Thread: Thinking of making a shifter kart.

My Cars
    German Super Saloon

Thinking of making a shifter kart.

My dad is getting a mic (mig?) welder and I ve always wanted to make a shifter kart. Now i may have the chance. I have some frame plans from the internet minus the dimensions but im sure with some common sense I can figure those out. I was thinking ouf using an old honda 100 atc that we have as a doner. I would use the engine, and transmission. I'll take the lever for gas and make a pedle for it and place it down where my feet will go. then I ll take the shifter peg and make a knob. I still have no ideas about the breaks. Ill probably use tube aluminum for the frame, I dont know the diameter. I am thinking of using a baby car seat without any of the belts or padding for the seat or just fab one out of medal. For the steering wheel I might just buy one from sparco for $100. Then I am going to look into making some flat sheets of cf and cut it and bend it and glue it to make a body kit. any thoughs, suggestions are welcomed.
    Photobucket sucks!

Long live the E34!

My Cars
    00xp race ski, 08 750il
    you know how to weld alu.??? also look on cart sites for seats ect
    Cars sold now
    #150 WC emra
    andrew vovou

My Cars
    BMW
    Aluminum is a bitch to weld...and it'll take a MIG in the higher power ranges rather than a basic one. TIG is preferred for this type of work.

~Matt Segal

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    brakes are overrated... all they do is slow you down.
    No PMs. Email through forum please.