Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1999 BMW 540i/6 Alpine White modded

My Cars
    BMWs

FS: 1999 BMW 540i/6 Alpine White modded

Car is no longer for sale
    Last edited by gurba202; 05-14-2008 at 08:20 AM.

My Cars
    1998 528i

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdawg View Post
    Live the Yuppie life, drive the Yuppie car, pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, but like to pose as a Yuppie? Pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    530i
    damn that car is so clean!

My Cars
    Drat
    Very nice. Good luck with the sale. I think you're going to have a little bit of a hard time with the price outside of the enthusiast market. Book value on pre-01 cars is way down, and to people for whom mods don't make a difference, the impressive list of things you've added isn't much of a selling point. That said, that's a beautiful E39 and I hope it gets a good home with someone who'll care for it as you have.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535ix

Beauty and GL with the sale

I was thinking the same thing as RocketWagon, as awesome as that car looks, its still an 99 with 90k+ mileage. And a lot of people don't care much about mods and mods don't always add value to the car, they add to the current owners value and enjoyment of the car. But boy oh boy is that a beautiful 540, I hope it finds a wonderful home!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    looks great .. love the bbk .. gosh you might want to strip her down and sell the parts .. probable get more for the mods .. btw, what happened to the cf splitter ?

1998 540IA Arctic Silver, OEM M-Tech Bumpers, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit, MKII Motorsport 18x8.5 and 18x10, M5 Style Mirrors, ACS Style Trunk and Roof Spoiler, OEM Hella Xenon Headlights 4300k blubs, Slim HID 3K Projector Fogs, Euro Hella Celis Taillights, OEM M5 Kidney Grill, 35% tint, magnaflow 18415

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by JGs00528i View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as RocketWagon, as awesome as that car looks, its still an 99 with 90k+ mileage. And a lot of people don't care much about mods and mods don't always add value to the car, they add to the current owners value and enjoyment of the car. But boy oh boy is that a beautiful 540, I hope it finds a wonderful home!
    Thanks and I know exactly what you guys are saying. This is kind of a feeler sale. If it does not sell, i will part it out. I already have people lined up for lights, brakes, exhaust, headers, wheels, intake etc. I really do not want to part it out, but rather offer it as a complete package to an enthusiast. We'll see if my buyer is out there. Thanks again.

My Cars
    M52 5MT Sport 01/98
    Alpine white E39, one of the most beautiful cars out there. Sorry to hear you're selling.
    Rules to live by:
    - Fast, reliable, cheap. You can only have two.
    - Do it right, or do it twice.
    - BMW: Just because you can afford to buy one, that doesn't mean you can afford to own one.

1998 528i 5-speed sport - sandbeige with technical graphite trim - Jim Conforti Shark Injector - CDV delete - MY2000 M5 Xenon headlights - MY2000 M5 tails - PP M5 front bumper - E46 M3 paper filter - E60 545i shifter w/ E46 ZHP knob - 12" Alpine Type-R & 500w RF - CD53 w/ AUX input

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptom540 View Post
    looks great .. love the bbk .. gosh you might want to strip her down and sell the parts .. probable get more for the mods .. btw, what happened to the cf splitter ?
    the CF spoiler is in my garage and will be offered with the car. I took it down because i have a steep driveway.

My Cars
    530i
    o man! let us know if you are going to part out. can i call dibs on that strut bar? =p

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    bro don't sell!!!! if ur not gonna get the price you want, don't sell it though...SERIOUSLY.

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    99 LSB WB E39T S/C'd
    but if you must, can i get dibs on the m5 mirrors? =) oem right?

authorized distributors of:: carbon 8 :: mycarr
    authorized seller of :: linea corse :: miro design :: dp engineering

please don't hesitate to contact me for your BMW needs!
    AIM : eur0dyne || Yahoo : euro_dyne || MSN : eur0dyne
    Email : sales@euro-dyne.com || Phone : (714) 901-5080

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    As someone who has parted a car before...its NO FUN watching your baby go back to being "normal"....lovely looking car...I bet she's a beauty to drive...best of luck with the sale.
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    WOW!! awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by oekundar View Post
    As someone who has parted a car before...its NO FUN watching your baby go back to being "normal"....lovely looking car...I bet she's a beauty to drive...best of luck with the sale.
    thanks for the kind words...
    I will not part it out for now. I really want someone to enjoy this car, in it's current form. It's a well balanced car, and all it really needs is a supercharger. (which I was going to add, but bought an M5 instead)

My Cars
    the short bus
    Quote Originally Posted by gurba202 View Post
    thanks for the kind words...
    I will not part it out for now. I really want someone to enjoy this car, in it's current form. It's a well balanced car, and all it really needs is a supercharger. (which I was going to add, but bought an M5 instead)
    Good choice... now let's see some pics of that Imola Red M5!

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    Don't listen to these guys saying it's overpriced. A non-enthusiast would take one drive and think it's too loud or something. It will sell to an enthusiast, but you might have to wait to find that perfect buyer.

My Cars
    2000 5401 6Spd; '97 Mercedes C280, '03 Ford Focus

Absolutely beautiful ride. I have considered selling mine over the past 12 monts but

it will eventually end up with my son. Good luck on the sale; for an enthusiast itntent on having an E39 to mod, this would be a pretty good buy. I'm thinking about adding Supersprint Headers at some point in the future so if you decide to part it out...........

My Cars
    99 540i Cosmos Blk/Blk
    OMG i want..

There are many mods on this car which im hoping my car will be like someday.

Minus a few things.

I honestly dont think you will have a hard time selling it.

Heck, if i heard it, i know id buy it in a heartbeat

EDIT: I decided to edit this post a couple minutes later just to add this:
    Last edited by UnderPAR; 02-27-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    1999 540iA Cosmos Black: Pdc / Dsp / Heated Seats / Shades / Xenons

My Cars
    BMWs
    Thanks guys for all the kind words.

This is the first day that the car has been up for sale. I have a few interested and two very interested. What I'm most excited about is that this car will end up with a true enthusiast. Will keep you guys posted.

My Cars
    540i6
    nice car good luck with sale

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    WTF?!? I turn my back to the screen for a few minutes and up comes this thread.

Gurba, i knowhow you feel man. I too have too many car. I have a Nav that barely see's the road. Last year I drove it no more then 1000 miles. I need to get rid of it too but its not easy. Especially with the economy going to shit. You can try but getting any top dollar amount is going to be hard. If you can, hold on to it till things get better. Worst case scenario, take the plates off and cover her up. Dont settle for ANYTHING less! Hold your ground and when the time is right, she will be sold to the proper people.

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    SC E39 M5, E92 M3 DCT
    hmm, this is a little over my budget but i think i may be able to squeeze a little extra money out of the parents haha. gotta wait until my letters from texas tech and other schools come back.

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    Quote Originally Posted by razahyde View Post
    hmm, this is a little over my budget but i think i may be able to squeeze a little extra money out of the parents haha. gotta wait until my letters from texas tech and other schools come back.
    Do IT!!!!

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    E46 Dinan M3 Vert
    that's one hot alpine 5'er. If I had the money I'd drive right up and get it this weekend. I'm actually looking to buy an alpine 540i/6, then selling my 528i/a, but my budget is way under that

E46 M3 Vert ::: Jet Black / Cinnamon ::: 6MT ::: HRE ::: Dinan ::: AC Schnitzer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast