Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 7478

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,191
    My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    Great touring guys..


    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal missin NorCal
    Posts
    6,358
    My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    here's more...


    authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

    please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080







  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tsawwassen, BC, Canada
    Posts
    257
    My Cars
    540iT
    Dirty pic...


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, Jawja
    Posts
    18,731
    My Cars
    E36 | E55 Wagon | W126
    Nice plate and frame!
    Geordie Johnston - E36 Collector.


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    1,624
    My Cars
    '06 X5 4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by mpath99 View Post
    Dirty pic...

    dude, i love the frame! how appropriate.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal missin NorCal
    Posts
    6,358
    My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    lol!!! i love the plate frame!!! =) here's my rear end deception hehehehe...


    authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

    please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080







  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    4,338
    My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    Who has the Hybrid badge?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal missin NorCal
    Posts
    6,358
    My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by cbouchez View Post
    Who has the Hybrid badge?
    that would be jack's titsilber 540 touring...i guess he has the right to put that badge on since Dinan Stage 3 SC'd setup is considerably a hybrid in its on right =)...

    here's the ubertouring in action...


    authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

    please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080







  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa CA
    Posts
    179
    My Cars
    540i Sport Wagon
    Nice!!!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    san diego. ca, USA
    Posts
    111
    My Cars
    99 BMW 528IT, 93 Acura Integra
    hey guys. i just bought my wagon and the r/r window is mest up. it seems like the regulator. i can move the window up and down by using my hands. well the other day i tried to take off the door panel but couldnt getit off all the way. it seems to be stuck right where the window shades are. does anyone have a link?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tsawwassen, BC, Canada
    Posts
    257
    My Cars
    540iT
    It's the window regulator. Dealer here quoted Cdn $430. There's a DIY link at www.bmwtips.com , but take note of the warning if you have the rear airbags.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    447
    My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring





    Bought this one on saturday, picking it up probably next week, as soon as the boss sees fit to give me a day off...

    Sorry 'bout the crappy pics, my camera crapped out at the lot (no more autofocus) so we'll have to make do with the pics from the ad, until I pick it up. Having seen it in the metal ; these pics do NOT do it justice, in fact they almost hurt to look at

    So I've finally joined the ranks of E39T owners !

    It's a '97 540i6 (Yes, manual!) with 116k miles on it and a two-page option list including among many other things:
    - black trim (shadowline option)
    - nav+tv 4:3
    - detachable tow hook (original option)
    - sports suspension
    - black leather sports seats
    - auto dimming mirrors (3x)
    - dark headliner
    - xenon
    - preheater ("standheizung")
    - DSP!!!

    Body and paint are near perfect (to me that is), and so is the interior. 90% full service history, well kept car. Looks the part, too. Drives well besides being down on power a bit (suspect MAF or clogged cats?). I'm convinced the engine is mechanically sound though. The hatch is the one other problem area. The upper section won't open alone (pinched wire?), and there's some rust on the inside.

    But even with these faults I just couldn't pass up this CLEAN manual 540 Touring with an option list a mile long... the price was right so I'll have some troubleshooting to do soon More pics & info when I travel down again the 500 miles to pick it up!
    Yes, it's a 6-speed Touring...
    WTB:
    - a pair of early factory Touring tails - the all-red US type

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shadyville, NJ
    Posts
    2,890
    My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld View Post


    So I've finally joined the ranks of E39T owners !

    It's a '97 540i6 (Yes, manual!) with 116k miles on it and a two-page option list including among many other things:
    - black trim (shadowline option)
    - nav+tv 4:3
    - detachable tow hook (original option)
    - sports suspension
    - black leather sports seats
    - auto dimming mirrors (3x)
    - dark headliner
    - xenon
    - preheater ("standheizung")
    - DSP!!!

    Body and paint are near perfect (to me that is), and so is the interior. 90% full service history, well kept car. Looks the part, too. Drives well besides being down on power a bit (suspect MAF or clogged cats?). I'm convinced the engine is mechanically sound though. The hatch is the one other problem area. The upper section won't open alone (pinched wire?), and there's some rust on the inside.

    But even with these faults I just couldn't pass up this CLEAN manual 540 Touring with an option list a mile long... the price was right so I'll have some troubleshooting to do soon More pics & info when I travel down again the 500 miles to pick it up!
    My friend...you have a GEM there...as most would almost give up their left arm for a 540 manual 6 speed Touring...congrats and hurry up and take a day off and pick her up!
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    447
    My Cars
    1997 540i6 Touring
    Already arranged for a day off next tuesday... calling the salesman to find out if he'll have the paperwork ready for me by then.

    I'll drive down on easter monday, spend the night there, pick it up in the morning and have the rest of the day to drive it home the 500 miles. Hoping to find photo opportunities on the way ; for a start, the seller is located in a pretty little town along the Donau river. My photography skills will probably disappoint (if not the weather) but who knows - I'll give it a shot
    Yes, it's a 6-speed Touring...
    WTB:
    - a pair of early factory Touring tails - the all-red US type

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    711
    My Cars
    1999 528iA Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld View Post





    Bought this one on saturday, picking it up probably next week, as soon as the boss sees fit to give me a day off...

    Sorry 'bout the crappy pics, my camera crapped out at the lot (no more autofocus) so we'll have to make do with the pics from the ad, until I pick it up. Having seen it in the metal ; these pics do NOT do it justice, in fact they almost hurt to look at

    So I've finally joined the ranks of E39T owners !

    It's a '97 540i6 (Yes, manual!) with 116k miles on it and a two-page option list including among many other things:
    - black trim (shadowline option)
    - nav+tv 4:3
    - detachable tow hook (original option)
    - sports suspension
    - black leather sports seats
    - auto dimming mirrors (3x)
    - dark headliner
    - xenon
    - preheater ("standheizung")
    - DSP!!!

    Body and paint are near perfect (to me that is), and so is the interior. 90% full service history, well kept car. Looks the part, too. Drives well besides being down on power a bit (suspect MAF or clogged cats?). I'm convinced the engine is mechanically sound though. The hatch is the one other problem area. The upper section won't open alone (pinched wire?), and there's some rust on the inside.

    But even with these faults I just couldn't pass up this CLEAN manual 540 Touring with an option list a mile long... the price was right so I'll have some troubleshooting to do soon More pics & info when I travel down again the 500 miles to pick it up!
    You forgot to mention the 5 cassette tape storage magazine in the center console! Seriously that's a really nicely equipped touring - I don't think the US ever saw the 6 speed/540iT, and the tow hook never made it on any US E39.
    I can't believe I've had my 528iA sport 14 years and counting . . .

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    617
    My Cars
    99 BMW 528iT
    do only tourings have those lame "subwoofers" in the nokia box in the right hand side panel? what's the deal with that? It's ridiculously small (4") and has a full range signal sent to it but can barely be heard in that box and behind the paded and carpeted cover. anyone replace this with anything better?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    1,624
    My Cars
    '06 X5 4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by macbookproaudio View Post
    do only tourings have those lame "subwoofers" in the nokia box in the right hand side panel? what's the deal with that? It's ridiculously small (4") and has a full range signal sent to it but can barely be heard in that box and behind the paded and carpeted cover. anyone replace this with anything better?
    www.bavariansoundwerks.com

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Silber Springen
    Posts
    10,350
    My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by macbookproaudio View Post
    do only tourings have those lame "subwoofers" in the nokia box in the right hand side panel? what's the deal with that? It's ridiculously small (4") and has a full range signal sent to it but can barely be heard in that box and behind the paded and carpeted cover. anyone replace this with anything better?
    Haha. That thing is rediculous! It actually has a crossover network built into it that sends the bass frequencies to the sub and mid/highs to the rear door speakers.

    I have the BSW sub. Its not bad at all, and is quite good with a little tweaking.

    I extracted the crossover network from the OE sub so that the rear doors would not only play, but continue to receive the correct frequency range.

    I found that the carpeted and insulated cover panel cut down on bass response in certain ranges (after all it IS designed to deaden sound!) and vibrated/rattled in others. So, I cut a 10" round port in it and covered the hole with a black metal speaker grill (looks great and will look OE once I color-match the grill to the sand trim). The port eliminated the rattle and allows for more accurate response.

    I love it.
    Garrett

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Silber Springen
    Posts
    10,350
    My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Websworld,

    Nice car!

    So if there was a factory 6 speed set-up, there must be OE wiring, parts, etc. out there to make the 6 speed a plug and play retro fit for our US cars, right? Hmmmm . . . . .
    Garrett

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tsawwassen, BC, Canada
    Posts
    257
    My Cars
    540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by 415banker View Post
    lol!!! i love the plate frame!!! =) here's my rear end deception hehehehe...

    Very nice. What clear tails are those? OEM, Hella, or? And were they plug and play or did you have to do some custom wiring? TIA.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tsawwassen, BC, Canada
    Posts
    257
    My Cars
    540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog 20/20 View Post
    ..... So, I cut a 10" round port in it and covered the hole with a black metal speaker grill (looks great and will look OE once I color-match the grill to the sand trim). The port eliminated the rattle and allows for more accurate response.

    I love it.
    Pics please!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Silber Springen
    Posts
    10,350
    My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by mpath99 View Post
    Pics please!
    If it were flush instead of raised 2cm, it would be perfect. But for $10, I'm not complaining. I just need to paint it sand now .. .
    Here ya go:
    Last edited by Mad Dog 20/20; 11-23-2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Garrett

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal missin NorCal
    Posts
    6,358
    My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by mpath99 View Post
    Very nice. What clear tails are those? OEM, Hella, or? And were they plug and play or did you have to do some custom wiring? TIA.
    They're made by DEPO! Only a few out there...I guess theyre really testing the market...and it was definitely plug and play...no retrofitting...i just had to buy stealth bulbs though...but i wasn't expecting any wiring issues since theyre non-LED..

    authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

    please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080







  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal missin NorCal
    Posts
    6,358
    My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by websworld;12446488
    Bought this one on saturday, picking it up probably next week, as soon as the boss sees fit to give me a day off...

    Sorry 'bout the crappy pics, my camera crapped out at the lot (no more autofocus) so we'll have to make do with the pics from the ad, until I pick it up. Having seen it in the metal ; these pics do NOT do it justice, in fact they almost hurt to look at ;)

    So I've finally joined the ranks of E39T owners !

    It's a '97 540i6 (Yes, manual!) with 116k miles on it and a two-page option list including among many other things:
    - black trim (shadowline option)
    - nav+tv 4:3
    - detachable tow hook (original option)
    - sports suspension
    - black leather sports seats
    - auto dimming mirrors (3x)
    - dark headliner
    - xenon
    - preheater ("standheizung")
    [B
    - DSP!!![/B]

    Body and paint are near perfect (to me that is), and so is the interior. 90% full service history, well kept car. Looks the part, too. Drives well besides being down on power a bit (suspect MAF or clogged cats?). I'm convinced the engine is mechanically sound though. The hatch is the one other problem area. The upper section won't open alone (pinched wire?), and there's some rust on the inside.

    But even with these faults I just couldn't pass up this CLEAN manual 540 Touring with an option list a mile long... the price was right so I'll have some troubleshooting to do soon More pics & info when I travel down again the 500 miles to pick it up!
    wanna trade?!?!?! =) mine only has 58K hehehe...I won't take anything off of mine...I want my stick!?!?! LOL...kidding aside, your touring is KICK ass! I only know of two others who actually did a conversion for the 540it...but man OEM Stick?!? You're a first for me!

    authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

    please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080







  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,643
    My Cars
    05 740Li M 08 C300
    Heres a pic of my interior. Alcantera

    Quote Originally Posted by FP5241 View Post
    C'mon man, you thats how Ken rolls... one minute he's posting about naming his new puppy, by the 4th page of the thread he's asking wheres a good place to bury his new cat...

Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •