Thread: MRR GT-1 rims... defects in clear coat

My Cars

MRR GT-1 rims... defects in clear coat

I have had my MRR GT-1 rims for quite-a-while now and love them. But, recently I started to notice small areas where the clear coat seems to be missing. Strange thing is, it's the same on all of the wheels...see photos.

NOTE: I have NOT hit anything to cause the damage.

I've contacting Carlos at MRR and heard back a few times from them asking for photos. I'm hoping they're determining what it could be, probably a manufacture defect.

I was wondering if anyone else has these similar marks on their MRR rims?

BTW: Please excuse the dirty nature of the car.. no time to wash her before those photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Pull n Release
    NOt too bad. How long have you had them?

Another FP5241 Creation
    Parting out M54 Engine. Intake and all. Cats avail as well. PM ME!

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Looks like normal wear and tear. Curbs aren't the only things you have to worry about, just like rocks attack your front end, they somtimes out flank you and hit up your wheels too.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdawg View Post
    Live the Yuppie life, drive the Yuppie car, pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, but like to pose as a Yuppie? Pay the Yuppie price.
    Don't live the Yuppie life, don't make the Yuppie income, but like the Yuppie car? Be quiet and learn to get your hands dirty.

My Cars
    01' 530i
    can we see a whole shot of the car?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840ci
    Quote Originally Posted by mookish View Post
    Looks like normal wear and tear. Curbs aren't the only things you have to worry about, just like rocks attack your front end, they somtimes out flank you and hit up your wheels too.
    Yup, I agree. Sometimes rocks just pop out from trucks and mess up the face/lip of the wheels. But from the looks of it, nothing came contact with the wheel. Its down to the bare metal so from clear coat, paint, then metal. Looks like a finish issue.
    Last edited by Raff; 02-04-2008 at 05:22 PM.

My Cars
    E30ic, E39 M5
    Looks like you need to have a conversation with whomever mounted your tires. Marks like that on all 4 would suggest to me that some hamfisted installer smacked your wheels with a tire mounting tool or something similar.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats | MTech2 wheel | Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003

2000 E39 M5 | Stoptech brakes | Refinished OEM wheels w/10mm spacers | Powerchips Gold 91 | Timmay Tips/muffler delete | Functional brake ducts | DICE MB1500 Slimm diffuser | Cubic black trim w/alcantara boots

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by VacMan View Post
    Looks like you need to have a conversation with whomever mounted your tires. Marks like that on all 4 would suggest to me that some hamfisted installer smacked your wheels with a tire mounting tool or something similar.
    You would think so and you bring up a good point.. but this is my 2nd set of these rims due to Discount Tire ruining the first set.. so since then I've watched them VERY closely each time they work on my car.

1BADBM, here are some photos per your request
    Attached Images Attached Images