Thread: where is the fuel pressure regulator found???

My Cars
    Hellrot

where is the fuel pressure regulator found???

On a 95 325i, i need to know where it is so i can change it, and if possible can someone tell me how it can be replaced or any other relevant sites. THANKS

I dont know if this will work but here's some pics of where it is on my engine.

www.bmwe36tips.20m.com/fuelpressreg1.jpg

www.bmwe36tips.20m.com/fuelpressreg2.jpg

I think it is always on the end of the fuel rail and has a vacuum pipe that goes to the intake manifold.

I've just noticed you cant link to it but you can paste the address line into your browser and then view it, must be a restriction on the free hosting service.

My Cars
    95 M3, 94 525it
    The fuel pressure regulator on my 92 325is is located at the rear of the fuel rail. remove the top most plastic engine cover and it will be the round component on the underside of the fuel rail. the coupe engine compartment is tighter than the sedan, so you should have no problem removing and replacing the regulator. I replaced my leaking regulator about 4 months ago. use caution if you must remove the entire fuel rail from the intake manifold. the fuel injector retaining clips are very small and precise. take your time and release each injector clip carefully.
    Last edited by cek2; 07-30-2001 at 12:39 PM.
    happy motoring
    94 525it (M50tu)
    95 M3 (S50)

92 325is (M50) SOLD