Thread: Towing car from Austin to Dallas?

My Cars
    95 M3/2

Towing car from Austin to Dallas?

Anyone know a good way to get my car from Austin to Dallas by towing it? Is there anywhere that allows you to rent a flatbed to transport a car? If so please let me know the place. I'm in Dallas right now looking to go pick up my car in Austin and bring it back here to have it worked on.

TIA,
    Spencer

My Cars
    yes

Wink

if you have access to a pickup just rent a car hauler from uhaul. or you could rent a truck there too i guess. from college station to austin tow companies wanted over $600 the uhaul setup (truck and trailer) was $250, or bring it to us at SoulSpeed and drive it back!

My Cars
    E92 M3 / E46 M3
    whats wrong with it?
    My other car is ///Ford Focus

My Cars
    95 M3/2
    Master Cylinder is shot and RTabs are shot as well. I would bring it to a shop in Austin but I already have a shop here in Dallas that I'm comfortable with and I got a buddy of mine that works there.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just pay a company that would drive it from Austin to Dallas for me? If that even exist.

I'm asking buddies of mine that have a pickup truck so I can just rent the flatbed from Uhaul to do it, but if I can't find anyone than this is the only alternative I could think of.

My Cars
    E92 M3 / E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer325 View Post
    Master Cylinder is shot and RTabs are shot as well. I would bring it to a shop in Austin but I already have a shop here in Dallas that I'm comfortable with and I got a buddy of mine that works there.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just pay a company that would drive it from Austin to Dallas for me? If that even exist.

I'm asking buddies of mine that have a pickup truck so I can just rent the flatbed from Uhaul to do it, but if I can't find anyone than this is the only alternative I could think of.
    i understand that you're comfortable with Eurosport, but dont you think you'd save money and time by taking it to a shop in Austin vs. taking it back Dallas? in my opinion its just dumb do tow a car for 250 miles to do something that virtually any shop could do.
    My other car is ///Ford Focus

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    get it fixed in austin, imagine the gas you'll save.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    Mazda Tribute 1000whp
    Quote Originally Posted by russiamutha View Post
    i understand that you're comfortable with Eurosport, but dont you think you'd save money and time by taking it to a shop in Austin vs. taking it back Dallas? in my opinion its just dumb do tow a car for 250 miles to do something that virtually any shop could do.
    Keep in mind russian, what other shop is fckn pimp?

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperw4 View Post
    if you have access to a pickup just rent a car hauler from uhaul. or you could rent a truck there too i guess. from college station to austin tow companies wanted over $600 the uhaul setup (truck and trailer) was $250, or bring it to us at SoulSpeed and drive it back!
    I would do that. Soulspeed gets great recommendations from almost everyone I have heard from, and a master cyclinder and rtabs aren't rocket science by any means.
    my .02

My Cars
    88 M3, 99 528iT, 96 328i
    I agree that the repairs are simple enough that can be done at basically any shop. However, if you still want to tow from Austin to Dallas, you can try renting a SUV for the day. The Chevy Trailblazer comes with a towing package from the factory, so make sure that is what you get. Then rent the flatbed from your local U-Haul and you are in business.
    By the time you add the time, rental fees and gas, you should realize that it is better to do it in Austin.
    HTH

My Cars
    All of them.
    Terry Sayther, Black Forest, Performance Automotive, you pick. Austin has some decent shops.

My Cars
    95 M3/2
    Oh well the only reason I would consider towing it is if I had a truck and I can rent a flatbed from Uhaul for only 50 bucks... As for saving the GAS that's the main reason I would just tow it back because I'm living here and if I have it repaired in Austin I have to drive back out to get it anyways.

I know the repairs are nothing major