Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by 415banker View Post
    wanna trade?!?!?! =) mine only has 58K hehehe...I won't take anything off of mine...I want my stick!?!?! LOL...kidding aside, your touring is KICK ass! I only know of two others who actually did a conversion for the 540it...but man OEM Stick?!? You're a first for me!
    Thanks man... even here it took months to find a decent one - but it'll probably be worth it

Just to give you an idea, out of 3100 E39 Tourings currently still for sale in Germany, 96 are 540s. Only 17 of those are listed as manuals - 7 incorrectly, leaves only TEN real 540 manuals for sale in all of Germany. I know that's ten more than in the US, but still. I did have to shop in Germany because locally, only one has been for sale in the last four months - priced at $30k

I've checked whether any of the autos are incorrectly listed - nope. I'm guessing "manual" is the default option when putting a car up for sale, so mistakes go only one way. Extending the search to ALL of europe adds only ONE more example (and an incorrectly listed auto) in Italy - that makes a total of TWELVE manual 540 Tourings for sale in all of Europe.

Right... one of the ten remaining in Germany is ridiculously overpriced (37k in USD), three more are over $18k (out of my price range) and one is this pinkish silver, with light purple leather interior... positively YUCK. There's another early one priced at $15k with 135k miles on it - a bit much for the price. So just FOUR remaining then - and none of those would've qualified either, for various reasons.

I'm paying the euro equivalent of almost exactly US$10k for the silver one - and even with its small problems I think it's a hell of a deal. Besides, I'm tired of waiting for the perfect car to appear - checking every marketplace site in existence every night gets old fast. But it paid off
    Yes, it's a 6-speed Touring...
    WTB:
    - a pair of early factory Touring tails - the all-red US type

My Cars
    2002 Passat
    Great thread, mucho love for the wagons here.
    Anyone know where to get the trim tape from?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    L5
    my home for now
    my passat
    www.kch2o.org
    videos

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld View Post
    I'm paying the euro equivalent of almost exactly US$10k for the silver one - and even with its small problems I think it's a hell of a deal. Besides, I'm tired of waiting for the perfect car to appear - checking every marketplace site in existence every night gets old fast. But it paid off
    Paying $10K for a 540iT/6 is PRICELE$$...that my friend makes this even more of a steal!!!
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Well, it's only a '97 with 116k mi - and I'll have to pay another $3k in taxes to get it registered here. Still quite happy with this find though - leaves a bit of cash to fix the power problem, which COULD be clogged cats. And we all know the price tag of those...

Basically it runs fine but has nowhere near the power it should have, especially at low rpm. Im thinking either MAF or cats ?? Maybe O2 sensors but I dunno how they could affect open loop (WOT) driving. Troubleshooting wil begin as soon as I pick it up... (Tuesday - I'm counting days...)

(Note - this import tax is a typical Dutch thing - new car purchase prices are heavily taxed, and that extra tax (called BPM) is partially applied to imported used cars as well, discounted for market value. Sucks, but you only pay it once for the life of the car.)
    WTB:

My Cars
    1999 528iT
    Saw the oddest thing at lunch today with the wife here in Cary, NC. 3 E39 Touring sightings. One was a Titanium Silver sport parked one row over from mine. When I pulled onto the street a black Touring with an M-Tech front bumper and sweet tint approached from the rear. I felt like I was in a parade.

I think I still need a few more postings before I can put of a pic of mine.
    1999 528iT - Sport Package - Aspen Silver

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    I just had to add the pics of my 540it. I'll update pics with the new front lip this weekend.

My Cars
    1999 528IT Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by L5gcw0b View Post
    Great thread, mucho love for the wagons here.
    Anyone know where to get the trim tape from?
    Yes....I found my tape on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AME WN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300199702771&rd=1

My Cars
    2007 328xi Touring
    E39 wagons are one of the best things BMW has given us since the E30 M3, definitely one of the best looking BMWs out there.

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    (more pics needed for this thread)
    It is now compulsory if you own a tounring to post pics. At least one new pic every 4 days...
    (it was worth a try)
    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Here are some older pics of my little girl:

Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

My Cars
    2011 335 MSport
    Great thread, nice to see so many Tourings. After years of messing with //M cars, mostly 5's, I found that the 525iTM at over 30mpg, the same seats, etc as my e39 M5 is probably the best car ever made. I miss the Nav and Sport button but I don't miss the 14-16mpg. So, I just bought my new '03 525It Sport with Premium and CW package and 5 speed. Titanium silver with Black, 100% stock (for now). 60k and in nearly flawless condition, full records, yadayadayada...

Summer will bring MANY mods so LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
    '02 525itM Sport

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    Man! I wish they had the M rear bumper available for a fair price.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by cbouchez View Post
    Man! I wish they had the M rear bumper available for a fair price.
    don't worry bro, i'm still working on it =)...problem is the only one willing to make the mold is made to creat fiberglass only...abs plastic or poly are too expensive to make to cater to a very limited market...

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Thanks man... even here it took months to find a decent one - but it'll probably be worth it

Just to give you an idea, out of 3100 E39 Tourings currently still for sale in Germany, 96 are 540s. Only 17 of those are listed as manuals - 7 incorrectly, leaves only TEN real 540 manuals for sale in all of Germany. I know that's ten more than in the US, but still. I did have to shop in Germany because locally, only one has been for sale in the last four months - priced at $30k

I've checked whether any of the autos are incorrectly listed - nope. I'm guessing "manual" is the default option when putting a car up for sale, so mistakes go only one way. Extending the search to ALL of europe adds only ONE more example (and an incorrectly listed auto) in Italy - that makes a total of TWELVE manual 540 Tourings for sale in all of Europe.

Right... one of the ten remaining in Germany is ridiculously overpriced (37k in USD), three more are over $18k (out of my price range) and one is this pinkish silver, with light purple leather interior... positively YUCK. There's another early one priced at $15k with 135k miles on it - a bit much for the price. So just FOUR remaining then - and none of those would've qualified either, for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by oekundar View Post
    Paying $10K for a 540iT/6 is PRICELE$$...that my friend makes this even more of a steal!!!
    i have to agree with ola!?!?!?! 10K!?!?!? grrrr....i'm beyond envy now...can't wait to see what you have in store for us when u trick out the touring!
    Last edited by Jo@EuroDyne; 03-20-2008 at 03:39 AM.

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    i have to agree with olek!?!?!?! 10K!?!?!? grrrr....i'm beyond envy now...can't wait to see what you have in store for us when u trick out the touring!
    Who's Olek? ...I'm Ola....
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    which olek you talkin about? hehehehe...i'm sorry bro!

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    @ cbouchez ... sweet! Needs a little drop in the front tho

...can't wait to see what you have in store for us when u trick out the touring!
    Still undecided myself... all will be subtle though - gotta keep it presentable in a 'politically correct' way, for work reasons. So... not a hint of rice allowed!

But it's amazing how much a set of wheels, M bumper and a lighting update can do for a car DEFINITELY need wheels soon... it's on snows now, and i'm not buying 16" summer tires! For a quick fix in the lighting department I've already got CCFL AE's on the shelf, and I need to do something about the grilles... thin chrome just don't look right on an otherwise chromeless car.

Anyone happen to have pics of a silver Touring on M-pars? (37)
    I also like style 66 (drooling over FaitH777's pics!), 32 and Alpinas. Maybe I'll find other options as well. P-shop here I come...

Stage 0 should be my first priority though, before any other 'large' mods.
    WTB:

My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Anyone happen to have pics of a silver Touring on M-pars? (37)
    Search works wonders...

Pic courtesy islandbeef in silver E39 pic thread

Yeah I know... everyone and his dog has M-pars nowadays... however... I STILL WANT!!!! :
    WTB:

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    Alpinas would look just great on a wagon!

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    19" Alpina's or Mpars are mad sexy. Also love 415banker's 19" Miro's.

I am beginning to feel that the wagons need 19's to look "right".
    Garrett

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    I just had to add the pics of my 540it. I'll update pics with the new front lip this weekend.

How do you like the Bridgestones? Ride, vibration, noise, grip, treadwear? are they 265/35/18's?

My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Search works wonders...

Pic courtesy islandbeef in silver E39 pic thread

Yeah I know... everyone and his dog has M-pars nowadays... however... I STILL WANT!!!! :
    My staggered 18" M pars should show up today from Lakeshore ...Can't wait!!!

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Alpinas would look just great on a wagon!
    of course not...alpina's are ugly on our beloved touring...

perfect example...

lol!?!? just kidding!!! if i had the funds for them, i'll be all over a set! hehehe

My Cars
    2011 335 MSport
    My lowly stockers-

Interior

'02 525itM Sport

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon540 View Post
    How do you like the Bridgestones? Ride, vibration, noise, grip, treadwear? are they 265/35/18's?
    Not good man, they are really loud!, that is the only problem with them. Performance is great, wet traction is great, here in Seattle is a must, dry pavement is just crazy the way it handles.

size: 265/35/18 I might go 275 but not sure.

Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast