Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E30 M3 for sale in Richmond (not mine)

My Cars
    E36

E30 M3 for sale in Richmond (not mine)

I was on my way to the post office on Dabney Road and I passed by David Word automotive. There was a lachssilber E30 M3 out front with a for sale sign in the window. I did a double take and stopped to look at it. Under the ///M3 emblem on the back it had a small sticker that said "EVOLUTION III". It also had the Evo parts on it (front splitter, gurney flap, mirrors) plus a dogleg transmission. Don't know if its real though. Someone should check this out and pick it up.

It appears to be the same car I saw driving downtown not too long ago:

Last edited by bmw325e30; 02-20-2008 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    Bus,Metro,Walk
    wow!
    did you happen to get the guys number from the 4 sale sign or happen to post a price in his ad?
    thanks for sharing

My Cars
    04 M3, 15 GTI
    That car is supposedly the real deal, I've seen it around town for years (the owner lives near Cary & Libbie.) $30k asking price is what I heard through the grapevine...

Jon
    "Power and speed solve many things." -Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    E30 E36 E46 E90
    Gorgeous, gorgeous car.

...but $30K is too damned much.
    2011 M3 Sedan
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ
    1999 323i GTS2
    1995 M3 - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is
    1989 M3 - S54B32/GS6-37BZ

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo
    Hers: 1989 325iX

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by nick325xit 5spd View Post
    Gorgeous, gorgeous car.

...but $30K is too damned much.
    If its a real Evo III then thats about what it's worth.

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by vr4boy View Post
    wow!
    did you happen to get the guys number from the 4 sale sign or happen to post a price in his ad?
    thanks for sharing
    I didn't get the number, I'm not really in a position to buy it haha. I searched on here and S14.net and couldn't find an online ad for it.

My Cars
    1987 325

88 m3 in richmond

for anyone who wanted to know, there is an autotrader add up for this car. listed price is 35. i cant post the url bc im new on the forum

My Cars
    04 M3, 15 GTI
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=237425852

"This is probably the best example of a 1988 BMW M3 Evolution 3 in Richmond. It must be seen to be truly appreciated. This car currently has 156k miles on it. At 105k this M3 was thoroughly modified with BMW Evolution Factory High Performance parts. All modifications were done by professionals at the one of the leaders in BMW Performance on the east coast. There are too many upgrades to list them all here but, here are a few. Evolution 3 front and rear spoilers Evo 3 fog lights in front spoiler Borla Competition Exhaust Evo 3 side mirrors M3 sill covers Competition safety harness..both front seats..Factory seatbelt intact. Front RECARO seats and rear seat reupholstered in original color red leather. 5 wheels 7.5 J x 16 5 Yokohama 225/45/ZR16 93W less than 1500 miles Cross drilled brake rotors front and rear Single wiper arm conversion Aluminum lower control arms Roadsport Suspension Kit Front strut brace Rear strut brace 2.5 litre Stage 2 Engine 2.5 litre crank, pistons etc M3 oil pan kit 2.5 computer chip Evo intake kit with K & N filter Big Bore throttle bodies Close ratio 5 speed manual transmission Motorsports Lightweight flywheel H D lightweight pressure plate H D clutch disc This car is very close to flawless and must be seen to be appreciated."

Nice car, but... 35k? Wow.

Jon

My Cars
    Various junk
    Some 2.5L engines could be worth it with enough $$$ headwork and GpA parts (not just port and polish and 48mm TBs), but that's if the engine was fresh, not with 51K miles post-rebuild.

My Cars
    02 325xit & 88M3
    Not an EVO 3. EVO 3 only came in Red and black, and had recarro(srd, i think) seats with red seat belts, among numerous other things. Also, the EVO 3 was not produced in 88. This is just a silver on cardinal 88 m3, with 51k mile rebuild to 2.5 spec.

My Cars
    88 M3's, 90 325i, 95 M3
    Rumor has it there were one or two Evo III cars made in silver. And you are correct about the year. Isn't that Floda's old car? Oops nope his was diamondschartz. The plate is familar.

It also has US bumper trim.

My Cars
    02 325xit & 88M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Rumor has it there were one or two Evo III cars made in silver. And you are correct about the year. Isn't that Floda's old car? Oops nope his was diamondschartz. The plate is familar.

It also has US bumper trim.
    Jeeze, i completely forgot. YES there was one Silver E3 produced. Talk about a rare car of a rare car. But it sure as hell didn't have those cardinal seats

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    I call bs. It's an 88 M3 with mods. I don't care how tasteful they are they are just mods. Like taking an E36 M3 and saying it's a M3GT by adding parts. Yes it might be worth more, but not by a lot. I'd say 15-20K and no more.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    2014 C63 AMG
    "At 105k this M3 was thoroughly modified with BMW Evolution Factory High Performance parts"

30 grand?

Yea, ok.

My Cars
    94 525iA E34 M50
    At that price I do not think he will be selling that anytime soon
    Oxford Green Metallic with Dove Grey Interior.
    Mods: 5000k Apexcone HID's, blackout kidneys, window tint, 16x7 BMW style 30's, Goodyear Assurance Triple. Bilstein Shocks Touring Edition installed.

Computer and Console repair technician

My Cars
    e36, e46, e70, e92
    I've seen it in real life. Pretty clean but my first instinct was "uhh, that's not a real evo". It's got the exterior and engine bits but interior is way off. It definitely didn't start its life as an evo. One of my friends even stopped and talked to him (an older guy) and found some more out about it. Clean but definitely not original (and thus the price is nowhere near justified).

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Yep, like a clone of a Yenko Camaro is worth a lot, but it's nowhere near what a real one would cost.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Stock e36 View Post
    I've seen it in real life. Pretty clean but my first instinct was "uhh, that's not a real evo". It's got the exterior and engine bits but interior is way off. It definitely didn't start its life as an evo. One of my friends even stopped and talked to him (an older guy) and found some more out about it. Clean but definitely not original (and thus the price is nowhere near justified).
    Haha the guy must be in his 80's. I was next to him in my E30 one day and he was just letting that thing scream. So cool.

My Cars
    99 Z3 M

If I had the money I would take that off the lot at any time of the day

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    the whole point of buying e30 m3's is putting s50/52's in them

My Cars
    04 M3, 15 GTI
    Or LS_'s

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by getfast View Post
    Or LS_'s
    nah those are what 318ti's are for

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    It might be worth more than half the asking price. I'll give them that.

My Cars
    e34 525iT 5-Speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Stock e36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw325e30 View Post
    Haha the guy must be in his 80's. I was next to him in my E30 one day and he was just letting that thing scream. So cool.
    Yeah that was me, he is pretty cool old guy. He saw me outside his house checking the car over when I was in my old e30. He popped the hood, showed the motor told me it was a 2.5L evo motor. Guy had to be at least in his 70s. But agreed, 30k+ is way over what he should be asking. Very cool car though. We should find him and get a test drive.....

1992 525i Touring 5-Speed

My Cars
    Various junk
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    Yep, like a clone of a Yenko Camaro is worth a lot, but it's nowhere near what a real one would cost.
    That's a great analogy! It probably doesn't have every last bit of Evo3 parts on it anyway. I'd say a fair market value if the guy wants to sell the car right now is 16-17K or so. It's a miley 2.5L.

Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    the whole point of buying e30 m3's is putting s50/52's in them
    Quote Originally Posted by getfast View Post
    Or LS_'s
    NOES! The whole point of buying an e30 m3 is to take them up to 7500 rpm and not experiencing hydraulic lifter pump up. Because there are no lifters to pump up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast