Thread: I finally have my Dinan Supercharged M Coupe up for Sale on Ebay

My Cars
    GT40R Turbo M Coupe, 71 Datsun VG30 510 "AKASmurf"

I finally have my Dinan Supercharged M Coupe up for Sale on Ebay

I finally got around to putting up my Dinan Coupe up for sale.

This car was a keeper and I was about to put over $20,000 into the chassis, FI, suspension, etc, but I ended up picking up Omar Sezers "OZ3M Coupe".

The car is a blast to drive as I admit Blowing a s52 does have some merits. First owner was a lady real estate broker in San Francisco Bay area, Second owner was a Sean Connery Look alike with an eclectic collection of cars and this was his "grocery getter", also in the Bay area. When I purchased the car from him I asked him if he sought out a FI coupe, he said no, I was looking for something that was in great condition. Very meticulous guy. Then me, here in utah, I had only put 1800 miles on the car here in utah (not counting the 850 trip out here).

I just dropped the price today $2000 to $21,900. I seem to be getting more questions and interest now (as of 2/16/2008)

As we all know the Dinan FI stuff is way overpriced. I paid $23,900 (I just dropped the price $2000) for the car almost 2 years ago. The wheels and tires were about $3000 (tires are like new Yokohama Advans Ad07's!!!). Check it out here on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...192640266&rd=1

Let me know what you guys think what the market value is, and what I should be reasonablly expect to get for it. The car will sell. PM me if you have any interest, or call me at 801-310-8170 also, Greg.
    Last edited by jonesmechanical; 02-16-2008 at 06:49 PM.

My Cars
    1994 prelude vtec, 2000 M coupe
    ^Wish you would have sold in Oct. when i was looking.

I would have bought it no questions asked. unless someone wants to pay what I paid for mine

Good price and good luck with the sale
    "I'm a ricer because I have z3 fenders"

My Cars
    00 M roadster, 98 SVT Contour, 04 Sienna, 08 C300

stock suspension?

The ride height is really high, is it on a stock suspension?
    dion
    '00 M roadster, modded
    '98 SVT Contour, lots of mods
    '04 Sienna XLE LTD AWD
    '08 MB C300 Sport, P1, 18's
    Tamiya TA05, Evolution IV MS, CR-01
    Kyosho MP777 SP2
    Losi BK2 and MRC
    Traxxas Slash, hopped-up.
    newest toy is the Tamiya TRF801XT

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    Yeah it looks higher than stock.

My Cars
    Steep driveway and pull the e-brake and the ass end goes sky high. All stock suspension. Also I store the car on my lift, and drove it directly to my house to take pics (only 1 mile away), I know it takes a bit for the suspension to settle out.

You probably want to change descripition of the the supercharger from powerdyne to vortech. Powerdynes are highly undersirable and it may give the impression you don't know what you are selling.

My Cars
    I do know what I am selling. Its a earlier Dinan Powerdyne, listing it as a Vortech would be misleading, unethical, and would most certainly mean that in fact I have no idea what I own. I was tempted to not list what type of dinan blower it was, but where does that get me? The system has been reliable for over 60K miles, what more would one want. I admit, once you wan't to step up the boost its no good at all, thats why I was going turbo on that car. Its a great setup for what it is.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 Coupe
    Its nice that you are giving an accurate an honest opinion. I wish that were the case with more used car sellers. 60k seems like a proven track record to me.

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    I read the previous posts, but still, talk about getting lifted! Have you ensured your rear springs reseated after drooping the suspension for extended periods? When did storing the car in the air become a storage method.

Good luck with sale! Sweet looking coupe.
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black

My Cars
    If you are leaving your car sitting for an extended period of time it has always been they way to store a car. (jack stands or what ever lifts it at the engineered points.) In my case, it also solves a space issue I have. It works out great because the car I drive least is out of the way all of the time.

My Cars
    M Coupe, etc......
    Hope someone snags this from the board, would be nice to keep it in the family!!
    BMW E36, the new Honda Civic of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesmechanical View Post
    I do know what I am selling. Its a earlier Dinan Powerdyne, listing it as a Vortech would be misleading, unethical, and would most certainly mean that in fact I have no idea what I own. I was tempted to not list what type of dinan blower it was, but where does that get me? The system has been reliable for over 60K miles, what more would one want. I admit, once you wan't to step up the boost its no good at all, thats why I was going turbo on that car. Its a great setup for what it is.

I certainly wasn't telling you to misslead anyone. The pictures you posted looked identical to my old dinan vortech kit.

I'd be really interested to see what model of powerdyne charger your kit uses, could you perhaps take a picture of the tag on the charger?

My Cars
    Props to 96cosmosm3, you were spot on, I don't know why I remembered it was a powerdyne. Over a year ago I bailed on the idea of extracting more power from that setup, I must just be getting old.

Between you and another forum member mentioning it, I just had to check for sure, and you guys were right, its a vortech. I think a better unit from the research I remember doing over a year ago. Thanks Guys.

96cosmosm3 owns me, but on the way down to the shop I caught 3 guys on 600 bikes (all different brands but all less than a year old) and owned them. They got a big kick out of it. We rolled on from 35 to 90 and at 18 lbs of boost I had about a car length on them all. Remember guys before you flame me, we are at 4500 ft of elevation.

My Cars
    Just dropped the price to $21,900.

My Cars
    just dropped the price to $20,900. Any takers????????

My Cars
    E36/7, E46
    Mileage on the blower? That's getting to be a damn good deal BTW...
    Last edited by rtav; 02-21-2008 at 10:09 PM.