Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PASoft BMW Scanner

My Cars
    1999 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisMcG View Post
    I've been messing around with PASoft for almost a year. I finally got it to work this morning, with a serial-usb cable even. I changed my settings in device manager to 600 baud, flow control to "Hardware", and deselected FIF0 in advanced settings. I don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me.
    What are you talking about? Getting the Pa Soft 1.3.6 interface to work with PA Soft 1.3.6 software? That's no big deal. Just use a sufficently old computer. Or what I'm talking about which is getting the modified PA Soft 1.4.0 Demo interface working with PA Soft 1.3.6 software.

The serial port baud rate setting in the control panel don't matter since the PA Soft software will override the baud rate settings.
    Last edited by scottjoh; 10-11-2010 at 04:25 PM.

My Cars
    98 740i, 03 Victory
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjoh View Post
    What are you talking about? Getting the Pa Soft 1.3.6 interface to work with PA Soft 1.3.6 software? That's no big deal. Just use a sufficently old computer. Or what I'm talking about which is getting the modified PA Soft 1.4.0 Demo interface working with PA Soft 1.3.6 software.

The serial port baud rate setting in the control panel don't matter since the PA Soft software will override the baud rate settings.

The vast majority of people have been unable to get any version of PASoft to work. I was merely letting people know that I managed to get mine working and what I did.

This may not be a big deal to you, but the purpose of these forums is to help people, not to be condescending.

My Cars
    1999 728i

.. trying to see the wood for the trees!

maybe I am a bit thick, but all this trying to use 1.3.6 hardware (black box + connectors) with any 1.4? software seems a bit unlikely to work.

I have just got the 1.3.6 hardware and 1.3.6 software and trying to get it up and running under XP (my old laptop). As I dont have a RS232 port on my old laptop I am using a USB -> RS232 adaptor. After reading the threads (what a convoluted web!) not sure if it is a red herring that a hard wired RS232 port is needed, as I can configure my built in emulator "Prolific USB-Serial Com port" to recognise that the "BMWscanner blackbox" is a indeed a serial device when I connect it to my USB socket using the cable adaptor. Also this port (Com 9 for my laptop setup) appears in the drop down list in the Bmwscanner1.3.6 Application "Settings". So looks like the port is recognised by the 1.3.6Application ok ...

The problem is when I plug in the 20pin socket to the car ... the blackbox now has power, to get the k-line connection I needed to tell my computer what it is that I am connecting to. Obviously "BMWscanner1.3.6" is not a standard item recognised by the hardware setup wizard, so when i use the setup wizard, the only thing it could recommend was a "Serial to Infra red adaptor" .. not ideal but the only thing it could find .... so I installed with this, and I got the k-line recognition (green light on), but as expected the BMWscanner 1.3.6 application when hitting the "Find units" button gave error "Can not port init"

So, I guess the people who got this far and it worked were lucky and had either a more suitable (compatible) default hardware option to install from , or had AN ACTUAL DRIVER FOR THE BLACK BOX

So my question is, if you have been successful what Driver did you use for the hardware setup if using a USB adaptor? The CD I got with my kit, had the 1.3.6 application but NO driver? .... I'm not a techy, but maybe a driver is not needed for a hardwired laptop COM ports, but only for kit connected by a USB adaptor?

Any clarificartion would be much appreciated ....

My Cars
    1996 BMW E39 523 LIM
    I have used this interface also. First time I did not succeed to ge a connection. After opening the interface, I pushed the chips a bit on the board and also verified the solder. After this, I had connection and it worked perfectly.
    A lot of interfaces have bad solders. I suggest to have a look in the interface itself. You do not need any driver for this. The only thing what you need is a good USB to R232 cable. For this you need a driver and set the correct port settings. Your failure is related to the R232 port, not the interface itself. Please try these settings.
    Baud: 9600
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow Control: None

If you do not success, I can send a default USB to R232 driver what I was using. The original delivered driver did not work for me, this one did. If you drop me an email address, I can mail the driver to you.

Good luck

My Cars
    E36TRBO,01m3 S/C,others
    So you are saying these ebay scanners work? I have an 01 528i that I want to check and clear the codes on and auto zone is a bunch of crap
    Last edited by crazeetowntatto; 04-01-2011 at 08:25 PM.

My Cars
    '01 325i Sedan Sport
    Do the complete 1.4 setups work?? Someone on another forum said yes.
    '05 545i 6spd manual, Sport pkg, CW pkg, Alpine White w/Auburn interior
    '01 325i Sport Package, 5spd, Alpine white, Xenons -sold!
    '93 Mustang LX 5.0, 5spd, Vortech Si-Trim, etc. 11.91@123.5 - 5+ yr old street tires

My Cars
    1997 540

pasoft 136

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel D View Post
    I have used this interface also. First time I did not succeed to ge a connection. After opening the interface, I pushed the chips a bit on the board and also verified the solder. After this, I had connection and it worked perfectly.
    A lot of interfaces have bad solders. I suggest to have a look in the interface itself. You do not need any driver for this. The only thing what you need is a good USB to R232 cable. For this you need a driver and set the correct port settings. Your failure is related to the R232 port, not the interface itself. Please try these settings.
    Baud: 9600
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow Control: None

If you do not success, I can send a default USB to R232 driver what I was using. The original delivered driver did not work for me, this one did. If you drop me an email address, I can mail the driver to you.

Good luck
    I have a pasoft 136 you said you made yours work i need help with mine can you help me call me please thanks doug 217 836 3640

My Cars
    1997 540

pa 136

have you made the pa soft 136 work i have one from ebay i could use your help please sel 217 836 3640 or doug.backstein@gmail.com thank you.

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    hi there, I recently bought the P.A. Soft BMW Scanner V1.4 and I run great!!!!!!

no need any .ini files or modify nothing, just connect the P.A. Soft BMW Scanner V1.40 usb device interface in to my laptop and in to my OBDII port in my car (e39) and they ask me to install a new hardware, and I browse the drivers for this device in my local BMW Scanner software folder, in my case is here c:\BMWScan140\Drivers and thatīs it!!!!!

enjoy.....

I already re write the odometer and activate and deactivate some features in my car...

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    Quote Originally Posted by light8008 View Post
    I think you should redownload the software in any other website
    I download the software from the official P.A. Soft BMW Scanner website

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    2009 C350
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
    I download the software from the official P.A. Soft BMW Scanner website
    What cables did you buy? I bought the PASoft 1.36 from Chinese ebayer and couldn't get them working over a serial port.

My Cars
    M3 Conv-Individual 2006
    Hello

,could you be so kind and perhaps send the full software version of bmw scan 1.4 to me

BR

fallen Angel

sebbe76@msn.com

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Will PA Soft work with gerts interface???? Trying to code a used cluster with 100% pixels to my 98 e38...

My Cars
    e91, e38, c4, b4
    PA soft works with PA soft interface. And if you buy a china version from ebay, use only the cracked software comming with the package. If you have installed the real version before, re-install your Windows. Other wise you might get your china interface burned.

BMW 320d Touring e91 -06 ----- BMW 740iA "ALPINA" e38 -00
    Audi UrS4 Avant 2.2T Twincharged @624hp/737Nm -93 ----- Audi 80q B4 2.2T @500hp/620Nm -92

My Cars
    E46 Compact 318ti
    quick revive

would anyone mind sending me a downloadlink for the scanner version 1.3.6 full version, need to help out a friend with his e46

cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123