Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Great pics
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    e39 wagon
    Redshift Thank you very much.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi

Crazypainter - MVR wheels! Sought after back in the day! I'm really liking the 2 tone refinish you have on them too! they look better minus the BMW badge as well! Great picture quality and locations, do you have any more plans for the car ?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Awesome. And agree, I love the wheels painted like that!

My Cars
    e39 wagon
    RVAE34 Thank you very much. DennisCooper Thank you. I first refinished the wheels with the flat metallic gray,but it just didn't stand out enough. That's when i painted the barrels gloss white. People either seem to love it or hate it. I have had the car for two years now,so it's up for sale. Time for a new project.

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    Two years. Lol
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    E53, E38, E34, E39T
    Figure I should showcase this find a bit. I love this wagon. LOVE IT! Has Dinan software. Boy this sucker is fast. Actually spins tires and actuates traction control a bit more than I'd like. Will need a new front bumper though. I've seen several guys swear by the OEM M5 bumper, but the plastic it's made of is just far too brittle. I'm going to replace it with an aftermarket M5 bumper. Might as well save myself the money. The front bumper on my green wagon has taken more of a beating that the M5 bumper and it's not cracked in as many places.

Yes, the stripes have to go. Just have not got around to it yet. PO did it, not I. 206K miles on the clock, chain guides already done. WHISPER QUITE and pulls like a freight train. Got it for the wife as backup to the X5, but in all reality, I bought it for me... I say this knowing fully well she'll never read this forum... hahaha.

Some Places remain unknown because no one has ventured forth. Others remain so because no one has ever come back......

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    Attachment 555716I just bought crazypainters car. I can't say enough about him and his car. He was a class act on all regards. This car is awesome, just clean to the nieth degree. It drove home fine and got lots of hands up. I look forward to having lots of great drives in this car too. Thanks Brian for a great deal.
    Last edited by gaspump; 11-23-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    Lets get the party started before it's my bedtime.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Have seen car in person. Touring is a beautiful blue. Very nice purchase.

My Cars
    E46 M3 E39 M5T CLK55
    Seifert92, that alcantara and interior work is Amazing! Incredible all of the details that went into that!

My touring is slooowwwllllyy coming along. It is my side project when I have time to tinker on it. This is what I got myself into lately...

And a quick little drive to bed the pads in...

I really didn't want 19's but they are growing on me. That being said, I think I'm going to have to roll the rear a touch if I want to lower it. I have SLS still and it looks nice when it sits down in the back. But, I am done for a bit. I have to focus on other things for awhile. Haha. That is, until I get distracted again!

Awesome tourings in here!
    Last edited by shaunmlavery; 12-01-2015 at 02:43 PM.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Those wheels look amazing on that wagon.

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Very nice Touring,More info on the Brembo's pls.

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    My subframe broke where the lower suspension is bolted to the front hole in the subframe. The mount bolt tore though the bottom of the mount.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Luckily, I found a used subframe immediately at a good price.

My Cars
    E46 M3 E39 M5T CLK55
    auaq, thanks! Always loved the schnitzer wheels but always seemed to have 2 piece wheels/BBS's. Well, I am enjoying the simplicity of these as well as the ease of cleaning!

jp5, the Brembo's are 355mm 4 pot calipers. The pads are nothing aggressive as I haven't changed my rear setup yet. More than anything, they are for looks. I work around Mercedes and see E63 wagons and it just pushes me to want to make the touring special. How I wished they would have made an E39 M5T!

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    325, are you sure the subframe broke and not the subframe bushing?

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Very sure the frame broke. I will post pics when we get it out. The wishbone attaches to the subframe through two prongs with bolt holes. The bolt tore through the bolt holes.

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Oh dang, you tore the arm ears.

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspump View Post
    Attachment 555716I just bought crazypainters car. I can't say enough about him and his car. He was a class act on all regards. This car is awesome, just clean to the nieth degree. It drove home fine and got lots of hands up. I look forward to having lots of great drives in this car too. Thanks Brian for a great deal.
    That car does look super clean from the pics Crazypainter posted previously. What color is it? Looks similar to mine which is StahlBlau Metallic:

Quote Originally Posted by shaunmlavery View Post
    My touring is slooowwwllllyy coming along. It is my side project when I have time to tinker on it. This is what I got myself into lately...

I really didn't want 19's but they are growing on me. That being said, I think I'm going to have to roll the rear a touch if I want to lower it. I have SLS still and it looks nice when it sits down in the back. But, I am done for a bit. I have to focus on other things for awhile. Haha. That is, until I get distracted again!

Awesome tourings in here!
    That Brembo GT kit looks great...but now you need the rear kit to match! Hahaha. Love the wheels too...they look great in 19". I have a set of e39 fitment 18" ACS Type II Rennsports that I was gonna put on the Touring, but i'm having second thoughts because i've come to like the 19's that are currently on it:

Might do a test fit tomorrow just to see how one looks on the touring...
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    Oh dang, you tore the arm ears.
    That is the correct description. Paid $200 for a replacement subframe and feel lucky to have found a touring subframe nearby at a reasonable price. Hopefully back on the road by the end of the week.

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    Mpowered02. Yep, we have the same color, Stahlblue. Love the color. Boy, would I like to have those AC's 18's, they would look great on your car, even at 18 inch.
    Last edited by gaspump; 12-09-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Lets get the party started before it's my bedtime.

My Cars
    E46 M3 E39 M5T CLK55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpowered02 View Post
    That Brembo GT kit looks great...but now you need the rear kit to match! Hahaha. Love the wheels too...they look great in 19". I have a set of e39 fitment 18" ACS Type II Rennsports that I was gonna put on the Touring, but i'm having second thoughts because i've come to like the 19's that are currently on it:

Might do a test fit tomorrow just to see how one looks on the touring...
    I went back and forth for a bit with those and the ones I settled on. I love 2 piece wheels but at the end of the day, this was always one of my favorite wheels for the E39. I love the lips on the 18" wheel you have but I kind of got that feeling with my 19" and the concaveness they give.

Oh, and they are easy to clean. Haha. I love this so much. I can't remember the last time I could stick my hand through a wheel and clean the inside barrel. The little things.

When you stick those on, let us see. I was curious how they would look. Hopefully it won't piss me off too much, as I need to keep mine!

- - - Updated - - -

Our of curiosity, anyone have any alpina softlines, etc. on the touring? These were a close second for me but the Schnitzer's won out. Love alpina's though.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

I'm loving the attention and upgrades on you guys cars! E39 Tourings for the win !

Shaunlavery - There's a guy who lives about 500 yards from my house who has two sets of the ACS Type 3 monoblocks like you have! he won't (doesn't want to yet) sell me one or both sets! I've 'prodded' him a few times over the last couple years and I'm due to prod him again now I think! the reason is I *really* want to run the 9.5 wide rear wheels from each set all around! The reason for that is back in 1999 when I had my 1995 E34 525i Sport, I purchased a brand new set (my wallet still hurts!) of 18 inch genuine type 3's in 8.5x19 all round. This gave me the deeper concave look on the front wheels as well as the rears and it looked fantastic! since then, I've noticed 99.8% of the BMW community want the staggered setup which is fine of course, but then the front wheels 'look' different to the rears due to concavity and/or lip depths. That all said, the staggered setup for the ACS type 3 monoblocks still look fantastic in 19 inch sizing - so mucho cool points to you! Any more plans for the car? front/rear Sport bumpers?!

Mpowered02 - I think you've mentioned you'll be doing some awesome mods to your car, so looking forward to it all (if you have a build thread already, apologies, I've not had as much time to be on the forum lately due to some bits and pieces I'm up to!) and those type 2 Racings are similarly awesome !

Here's some pictures of ACS wheels I've collected where they've been re-lipped and barreled and look even more fantastic as a result!

As for the Alpina's the very rare 2 piece versions can be converted to 3 piece and look like this;

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    '99 540iT; '00 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasportador View Post

Whats the deal with the trim piece under the rear vents? I've never seen that before. Only seen the mini cubby and the cupholders..

My Cars
    E46 M3 E39 M5T CLK55
    Dennis,

those ACS Type III Racing...If I would have stumbled across a set of those, it probably would have changed my mind of doing without 2-piece wheels this go around. Those look amazing. And the E34, that doesn't look too bad either! I love E34's but have only had a few and that is bizzare to me. When I go after the older ones, I get pulled by the E28's.

Love Alpinas for there classic looks but at the end of the day, I think I'm glad I chose the ACS's for the E39. I always wanted alpina's for the E28 but never did it.

As far as what I have done to my touring, I'll upload some other photos of it. I've had it for a couple years. It is/was TiSi/Grey but the interior has been overhauled. It has recieved a leather dash/etc., black/silverstone interior from the M5, leather trim and all black interior from a donor touring. I still have to finish the alcantara headliner. And then there are those M5 subframes...way too much to do to this guy. Haha.

Awesome tourings in here guys!
    Last edited by shaunmlavery; 12-11-2015 at 11:17 AM.

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Mpowered02 - I think you've mentioned you'll be doing some awesome mods to your car, so looking forward to it all (if you have a build thread already, apologies, I've not had as much time to be on the forum lately due to some bits and pieces I'm up to!) and those type 2 Racings are similarly awesome !

Here's some pictures of ACS wheels I've collected where they've been re-lipped and barreled and look even more fantastic as a result!
    WOW. DennisCooper...Those wheels are drop-dead gorgeous. Those Type III's with the bigger lips look amazing. Was actually having second thoughts about running the Type II Rennsports on my touring (because i've grown to like the car with 19's on it) but that post may have just changed my mind. Would love to have them re-built with new barrels and lips. Got any pics with 18" Type II Rennsports on a Touring?! Even better would be to find a set of 19" Type II or III Rennsports...

I actually have started a maintenance/mod thread for my car but there really isn't much in there just yet. It's gonna be a very slow road for my Touring. It serves as my daily driver and family hauler so can't really afford any downtime for the car at this point. I'm also working on building a shop (i'm an ex-BMW Level 1/master technician), so that, working on client cars, and the family takes priority of my time and money for now.
    If you wanna take a peek, my maintenance/mod thread can be found HERE. Like I said, there isn't much in there yet, but I did post some pics of the Eaton TVS S/C that I plan to use on the car eventually...

BTW...I just noticed that in some of those Type II pics...you have different wheel bolts than the Ti hardware that come originally with the Ronal-made type II Rennsports. Is this because the Ti hardware is no longer available? I heard they were really hard to get. Or would you by chance know of a source for the origin Titanium hardware? My wheels are missing a couple so i'm looking to replace them all if/when i rebuild them...thanks!
    Last edited by Mpowered02; 12-11-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

Page 275 of 301 FirstFirst ... 175225250265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285300 ... LastLast