Page 299 of 301 FirstFirst ... 199249274289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 7502

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    09 M3, 03 M3, 06 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Once the strut gets past its point where the rod gets into its extending point, is when it will start to be able to hold the glass up. This of course changes as the struts pressure starts to fart out its ooomph.
    Thanks. My glass stays up easily. The hatch only stays up at the most extended point... maybe a little less. Once past that, it will fall slowly to close.
    Just trying to figure out if that is normal or not. Car is new to me.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Change out the struts soon, come spring and summer, the tailgate struts won’t hold it up anymore, end up giving you a bump and a headache if it gets windy.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    joined the e39 touring family today. 2000 RHD 540 touring sport package, glacier green over black interior. Waiting for the m62 or trans to go out to justify full m5 powertrain swap. I don't know how the photos will turn out
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi Mateo8,

A very very rare find for a Right hand Drive E39 in the USA! From what I understand, cars over 25 years old and right hand drive can be imported to the USA (excluding Canada) and there's not the requirement for the really expensive federalization requirements. There's still significant expenses to cover though. In Canada, the age limit is 15 years old for RHD so i'm wondering if this 2000 (possibly 99 build date) example has gone to Canada first and then imported to the USA ? It 'might' have had a deep pocketed owner who imported it and paid the big costs to make it US road legal when less than 25 years old !

It looks like it has the facelift Sport front and rear bumpers, seats too, any other nice options on it ? Glacier Green is 'generally' speaking an unloved colour but does look better with a few choice modifications. There's a few RHD S62 conversions going on here in the UK and I've been evaluating the swap as well. If you went ahead with the swap, would you go for an 'OEM look' as if BMW had indeed made an E39 M5 Touring?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    DennisCooper,

It was brought into the United States in 2005 as a diplomatic vehicle from the UK and federalized, thus circumventing the 25 year rule for imports. It was subsequently sold to an owner in Colorado and passed emissions in '07, then moved to South Carolina in '08, then finally to Virginia in 2010. I am currently working with government compliance officers to get it re-federalized (apparently I need the official paperwork when it came in to the US in '05 along with the paperwork when it cleared emissions in Colorado in '07, which I am sure is long gone) for emissions in all 50 states. Options wise there really isn't any that I know of. I have the manual seats (non heated), the 6 cd changer, a cassette player (yes this really dates the car) and the sports package. If there are any others that you know of let me know and I can report back to you (also, since the car is not with me currently I do not know the production date but this weekend I will report back).

I would keep it stock looking, but add all the parts (drivetrain and suspension) from the m5 of the year. The car as it sits right now has some issues, the most glaring is the gauge cluster which either ranges from what it looked like brand new to having all the pixels go out (literally seems like it depends on if it wants to wake up and show you information or not, but is currently being shipped to BavTek for fixing). Looks wise I appreciate the original design of the e39 too much to change anything, I would like it to represent what BMW should have done in this generation. Personally I am into sleeper and really rare/weird cars. My daily is a '97 4runner 5-speed with factory locker (unicorn in the 3rd gen 4runner world) and the other play car is an '06 wrangler 4 cylinder 6 speed with factory console delete (from what research has told me about 1200 of these were made worldwide in the last year of TJ production) and I learned how to drive a '95 Impala SS (super sleeper, but the GM opti-spark technology in those cars was atrocious, way too many problems, or at least in the car my family had). But this being my first "fast" car I have owned, I would likely fix it up and put it up for sale at the end of the summer (I would get into too much trouble if I kept if for very long).

Glacier green was not my first choice in color but it has been growing on me. I like how it changes color from a blue-green shade when the sun is low in the sky to almost a silver like color once the sun is glaring down on it. If anyone knows what type of wheels are on the car I would like to know because it only has 4 of them and would like to add a matching one as a spare.

That being said, if there is anyone who visits Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, VA, it will be there once I get the issues with it worked out (early to late spring timeframe) just to get a second opinion on the car. It is a higher milage car with 230k on it. It does have the original engine, but had the trans was replaced around 150k I believe (I have the paperwork, just not on me right now). I have to change the cam position sensors, replace the cup holders in the car, fix/replace the tail lights (they are leaking), and take a look at what is causing the surging at idle/transmission (potentially both) once the car gets warmed up, but other than that there should be no other major things wrong with the car other than scheduled maintenance. I am documenting all of the work that I do on the car in the meantime to show people what happens to an e39 at that milage.

Sorry for the long reply.

I will keep this thread updated with the progress

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    In theory that car is defacto forever illegal. Any "exception" cars are supposed to be exported at end of the foreign nationals stay and NOT be eligible for federalization. That's to keep diplomat wankers from using the exception to sneak cars in and make money. Now of course "ain't nobody got time fo dat" tracking them down and being sure it all happens so I think we know plenty of diplodouche cars slip through the cracks. Just saying technically... At least unless they've changed the rules, but I don't think they have...
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    02 525i Wagon, 99 740
    Bought my first BMW wagon this past weekend. It is a 2002 525i Touring. I love it already. I have had 5 e38 740s previously and one E39 (but I only had it for a few days). The wagon is just unique enough that I can appreciate its funkiness as well as its versatility. Picture attached. It has 114K miles.

Question regarding wagons in general. Was the 2010 5 Series wagon the last 5 series wagon sold in the US?

E39.jpg

My Cars
    e39
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
    Bought my first BMW wagon this past weekend. It is a 2002 525i Touring. I love it already. I have had 5 e38 740s previously and one E39 (but I only had it for a few days). The wagon is just unique enough that I can appreciate its funkiness as well as its versatility. Picture attached. It has 114K miles.

Question regarding wagons in general. Was the 2010 5 Series wagon the last 5 series wagon sold in the US?
    Yes, the E61 chassis was the last 5 series touring imported, 2010 was the last model year.

My Cars
    Bmw 528i e39
    Need some help on my e39 528i I can’t figure out where the map sensor is ??? Cars been a pain in my ass !!! Sensor after sensor reading over and over again but I think ! Hopefully! It’s the map sensor throwing off my cam sensors and throwing a code for high absolute pressure in manifold , o2 sensor bank 1 and 2 cam shaft sensor banks a and b and car runs sluggish very sluggish under 3000 rpm , it’s liks like I have a trailer on the thing ! Lol I’m getting a bit frustrated here some please point me in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by tritschalex View Post
    Need some help on my e39 528i I can’t figure out where the map sensor is ??? Cars been a pain in my ass !!! Sensor after sensor reading over and over again but I think ! Hopefully! It’s the map sensor throwing off my cam sensors and throwing a code for high absolute pressure in manifold , o2 sensor bank 1 and 2 cam shaft sensor banks a and b and car runs sluggish very sluggish under 3000 rpm , it’s liks like I have a trailer on the thing ! Lol I’m getting a bit frustrated here some please point me in the right direction

GTFO of this thread and back in your own. The proper etiquette for getting help is NOT to spam multiple unrelated threads with the same question. The proper etiquette is to post a thread of your own (which you have) and wait a short while for answers before bumping it if needed.

I have akready answered your odd question IN your thread. Go see.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    Bmw 528i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    GTFO of this thread and back in your own. The proper etiquette for getting help is NOT to spam multiple unrelated threads with the same question. The proper etiquette is to post a thread of your own (which you have) and wait a short while for answers before bumping it if needed.

I have akready answered your odd question IN your thread. Go see.
    No need to get nasty I have a family to take care of and my vehicle isn’t working properly! I lost my job a bit ago or it would be fixed at bmw if you have a issue with me asking questions to fix my family vehicle shove your remarks where the sun don’t shine I didn’t know it was different threads I’m new to this and don’t know so maybe ask why I’m posting so much before you open your dick sucker

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    No need to get nasty I have a family to take care of and my vehicle isn’t working properly! I lost my job a bit ago or it would be fixed at bmw if you have a issue with me asking questions to fix my family vehicle shove your remarks where the sun don’t shine I didn’t know it was different threads I’m new to this and don’t know so maybe ask why I’m posting so much before you open your dick sucker

You really shot yourself in the foot with that statement.....
    For someone whos received a lot of help from one of the forums most knowledgeable & regarded players (aka Geargrinder), you're not going to be respected around here with that kind of attitude.

My Cars
    Bmw 528i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteghost1 View Post
    You really shot yourself in the foot with that statement.....
    For someone whos received a lot of help from one of the forums most knowledgeable & regarded players (aka Geargrinder), you're not going to be respected around here with that kind of attitude.
    All I did was ask a question and got a negative reply . He didn’t have to tell me get the ???? off the post that’s very rude I never came sideways to him and I don’t understand this forum stuff and I said that in my post I’m new to this and I don’t know what I’m doing . So I get attacked for being a new person that’s how you guys do it here then that’s fine

Last edited by JimLev; 03-10-2019 at 11:24 AM. Reason: You need to red the rules, OK

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Awww man, you really screwed up with your forum ignorance, time to pack up and move back to Squabovia.... you can get a good deal on a Yugo over there.... Oh wait, I hear all the Yugo boards are full of snotty Eastern Europe A-holes too, gonna have to learn your ways....

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    All I did was ask a question and got a negative reply . He didn’t have to tell me get the ???? off the post that’s very rude I never came sideways to him and I don’t understand this forum stuff and I said that in my post I’m new to this and I don’t know what I’m doing . So I get attacked for being a new person that’s how you guys do it here then that’s fine

I don't beleive those were his exact words. As far as your language is concerned there are a few thing you SHOULD be aware of so you don't end up standing it the corner for a week looking at the wall.
    We do like to joke around and sometime you need thick skin to survive.
    We are all pretty much friends here and try to help each other out, so chill out and you'll be OK.
    Read this, OK.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum-rules/
    Last edited by JimLev; 03-10-2019 at 12:04 PM.

My Cars
    Bmw 528i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I don't beleive those were his exact words. As far as your language is concerned there are a few thing you SHOULD be aware of so you don't end up standing it the corner for a week looking at the wall.
    We do like to joke around and sometime you need thick skin to survive.
    We are all pretty much friends here and try to help each other out, so chill out and you'll be OK.
    Read this, OK.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum-rules/
    I totally understand I just don’t like how he came at me saying gtfo this post that’s very disrespectful. I never came to him that way so he shouldn’t towards me that’s all , I just want help fixing this car not to get singled out that’s not what this is for !

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    OK, water over the dam, time to move on.
    You did post in the touring section which wasn't the correct place.
    The main E39 section would be the correct location.

My Cars
    Bmw 528i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    OK, water over the dam, time to move on.
    You did post in the touring section which wasn't the correct place.
    The main E39 section would be the correct location.
    Ok I dont know what touring is , ? Can you inform me please what is my car then the book in it says touring . I have a 528 ia as it says on the paper from time of purchase year 2000 has a l6

My Cars
    750IL/540iT/R53/E46Vert
    Touring is what we call a Wagon / the Touring section deals with wagon / 5 door issues. A 528ia is a 528 ( fuel injected ) automatic. Sedan questions don’t come to this section of the forum.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Touring is the cool car section, but it seems a couple guys could stand to get laid. The e39 has a bit of a learning curve to it,once figured out its pretty simple.
    Good luck and welcome to the forums.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Haha! I was doing some extra credit reading over on Bimmerlife, found this unexpected Fill up Friday surprise. Congrats on the free tank of gas Brian!

https://bimmerlife.com/2019/01/18/shell-fill-up-friday-winner-brian-marks/

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Wagons rule!
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    2002 BMW E39 530i (UK)
    I'm now a proud owner of a 2002 E39 530i Sport touring, an import from Japan. It's just covered 85k miles and it's absolutely spotless, no rust on the car at all, anywhere!

It's already had a fair bit of work done to it (cooling system, oil/filter, autobox flush, new headlights etc) and will be getting some new alloys and suspension soon enough also.

Here are some pics from when I collected it:

My car: 2002 E39 540i Sport - Japanese import - the new project!

My Cars
    S54 and S62
    Stunning! Congrats!
    Current:
    Alpine White E46 325i Touring S54 6MT
    Titanium Silver E39 540i Touring M-Sport S62 6MT

Past:
    Alpine White E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
    Interlagos Blue E85 Z4 M Roadster 6MT
    Le Mans Blue E92 M3 6MT
    Japan Red E46 325i Touring S54 6MT
    Estoril Blue Individual E46 M3 Coupe 6MT
    Cosmos Black E36 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
    Alpine White E92 M3 6MT
    Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
    Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 Coupe 6MT
    Jet Black E36 325is S52 5MT
    Lagoon Green E36 325is 5MT

My Cars
    2002 540i Touring Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by danb1979 View Post
    I'm now a proud owner of a 2002 E39 530i Sport touring, an import from Japan. It's just covered 85k miles and it's absolutely spotless, no rust on the car at all, anywhere!

It's already had a fair bit of work done to it (cooling system, oil/filter, autobox flush, new headlights etc) and will be getting some new alloys and suspension soon enough also.

Here are some pics from when I collected it:
    Beauty. Congrats!
    Ed

Keep on modding and fixing!..

Page 299 of 301 FirstFirst ... 199249274289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast