Thread: What's the deal with this turbo? Garret T4 twin scroll, .84 exhaust / .50 compressor

My Cars
    E36, MKII

What's the deal with this turbo? Garret T4 twin scroll, .84 exhaust / .50 compressor

I picked up a rebuilt garret turbo from a guy at work who is into mazda and toyota engines. I got a super good deal on it, and am just hoping that it will be compatible with the build I've got in mind. Given these area ratios, what kind of HP can i expect out of my m50 w/ just a head spacer & s50 cams (as an aside, I'm pretty sure cams are worthwhile but just wanted to ask about that as well)? I know there are numerous other variables, but ballpark, is 400 attainable with this snail? I don't have much more info than that, aside from a few numbers cast into the casing. They read m-24 RC (compressor). On the exhaust side there is a small plate with some numbers (41121). I already bought it but just want to get an official bf.c consult before I continue down the path to boost and financial ruin

Thanks in advance for the insight fellas.
    But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin real hard.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    I'm not sure how such a small compressor a/r would affect the performance. Sounds like a really weird match up, possibly even a diesel turbo with that large of a turbine housing. The only divided t4 turbo I could find that is .50/84 is this http://www.global-b2b-network.com/b2...bocharger.html

similar?

My Cars
    E36, MKII
    yeah... my buddy has a very similar turbo on his vr6 build (I believe its a holsett H1c). His compressor wheel is a mm or so larger than mine,

My Cars
    530i E60
    Post some photos of the turbo and others can better identify the turbo for sure.

530i E60 Wizard of Nos Nitrous System/STS Rear Mounted Custom Turbo(PSI_unknown)

My Cars
    E36, MKII
    Quote Originally Posted by EastBayMPower View Post
    I'm not sure how such a small compressor a/r would affect the performance. Sounds like a really weird match up, possibly even a diesel turbo with that large of a turbine housing. The only divided t4 turbo I could find that is .50/84 is this http://www.global-b2b-network.com/b2...bocharger.html

similar?
    the turbo at this link looks exactly like mine. I can tell you that it is indeed a diesel turbo. Just not sure about much other than that.