Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hella Euro's arrive but bad news !!!

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbi4u View Post
    All jokes aside, If im going to spend 900 bucks on headlights , its sure as hell aint going to be from Umnitza.
    Why not? If they're Hella's they're Hellas no?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdawg View Post
    Live the Yuppie life, drive the Yuppie car, pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, but like to pose as a Yuppie? Pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    99 540i Cosmos Blk/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by mookish View Post
    Why not? If they're Hella's they're Hellas no?
    I believe hes talking about the cs. I could be wrong however
    1999 540iA Cosmos Black: Pdc / Dsp / Heated Seats / Shades / Xenons

My Cars
    M3 M5 X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by mookish View Post
    Maybe it's just me. Can you explain what that damage prevents you from doing? Does it hamper the install? Can you see it after installing it? If no to both, then I'd just keep them and get a deal on something else or a refund on shipping or something. That's just how I am. If yes to any, then fine, get another pair. I bought depo's to begin with so yes $900 is a pretty penny.

youre right; its definitely not the principle of the matter... or the fact that you spent 900 on lights that come damaged...

if its not a big deal why wont the vendor take them back then?

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Damm and I was looking to buying a set from them... Sucks that now I have to look for another vendor..

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
    youre right; its definitely not the principle of the matter... or the fact that you spent 900 on lights that come damaged...

if its not a big deal why wont the vendor take them back then?
    Umnitza has a pretty good record round here. I'm sure they'd take them back or work out some other form of compensation. I'm just saying that "If" you can make them work. Is it worth it to re-package (not that there's a lot of that to do) and ship the box back and then wait again for another shipment? Although I don't pay $900 I still paid with hard earned money but I didn't feel like shipping it back waiting again and then who knows what the second set would look like? So since it was minor, I made it work.

Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    I agree definately don't install them, you paid $900 and it was damaged that is totally unacceptable. You can buy used hella's for cheaper that are damaged. Send it back and make them return your money and then just buy from another vendor.

Junaid

My Cars
    95 M3
    Well, they decided to treat me right and replace the headlight. Thanks for everyones help.

Gumbi...sorry...headlights no longer for sale

My Cars
    2000 528i (01/2000 mfg. date)
    Quote Originally Posted by cisc0tek View Post

The vendor I purchased them from wont replace them and said I have to file a claim with the carrier. That could take all year. Do you guys think the damage would be noticable once on the car? Should I glue it ?
    Do you mean to say that the lights came as pictured without any bubble wrap, rolled up newsprint, styrofoam, or any other packing material? If so, that's just asking for damage. Hellas come in a big double-decker yellow box strapped to a cardboard support with a bunch of bubble wrap. I don't know why they wouldn't come like that in your case:

My Cars
    E39 540i
    It's good they came through. They almost lost my business. Also, why aren't they in authentic Hella packaging? That seems a little shady...

My Cars
    95 M3
    Correct....they came in that same box but there was zero packaging material in that box.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Well, they decided to treat me right and replace the headlight. Thanks for everyones help.

Yea!!!!! (or "Yay" for some of you).

My Cars
    1998 528i

I knew they would make you whole. But just out of curosity, did you ask them about the packaging? Like what the hell happened?

My Cars
    M3 M5 X5M
    good to hear, case closed... however for future referance any and all vendors should take the precautionary measures to avoid a situation like this... id rather pay up front for a lil extra packing supplies than risk being bashed on the boards and losing business.

My Cars
    88M3-89M3-91MTech-98528i
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJackel View Post
    It's good they came through. They almost lost my business. Also, why aren't they in authentic Hella packaging? That seems a little shady...

The original hella boxes are huge and have cardboard inserts. Shipping both of them inside an even larger box is very expensive. I got my lights from Abrahams Motorsport this way but at least we didn't have to worry about damage from shipping.

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gumbi4u View Post
    How much did you pay for them. I will take them off your hands if you dont want them in that "state". Your claim with UPs should take about 2 months TOPS! It all depends if they rule it in your favor. Tha packaging is piss poor. The SHIPPER is pretty much responsible. All he had to do was stick some korean newspapers or foamy popcorn and all would be well.

When i got my Depo covers from ebay they sent me a bunch of Korean newspaper with sex ad's on it...
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    '04 X5 4.4i, others
    There's no *way* i'd pack stuff like that. I just sold a relatively cheap ($350) pair of Euro E-codes for a volvo. They were wrapped, packed in newspaper, and then double boxed. And shipped with full insurance. I mean, jesus. Come on. These things aren't cheap. and if i spend the equivalent of a mortgage payment on headlights (900), new ones - I'd expect them to be perfect. And packaged appropriately.

I like a lot of Uminitza's stuff...but the stories about this vendor in this forum have and will continue to avoid purchasing things from them.

It seems there's a legitimate complaint every few weeks...and usually it gets resolved, but for someone specializing in parts for "the ultimate driving machine" and to a subset that is obviously concerned with, and focused on their cars - they simply haven't stepped up to the plate.

Demand what's rightfully yours. A complete, brand new, perfect pair of headlights. Your dollars are no easier to come by than theirs.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I just paid $40 to package just one of them correctly to ship the bad one back to them. The orignal hella box was stuffed and placed in another box that was stuffed. I serisouly doubt they will reimburse me for the 'extra' cost to properly package them.

My Cars
    2002, 528i, LS430, RX330
    Is umnitza getting too big too fast? Cutting corners? That's a poorly shipped product...I'm sure Matt will agree.

OP,
    did you call umnitza? IMO, it's their fault and they should replace the lights...

My Cars
    E39 540i
    I just paid $40 to package just one of them correctly to ship the bad one back to them. The orignal hella box was stuffed and placed in another box that was stuffed. I serisouly doubt they will reimburse me for the 'extra' cost to properly package them.
    They didn't offer to send you a prepaid shipping sticker? I would be pissed if I had to literally pay for a company's mistake. Sounds like the guys over at Umnitza don't care about their customers very much....

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    There's an algorithm to Umnitza's appearance on this forum, when there's a noob with old halogen amber cornered lights looking to buy something newer, Umnitza will be all over the thread for days trying to convince him to get some P39s. 2 pages into this thread and it's a no-show
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    2005 Alpine White 525i
    To the OP:

I had virtually identical damage to my P39's. I received them from another member on this board that claims they came damaged that way from Umnitza.

I used superglue to piece it back together and it worked perfectly.

My Cars
    e39
    That packaging is a joke. I cannot believe a company would send out a product that way.
    Life's difficult, and being stupid makes it more difficult.

My Cars
    2010 VW CC DSG Sport
    That's got to be the worst shipping ever. I bought my Hellas from Eurosport Design, for about $300 cheaper and they were brand new in Hella boxes. I had P39's and when one of mine was damaged during shipping, I was sent a "new" one that had a broken clip. You can buy broken clip Hellas on fleabay for around $500.
    APR Stage 1 Tuned, APR Stage 1 intake

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by Black528i View Post
    That's got to be the worst shipping ever. I bought my Hellas from Eurosport Design, for about $300 cheaper and they were brand new in Hella boxes. I had P39's and when one of mine was damaged during shipping, I was sent a "new" one that had a broken clip. You can buy broken clip Hellas on fleabay for around $500.
    pair of xenon hellas for $600??
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    E90 330i, E36 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Orxan4ik View Post
    pair of xenon hellas for $600??
    No, his are Halogans.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    Hocus pocus make it in focus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast