Page 1 of 301 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd

The UNOFFICIAL E39 Touring Thread!

I think it's about time that we have a dedicated thread specifically for the e39 touring. I say this because I've noticed there's a big herd of e39 touring owners jumping into this subforum..

I want to personally dedicate a lot of time to answer your touring questions. To the touring gurus, please jump in! Anything from check low beam headlight warnings to failing tailgate actuators...It's been 2 years on the forum, and I want to give back a lot...

Also, I want this thread to be a spot where you can show your hot tourings...So please don't hesitate to post your pics...

Let the fun begin!!!

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    2001 525iT
    I think it's a great idea! I think that a Touring sub-forum would be nice too. I know that idea has been visited in the past and went nowhere. I don't have a ton of expertise, but I have a Bentley Manual if anyone needs something looked up.

My Cars
    99 540it, 88 325is
    Yes.... brilliant!

My Cars
    2003 540i - M-Sport
    post pics of your touring!
    2003 540i M-Sport - Sterling Grey/Black Leather
    GPS | PP | Rear Shades | Intravee II | Valentine 1 | 35w ProLumen HID Fog Lights w/3000k bulbs | 35% Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint | Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 83mm | Eibach Rear Sway Bar | Weichers Front Strut Tower Brace | Racing Dynamics CAI | Stealthone | Sound by Focal/JL Audio/Arc Audio

DPE Wheels for Sale....

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...5#post26952145

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    I don't think there is a reason for a touring subforum. You don't see any other sections of bf.c with subforums like those.

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Brilliant!
    Garrett

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Fail...

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Quote Originally Posted by MNsport528i View Post
    Excellent idea! I've been pre-shopping E39 iT's for some time now. I'm interested in the '02-03 525/540 models. It will be a while before I would be buying one, but here's my question - so the ideal wagon is the '03 sport and I am looking for Black/tan with cold weather/navigation. In casually browsing for over a year now, I've only seen that one you were looking at out in CA. So indeed they're very rare - but I have seen a few 525's with sport/cold weather and navigation. But the 525 sport wagon did not come with shadowline trim (and the M-sport bumpers...but that's ok) - wondering about how much it would be to retrofit shadowline onto the iT?

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    1999 528iA Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbi4u View Post
    Sorry. Did OP mean a subforum or a thread? Subforum good idea. Thread with all sorts of questions/pictures/information about iT's ...not a good idea I guess ...

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
    I don't think there is a reason for a touring subforum. You don't see any other sections of bf.c with subforums like those.
    i agree with you that there's not much of a reason to do a subforum for the touring...major differences with the touring and sedans are minimal...suspension, trunk lid issues, to name a few...but i disagree with just because other sections aren't doing it we shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by MNsport528i View Post
    Sorry. Did OP mean a subforum or a thread? Subforum good idea. Thread with all sorts of questions/pictures/information about iT's ...not a good idea I guess ...
    no intentions really to create a subforum gentleman...just a chat thread of queries on tourings =)...as for retrofit on shadowline, $20 will be your budget =) pick up the shadowline tape from a local autopart store like autozone, kragens, pepboys, etc...

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    *subscribing*
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    00' 328i/540iT, 11' 335D

Here's Mine

Undergoing a little maintenance. just about to hit 100K miles so doing plugs, O2 sensors and dealing with the leaking valve cover gaskets (thoes fuel injector connector clips are a royal pain to get off). Covers are at the powder coater to eliminate that flaking/bubbling gold paint once and for all. Will post more pixs after she's up and running again in a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Nice, KBsilver.

Deja Vu - I was in exactly the same spot just a few weeks ago. While you are in there, you may as well do the valley pan and intake gaskets.

BTW, do not misplace or damage an injector clip - they are not available without the entire harness (upon discovering this, I returned to the garage and found that lil sucker).

Pic of my stripped/re-painted valve covers (my most gratifying mod to date!).
    Last edited by Mad Dog 20/20; 03-06-2008 at 01:02 PM.
    Garrett

My Cars
    00' 328i/540iT, 11' 335D
    Valley pan, intake gaskets and CCV were done last year. Although did not lose any injector clips, I came close! All clips are correctly seated on the connectors ready to be reattached. Valve train looked pretty good, no sludge, just a slight red coating. Cam lobes still look sharp, minimal wear. Will post pixs when all is done. Went for dark blue on the covers (car is Orient Blue). Think the $100 (or so) spent for powder coating was worth it as he tanked then meda blasted the covers. Would have taken me hours to do it by hand. Plus hopefully the baked on powder coating will last forever.

My Cars
    2001 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
    That sounds like something my dad would say!!

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
    Valley pan, intake gaskets and CCV were done last year. Although did not lose any injector clips, I came close! All clips are correctly seated on the connectors ready to be reattached. Valve train looked pretty good, no sludge, just a slight red coating. Cam lobes still look sharp, minimal wear. Will post pixs when all is done. Went for dark blue on the covers (car is Orient Blue). Think the $100 (or so) spent for powder coating was worth it as he tanked then meda blasted the covers. Would have taken me hours to do it by hand. Plus hopefully the baked on powder coating will last forever.
    as cliche-ish, it may sound, but i can't wait to see the results on the cover...i had attempted the same thing on a previous touring...and my spray can skills is just non-existent...

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Think the $100 (or so) spent for powder coating was worth it as he tanked then meda blasted the covers. Would have taken me hours to do it by hand. Plus hopefully the baked on powder coating will last forever.
    Indeed.

Stripping with aircraft stripper was one messy/stinky job. Then bake-curing the new paint at 400F was equally stinky. Major PITA and time-consuming.
    Garrett

My Cars
    00' 328i/540iT, 11' 335D

Here is a quick Preview

Here is a quick preview. Just picked them up. Remember this is not paint, powder coat is a solid/dry process that is melted on in an oven. The magnesium, which is a bit porous had some pock marks but still elected to use a glossy (rather than flat or wrinkle) finish (car is Orient Blue). If anyone has done this, you know how hard it would be to get the underside as clean as these turned out. Hopefully will make for a good no weep seal.
    Last edited by kbsilver; 11-20-2008 at 10:59 AM.

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Here is a quick preview. Just picked them up. Remember this is not paint, powder coat is a solid/dry process that is melted on in an oven. The magnesium, which is a bit porous had some pock marks but still elected to use a glossy (rather than flat or wrinkle) finish (car is Orient Blue). If anyone has done this, you know how hard it would be to get the underside as clean as these turned out. Hopefully will make for a good no weep seal.

SWEET JEEZUS!!!...they look great! Another Orient Metallic...which powdercoater did you use and how much did they run? The look great!
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    while the e39 touring is a great rendition of the model there is not enough different about it to warrant a special subforum. They are the same exact cars, except the bubble butt.

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    Quote Originally Posted by e39dream View Post
    while the e39 touring is a great rendition of the model there is not enough different about it to warrant a special subforum. They are the same exact cars, except the bubble butt.
    +1 chief! that's why just have a chat thread for touring owners in need =)!

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    and for a $100, that turned out magnificent! =)

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I always enjoy the touring pic threads myself. Digging the signature by the way. I also love spotting e39 tourings on the streets, I don't see many.

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Quote Originally Posted by e39dream View Post
    so what exactly are you saying about my car's @$$?
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I like a little bubble in the back, but nothing out of hand.

Page 1 of 301 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast