Harrison Motorsports

Thread: FOR SALE: 1997 540i/6 sport with 69,000 original miles, 2 owner car, Beautiful!

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D

FOR SALE: 1997 540i/6 sport with 69,000 original miles, 2 owner car, Beautiful!

1997 BMW 540i
    6-speed manual transmisson
    Alpine white over tan interior
    2 owner, southern car
    69,xxx original miles!
    Tons of records/reciepts
    100% original paint with ZERO spots of touch paint
    Dinan S2 software
    Dinan Carbon Fiber C/A intake system
    Supersprint aftermarket headers
    Aftermarket exhaust system
    OEM 540 17" sport wheels
    Newer Fulda tires
    15% tinted windows

Exterior:
    The paint on this car is absolutly amazing! 100% original paint with no touch up, and it looks incredible. The Alpine White is such a classy color for these cars. As I looked the car over with a fine toothed comb, I honestly only came out with 3 flaws in the paint. Number 1 being a very small rock chip right between the front grills, which is hardly noticeable. Number 2 being a small nick on the rear passenger side door, and Number 3 being a few scratches on the bottom of the passenger side rear bumper. These flaws could be fixed very easily, but since they do not stick out like a sore thumb, its better to have a 100% original car. The car could use a good detail, but is still very clean nonetheless. Paint feels very smooth, and is very deep with great luster. The front airdam has a tiny crack, but is still lined up correctly and is not noticed unless you know its there and to look for it. The wheels are in good shape. One of them has a few spots from where the clearcoat is coming off, but they could be flawless with a little work. The tires were bought new in July 2007 and have not been driven on much at all since then. Notice a little bit of condensation in the left fog light as well.

Interior:
    The interior of this vehicle is in wonderful shape as well. I wouldnt be suprised if the rear seats havent been sat in more than 5 times through the life of the car. All the seats are in incredible shape and show no signs of wear and tear. The headliner does not sag at all, and the carpets and floormats are very very clean. The car has about 2 issues with the interior. The first of the set would be the infamous gauge cluster...As this is a common problem its probally not too surprising to hear about. The odometer has the dimming lights in the cluster. You can still make out mileage, but its not clear as it should be. The radio has no dimming lights, so its only the gauge cluster that needs attention. The 2nd issue with the interior would be the woodgrain on the passenger side. It has started to unglue from the dash. Its not too great of an issue, but Im trying to be honest. There is maybe 1/2 inch of gap between the dash and the trim. Again, its not an eye sore and could be fixed very easily. The radio does work, but has a bit of distortion at higher volumes. I am amazed at how well kept the car has been. The trim is just about flawless, other than the previous issue as I stated before. No cracking at all. You can tell this car was babied and very well taken care of.

Drivetrain/Motor:
    The car has new rotors and pads that were replaced at 65,000 miles. The car stops on a dime as it should. The motor in these cars are amazing! The car pulls very hard and is pretty quick. They are great highway monsters. The motor runs very smooth and has always been well maintained. The dinan intake and software make it a little more peppy, while the headers/exhaust give it a nice growl. The exhaust is very quiet around town, but when you stand on the throttle it really comes alive! The car has tons of records/reciepts. The radiator was replaced with an OEM unit back in late 2004. Also a new slave cylinder was installed right at 66,000 miles. The clutch feels very solid as well. From what I was told, this was a 3rd car for the first owner and a 2nd car for the second owner which is why the mileage is so low. The car rides very well and handles like it should. One issue with the motor, again its a common one, is the paint on the block is starting to thin and chip off. About 75% of the other V8's I have seen have had this problem as well. Nothing major, just purely cosmetic.

Overall:
    Overall this is one of the nicest 1997 540's you will see. These lower mileage examples dont come up for sale too often. It is pretty much as close to mint condition as you can get for the year. I have a current(and clean) carfax on the vehicle that I can email to interested parties. The description on this car is dead on and the new buyer can expect ZERO surprises. I can assist the buyer in shipping/delivery. Im willing to drive the car as long as you pay for gas/hotel if needed.

Priced at $13,750 obo. I am flexible on price.

Josh K
    Last edited by 325i Vert; 03-25-2008 at 04:38 PM.

My Cars
    '97 328i
    I give you dolla!

I keed. Nice car. My brother is interested in a 540 manny. I'll pass this on.
    Fourteen seconds after turning in my lease car: "Well...these last three years are pretty much pointless now."

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D
    I give you dolla!

I keed. Nice car. My brother is interested in a 540 manny. I'll pass this on.
    One dolla make you holla. I can meet anyone from ATL halfway if they would like to check out the car. Let me know what he says. Thanks!

Josh K

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D
    New pics added to original post here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=939073

Josh K

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    My old man needs this bad.

And i want to work on a 540

and drive one
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    17 330i Touring M-sport
    Trade you...

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D
    Monday bumpage...

Josh K

My Cars
    240sx
    i am really interested in this i am just waiting for the insurance company to give me my check for my old car... i will let you know when i am ready and know something and we can meet up i live in Atlanta

also do you have anymore pics of the engine bay and the trunk area and maybe one of the dash (speedometer area)

thanks
    Last edited by djQ; 02-26-2008 at 12:28 AM.

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D
    Car is on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:L:LCA:MT:11

If it doesnt sell on eBay, the car will be at 4ngiefest on April 5th for anyone to look at.

Josh K

My Cars
    66 250se Coupe, 76 300D
    bump and price drop to $13,250.

Josh K