Thread: Has anyone put in a United Auto Security alarm??

My Cars
    BMW 318is

Has anyone put in a United Auto Security alarm??

I saw this alarm system by United Auto Security and like the intergrated alarm fob and key. The comfort locking feature (auto window roll-up when locking) also sounds useful.

http://www.unitedautosecurity.com/product.aspx?cat_id=3

I am curious to know if anyone had used one of their alarms and if there have been any problems. Was the installation a straight forward DIY project or did you get the system installed? Is the quality good?

My car is not pre-wired for a BMW alarm, but I believe they also have a system for such cars.

They offer two key systems. I do like to idea of not having a separate alarm remote.

small_BMWRT105_09_2006_T_34.jpg

small_NewRemote10305_09_2006_T_32.jpg

My Cars
    96 Bmw 328is
    that looks tiight

if you get it tell me how it works out for you

My Cars
    1993 325i
    I looked into that system quite a bit and the only info on this board that I came across was someone who said the flip key fell apart in a month. I think the key looks awesome but I ended up going with a $50 "bulldog" system that I bought from O'reilly Auto on a whim and it is great. It was literally a 4 wire hookup (my car is prewired) and the BMW info on their site is great.
    www.bulldogsecurity.com

It is just keyless entry, no alarm.....but it was exactly what I needed, and cheap.

My Cars
    BMW 318is
    Thanks for the feedback. Would also be nice to hear from someone who has first hand experience.

My Cars
    M3's = Sold..for now
    I purchased one and installed it a few weeks ago. My car was pre-wired and the install was very simple and straight-forward. I'm not sure how it would be for a car that is not pre-wired, but I would recommend giving them a call. I talked to them a few times and always had great customer service.

My Cars
    BMW 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by m.dystynkt.m View Post
    I purchased one and installed it a few weeks ago. My car was pre-wired and the install was very simple and straight-forward. I'm not sure how it would be for a car that is not pre-wired, but I would recommend giving them a call. I talked to them a few times and always had great customer service.
    Did you get the remote that flips out? If so, are you happy with the quality of that remote? Did you get any of the add ons - such as remote boot opening??

I have been in touch and they have a system for cars that are not pre-wired.

My Cars
    97 m3
    I just bought their "new style key" keyless entry and alarm 2 weeks ago. Install was very easy. Alarm works well. The key seems fine so far, I did have to put a dab of superglue to hold the key tighter(it wiggled a little bit). However, I think that is only because of the goober who cut the key. I took it to someone local which obviously was a mistake. They are "cheaper" than oem, but work fine, and you can replace the center button with a bmw roundel. But, back to the alarm, I would reccomend it.

A few things that I was looking for in it-
    -The alarm sets when you lock the doors with the keyless remote
    -The alarm turns off when you unlock the doors with the keyless remote
    -The alarm does not set by itself (if your working on your car, you do not have to keep turning the alarm off to open the doors)
    -Has a silent lock, unlock feature-and still flashes parking lights

-Kevin

My Cars
    M3's = Sold..for now
    Quote Originally Posted by jarozila View Post
    Did you get the remote that flips out? If so, are you happy with the quality of that remote? Did you get any of the add ons - such as remote boot opening??

I have been in touch and they have a system for cars that are not pre-wired.
    No I got the e46 style key because it was on sale at the time. And no I did not get any of the add-ons.

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Quote Originally Posted by koconnell View Post
    I just bought their "new style key" keyless entry and alarm 2 weeks ago. Install was very easy. Alarm works well. The key seems fine so far, I did have to put a dab of superglue to hold the key tighter(it wiggled a little bit). However, I think that is only because of the goober who cut the key. I took it to someone local which obviously was a mistake. They are "cheaper" than oem, but work fine, and you can replace the center button with a bmw roundel. But, back to the alarm, I would reccomend it.

A few things that I was looking for in it-
    -The alarm sets when you lock the doors with the keyless remote
    -The alarm turns off when you unlock the doors with the keyless remote
    -The alarm does not set by itself (if your working on your car, you do not have to keep turning the alarm off to open the doors)
    -Has a silent lock, unlock feature-and still flashes parking lights

-Kevin
    This is good information! I think mine's pre-wired as it has the little red flashing button by the sunglass holder cubby. Also, when I bought the car the PO gave me the original remotes but the internals were damaged/broken.. I was hoping it only needed a battery.

Anyway, I'll be looking in this system as I like the "Diamond Key" option. I would only get the keyless entry and hope the alarm horn still installed in the car, will work in conjunction with it..
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    BMW 318is
    Thanks for the feedback m.dystynkt.m and koconnell - just what I was looking for.

I take it that DIY installations is not too hard to do? Are the instructions pretty straight forward??

What range have you got to activate the alarm - is the range enough to find the car in a large car park?

My Cars
    1993 740i
    I've had the keyless entry module (no alarm) from United Auto Security on my pre-wired '96 328i for about 2 months now. I have the folding keys and love them, no quality issues at all.

My favorite feature by far is the incredible range that the remote has. My old aftermarket unit only worked from about 15 feet, this thing works from inside my house with the car parked in the driveway or from all the way across the parking lot.

I also found a place that has Roundels for both style keys which really make the key look OE: Emblem City

Two thumbs up for United Auto Security!
    Last edited by gregeast; 02-14-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Typos

My Cars
    1996 328is
    sorry to dig up an old thread, but i wanted to give a warning...

I bought a keyless system for my son for his e36 for christmas (his first car , he turned 16 the following month in jan). Without letting me know anything they held the order. they needed a copy of my registration and a pic of the key ( bought the flip out key option). there was nothing letting me know this.

Just before christmas i called and was told what was happening, and i asked them to ship with the blank keys, they said i could send the blanks back later and get them cut. this way i would have them by christmas to give to my son.

They kept not shipping, and finally had to ship it priority in order for me to get it last minute... it was cut very close...

BUT i got it and all was well.... we installed the system and everything worked great.

In Feb, i talked to i assume the owner (same guy answers both tech and sales lines every time) and asked about upgrading to their "comfort features" that roll up windows, close sunroof etc. He said no problem, just send the entire unit back with the keys and they would cut the keys and upgrade the system. I agreed on the additional cost and sent everything in....

it took about 6 weeks to get the unit back. i called and could not get anyone on any of thier lines, left several messages. I finally got the owner and after several conversations and delays we finally got the unit back at EASTER...

we installed the unit and everything worked great (remember this unit is totally plug and play, it simply plugs into the factory harness). we left and stayed out on the boat for the weekend. When we returned the keyless would not work.

We called and left over 10 messages and heard nothing. I finally got the owner and he walked me through doing a reset. it was totally dead, and he said he would send one right out.. this was in april...

i have sent multiple emails and left multiple message since then and have had 0 response...

i have been more than reasonable and understanding about the delays, etc. but they have not gone radio silent.

so beware.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I placed an order with them earlier this week. I ended up with two order numbers and have since emailed them twice and tried calling a few times. No response so far.