Thread: Help!! Battery Indicator Light, Transmission Indicator

My Cars
    BMW 325i

Help!! Battery Indicator Light, Transmission Indicator

I wanted to post this to see if I could get everyone's take on my little issue I encountered this morning. I was driving on the way to work this morning. I felt the car hesitate to change gears. I own a 2001 325i. I saw the battery indicator flicker. The next thing I knew the red BRAKE and yellow ABS lights were on. Then I noticed the circle with the exclamation point beside the D. They went off then the red battery indicator came back on and remained on until I arrived at work.

I do not know if this is purely coincidental. But I have been experiencing when turning off the car the little yellow oil light would come on and remain on for about 10 seconds. 2 weekends ago. The oil indicator came on while driving and I had to add 1 quart of oil.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.

My Cars
    07 328xi / Trek 2.3
    alternator... The cars starts to cut off power to the stuff that is not essential to the operation of the car

the oil light at start up is your oil level sensor, change it the next time you do your oil

My Cars
    2002 330xi Ti Silver
    +1 on the alternator. If your battery is losing charge (alternator not keeping up), you will get all sorts of warning/trouble lights lighting up on your dash.

My Cars
    e46/325i e36/325i
    +1 alternator same thing happen to a friend.
    RIP homie TehPandaShow: Loiue

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltql View Post
    alternator... The cars starts to cut off power to the stuff that is not essential to the operation of the car

the oil light at start up is your oil level sensor, change it the next time you do your oil

The oil light is actually just a "low oil" indicator, and from the sound of the it, the OP put in a quart of oil and we'll assume the light went away. In which case the light is performing correctly and the sensor does not need to be replaced.

+1 on the alternator, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    02 330ci
    These cars never cease to amaze me.

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    So my next question is, how much is an alternator going to cost me?

My Cars
    e46/325i e36/325i
    check bavauto.com mileoneparts.com rmeuropean.com pelicanparts.com bimmerzone.com
    RIP homie TehPandaShow: Loiue

My Cars
    2002 330xi Ti Silver
    From the Stealer - mucho dinero, senior