Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: floor mats (Anyone use aftermarket brands?)

My Cars
    2008 335i Coupe

floor mats (Anyone use aftermarket brands?)

Did anyone buy 3rd party all weather floor mats? BMW mats are on backorder so looking for a 3rd party recommendation. Has anyone used Hex-o-Mats?
    2008 335i Coupe

My Cars
    Honda Pilot, BMW 335i
    I plan on getting a set of BMW all weather mats one day, but for now I got a set of thick black all weather mats from Wal-mart for about $30. With a little cutting, they fit perfectly. I always get black, since black hides scuffs dirt best. Black also matches the 3 series interior, since they use black for the dash and steering wheel. That's my suggestion.

You can also find the BMW mats at on-line sites. Look around.
    '07 335i Sedan, JB1, Step, Black Sapphire on black, walnut, sport, premium, heated seats, 15% tint

My Cars
    2007 328XI, '05 Lexu
    I chose the Europa All Season floor mats from

http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/

Click on motoring accessories, floor mats, scroll down to page three. They also sell the rubber, industrial looking (at least imo) type. They are custom fit, hold a lot of moisture and look pretty good in the car.

Gary

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    If you live somewhere where you drive the car in snow/slushy conditions and esp. if you tend to carry passengers, I strongly advise you get rubber mats, at least to put in the winter season. The water and salt stains will ruin your carpeting very quickly otherwise. I leave my rubber mats all year long since they don't bother me. I have BMW OEM ones that have a raised lip on the edges which I found to be great as they prevent the water from seeping onto the carpet and messing things up. The carpet on my old e36 looked terrible because I didn't have a similar setup and salt stains are almost impossible to remove.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    07 335i TitSil/ZSP/ZPP/iPod/HD/Log7/Navi
    BMW all weather for me, as they were thrown in the deal with some other stuff. They are nice, avoid all the musty odors that come from carpeted floor mats, simple to clean with water.

My Cars
    2008 328i
    ive seen clear mats that you put over the regular ones. Does anyone know where to get these?

My Cars
    '05 W211 E55, '08 E61 535xi
    I got it from here....
    http://bmw.dealerfit.com/store/bmw-3...t1389_1412.php

Doesn't appear to be OOS... and at least for my E61, the mats appear to be OEM.

My Cars
    E90 330i
    I got my set from Bavarian Autosport

Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt

My Cars
    335x1

Floor Mats

I took delivery on a day just after it snowed(Reno, NV.). Roads were a mess.
    The dealer threw in a set of BMW OEM winter mats. They are just fine. The rears don't quite fit just right, but are suitable. The fronts fit fine.
    Recommended!

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Quote Originally Posted by eggbone View Post
    I took delivery on a day just after it snowed(Reno, NV.). Roads were a mess.
    The dealer threw in a set of BMW OEM winter mats. They are just fine. The rears don't quite fit just right, but are suitable. The fronts fit fine.
    Recommended!
    You probably already checked, but just in case, make sure they are not on the wrong side. The left doesn't fit well on the right side and vice versa.
    Congrats.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    06 BMW 750i, 06 Acura TL
    Quote Originally Posted by mryakan View Post
    You probably already checked, but just in case, make sure they are not on the wrong side. The left doesn't fit well on the right side and vice versa.
    Congrats.
    Weird, I wouldn't have expected a different size for the rear mats. Thanks for the tip.
    06 750i E65 (CPO), Titanium Silver/Black Leather, Packages: Convenience, Luxury Seating, Premium Sound and Rear Entertainment, Heated Steering Wheel, Comfort Access and Sirius

Sold: 07 E90 335i (shouldn't have gotten the sports seats)

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownIrish View Post
    Weird, I wouldn't have expected a different size for the rear mats. Thanks for the tip.
    Not different size, just different shape. If you look closely, you'll see what I mean. If you put them face to face (instead of stacked) then they'll match 100%.
    (more pictures here)

My Cars
    2008 335i Coupe
    I have BMW OEM ones that have a raised lip on the edges which I found to be great as they prevent the water from seeping onto the carpet and messing things up.
    The all weathers I have now on my Honda have a raised lip. I went with Hex-o-mat which have lots of small cups that hold water throughout the mat. It says it will hold 6 to 8 cups of water but will know pretty soon if it works.
    2008 335i Coupe

My Cars
    335x1

Better fit

Thanks, mryakan.
    The are slightly different and do fit much better in the other configuration, though not perfect due to the bar that holds the seatbelt to the floor. No big deal.

My Cars
    135i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy7 View Post
    Did anyone buy 3rd party all weather floor mats? BMW mats are on backorder so looking for a 3rd party recommendation. Has anyone used Hex-o-Mats?
    I got the hex o mats about a month ago for my car and so far they seem to be working pretty well. There are two minor issues though. First, they have a real strong rubber smell which makes the inside of your car smell like you hit a skunk the night before (this goes away after a coupel of weeks, or maybe I just don't notice it anymore). Second, the driver's mat tends to slide around a bit even though it has the little rubber gripper things on the bottom (I do have a manual car so I think it makes it worse with all the shifting). I have this same problem with the regular BMW mats though even with the velcro on the back of them.
    2010 135i Coupe
    Montego Blue, black leather, glacier aluminum trim
    M-Sport package
    6-speed manual
    BMW Performance parts: exhaust, suspension, short-shift kit, carbon fiber spoiler, black grills, stripe kit

My Cars
    '07 328 Sedan

What about a trunk liner for an E90?

First post here. Just saw the string on floor mats and thought I would jump right in.

Recently did a Euro AND Performance Center delivery. Carpeted mats came with the car, but now looking for trunk liner. Would like something made of rubber as opposed to plastic, but all recommendations are welcome. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Quote Originally Posted by tjo View Post
    First post here. Just saw the string on floor mats and thought I would jump right in.

Recently did a Euro AND Performance Center delivery. Carpeted mats came with the car, but now looking for trunk liner. Would like something made of rubber as opposed to plastic, but all recommendations are welcome. Any suggestions?
    I have the BMW plastic one, fits nicely and works great. Any particular reason you want rubber?
    (more pictures here)

My Cars
    '06 997 '08 335i coupe
    Why you want to go with the hex o mat instead of the OEM all weather mat? Should the OEM fit better in all regard?

My Cars
    '07 328 Sedan
    I have the BMW plastic one, fits nicely and works great. Any particular reason you want rubber?
    My experience has been that scratches show more easily in plastic and sometimes the plastic will warp with high heat. I'll take a look at the BMW version. Where would I find a photo/order site on the web?

Cheers

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    My experience has been that scratches show more easily in plastic and sometimes the plastic will warp with high heat. I'll take a look at the BMW version. Where would I find a photo/order site on the web?

Cheers
    Not sure, I got it from my dealer after asking they throw it in for free since they messed up a little on my delivery. Let me know if you want I'll take a picture of mine and post it. I am not sure why you'd worry about scratched to a mat! It does warp a little maybe, but that is not a biggie AFAIAC.
    (more pictures here)

My Cars
    '07 328 Sedan
    Not sure, I got it from my dealer after asking they throw it in for free since they messed up a little on my delivery. Let me know if you want I'll take a picture of mine and post it. I am not sure why you'd worry about scratched to a mat! It does warp a little maybe, but that is not a biggie AFAIAC.

A photo would be much appreciated!

I recently sold a '05 Volvo 960 wagon which had a plastic mat. After 12 years, the mat (tray/liner?) looked like hell. I guess that I'm just particular about these things.

Cheers,

My Cars
    '06 997 '08 335i coupe
    The hex o mat is O.K.. I have it on my carrera. The only reason I got them was no OEM offer. Again, they do move around a little.

My Cars
    '07 328 Sedan
    A photo would be much appreciated!

I recently sold a '05 Volvo 960 wagon which had a plastic mat. After 12 years, the mat (tray/liner?) looked like hell. I guess that I'm just particular about these things.

Cheers,
    Sorry, meant to say a '95 Volvo 960....it's a new century isn't it?

My Cars
    2008 335i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenNg View Post
    Why you want to go with the hex o mat instead of the OEM all weather mat? Should the OEM fit better in all regard?
    The hex-o-mat are cut to fit the BMW (assuming their claim is true) so should fit as well as OEM. Weathertech for example are not custom fit to a make/model. They have 80 designs and use the one that mostly closely fits your make/model.

BMW all weather black mats are on back order and did not want to wait.
    2008 335i Coupe

My Cars
    '06 997 '08 335i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy7 View Post
    The hex-o-mat are cut to fit the BMW (assuming their claim is true) so should fit as well as OEM. Weathertech for example are not custom fit to a make/model. They have 80 designs and use the one that mostly closely fits your make/model.

BMW all weather black mats are on back order and did not want to wait.
    Carguy7, trust me because I have one for my Carrera C2. Yes, they are custom cut. However, they still move around a bit. I have not try the BMW OEM yet. However, I would think it should fit better. I will pick up my car next week with the all weather mat as part of the due. If you want, I can report back on it's fitment compare to the hex o mat. I belive the hex o mat will be a little bit cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast