can download a free trial for 30 days. Should be good enough.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog 20/20 View Post
    19" Alpina's or Mpars are mad sexy. Also love 415banker's 19" Miro's.

I am beginning to feel that the wagons need 19's to look "right".
    the miro's rock if you don't mind the 31 lbs fronts and 33 lbs rears (w/out tires)...but yeah thanks for the comp!

Quote Originally Posted by skateparks View Post
    My lowly stockers-
    Lowly to you, my touring brother...BUT THAT IS STICK!!! you got a gem in there...once you get ur ball rolling, i shall drool from here to mississippi!

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
    Some seriously beutiful cars in here. Jacls touring looks great as usual. 415 the new touring is looking fantastic, etc, etc. Definitely collected some new pics to toy around with as backgrounds.
    not as hot as your sedan with those schmidts!!! drooling again....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TouringMan525i View Post
    Hello guys, new guy here. I glad to see the touring model has such a following. I recently bought a 2002 525iT sport with 96000 miles for $10900. I think I came out with a good deal since it looks like it's brand new. I'm looking forward to being apart of the community.
    definitely a deal! get that maintenance out of the way...100K stuff..and as part of the welcome matt, let us know what info you might need...so welcome to the touring clan! =)

Quote Originally Posted by macbookproaudio View Post
    tourings are just beautiful cars, aren't they? does anyone know how to utilize the roof rack? I dont have any cross members and the manual says something about mounting points but i cant find them. (99 528iT)
    mounting points? from what i know, the mounting points are on the cross members...maybe the book meant the joints...i remember hauling a queen size bed just by rope and crossed around with the 6 joints...=)

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by 415banker View Post
    not as hot as your sedan with those schmidts!!! drooling again....ugh.
    I wish it was a touring. Thats my real dream. If my car was a touring it would be ideal! No one will trade me without my suspension and wheels though.

My Cars
    CRX 328is X5 528iT5sp 19
    My lowly stockers-

Interior

That's the one on autotrader. I've been trying to contact the seller to make an appt. I was going to fly from Chicago.
    Nice find, how is it?

My Cars
    2011 335 MSport
    Perfect. Slight scratches on the front bumper cover, 1 small rash on 1 wheel, perfect interior. It was a good find, I grabbed it right away.
    '02 525itM Sport

My Cars
    CRX 328is X5 528iT5sp 19
    Perfect. Slight scratches on the front bumper cover, 1 small rash on 1 wheel, perfect interior. It was a good find, I grabbed it right away.
    I'm sooooo jealous. I was ready to hop on a plane and buy it.
    I think I may consider an automatic tranny, much easier to find. Perhaps a with 540 power, I won't even miss it.
    I've a 98 328iS now, but our 2nd son is a week away and I need more room. I'd like to keep it manual tranny, but the tourings are just soooo rare with manual.
    Should I hold out for a manual or would I be happy with a clean fast auto?

My Cars
    2011 335 MSport
    Absolutely, positively, 100% NOT!!! I would rather have the lowly 32mpg 525 manual than a 16-20mpg 540 auto, but that's just me. I've had M5's and 540's in the past and I'm kind of over the whole HP thing . Besides the fact that a manual is hard to find, cost more than the auto (most owners know what they've got) and takes 10 times longer to find makes it that much more rewarding when you do find it. I was fortunate to find such a great example. there's one in Washington that's kind of haggered if you're looking for a low-ball.

On another note, there are some VERY nove 325/5's out there.
    '02 525itM Sport

My Cars
    CRX 328is X5 528iT5sp 19
    Absolutely, positively, 100% NOT!!! I would rather have the lowly 32mpg 525 manual than a 16-20mpg 540 auto, but that's just me. I've had M5's and 540's in the past and I'm kind of over the whole HP thing . Besides the fact that a manual is hard to find, cost more than the auto (most owners know what they've got) and takes 10 times longer to find makes it that much more rewarding when you do find it. I was fortunate to find such a great example. there's one in Washington that's kind of haggered if you're looking for a low-ball.

On another note, there are some VERY nove 325/5's out there.
    Thanks for the support, although the auto in our 3.0 X5 is quite nice (for a slushbox). Just curious what you ended up paying for that clean 525 in SC...
    What do you mean by your last sentence above? "nove"?

If you EVER, EVER want to unload that 525iT you just picked up, I'm asking you to please put me at the top of the waiting list!

My Cars
    2011 335 MSport
    A.) I paid too much, nearly $18k but extended warrantees, full records and adult original owners float my boat.
    B.) "nove" is "nice" in other languages, I can't type for shit today.
    C.) Noted on the waiting list.
    '02 525itM Sport

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Here she is with the new wheels. 18" M-Pars.... Oh Yes!!!

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    I miss wagonbagz

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Your wheels are so nice....Man those things glisten....

My Cars
    2002 325iT
    here's mine, just got it last week replacing my e34 touring

no love for the hatch

Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast