Thread: Fifth Gear: BMW E92 M3 vs. MB C63 AMG (M3 WINS AGAIN!!!)

My Cars
    BMW

Fifth Gear: BMW E92 M3 vs. MB C63 AMG (M3 WINS AGAIN!!!)

Hey guys,

Check this video out,

Fifth Gear: BMW E92 M3 vs. MB C63 AMG :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOqLMHzBtk

The BMW M3 won again. YES! :P

My Cars
    2001 325Ci ZSP
    Surprise Surprise

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Why does Tiff Needell annoy me so much? Great driver,but he always sounds like he needs a lozenge or something.

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    great show, the bmw is far superior, as are its drivers always.

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Tiff Needle is the man best car show host ever.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, 02 325iT
    nice, I loved the power slides

328 part out http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1433861
    BMW CCA# 386330 Nittany Bimmers Chapter

My Cars
    '14 Focus
    saw this right after it came out....I'm starting to question my liking for Top Gear. I've only just begun to realize its overly proud british attitude and bias
    BF.C OT Lego Club #58

My Cars
    850csi SOLD, reno, beemer, husky
    Quote Originally Posted by ct22 View Post
    saw this right after it came out....I'm starting to question my liking for Top Gear. I've only just begun to realize its overly proud british attitude and bias
    i love Top Gear, but i watch the show strictly for entertainment - you should do the same

My Cars
    three twenty slow, a
    This show is so boring compared to top gear.

-Serge

My Cars
    '14 Focus
    oh i'm sure that's why i continue to watch it...can't really take them seriously all the time. This is the same reason why the U.S. version may fail....loses the point of the show
    BF.C OT Lego Club #58

My Cars
    99 M3 cpe;15 Avalon Ltd.
    That Mercedes is a beast in straight aways, but the M3 proves to be all around. Slightly slower in the straights, but more than makes up for it on a track. I wonder how they would do from say a 90-160 roll? The new E63 is supposedly quicker off the line than the M5, but the M5 pulls it up top. The Benz has that big tq advantage.

It all depends on driver style as to which car is better. If you want to sit in luxury and not have to do more than put it in drive and punch it, then the C63 is the car. If you love putting in the extra effort and involvement of a driver's car, then the M3 is for you. To each their own, you won't go wrong with either.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    just watched top gear compared to 5th gear, and i like top gear to much, not as serious but still hits the major points of the cars.
    You dont like norcal?
    hater

My Cars
    three twenty slow, a
    5th gear is basically a european car and driver tv show IMO. I guess Im more a of a entertainment seeker.

-Serge

My Cars
    Accordian 6-6
    Doesn't matter who beat who, just like JC said, and it's a valid point, both cars are brilliant.
    Editor-In-Chief: www.egmcartech.com
    RIP W124

My Cars
    850csi SOLD, reno, beemer, husky
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinny4290 View Post
    Doesn't matter who beat who, just like JC said, and it's a valid point, both cars are brilliant.
    uhmm..... yeah it does matter

My Cars
    BMW
    At least Top Gear is honest about car's performance, unlike the stupid japanese show Best Motoring.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Top Gear isn't a car show. It's a show with a few guys who are car nuts that make pretty videos and are normal opinionated people and have no issue with sharing them. Their background is mostly journalism. They measure car values against flying squirrels and kids on bikes. It's entertainment, no educational.

5th Gear is a car show that reviews and measures cars. Opinions are backed up with hard data and features people that have a history with racing.

That being said, Top Gear is one of the most interesting and enjoyable series I've ever watched.

Is my helmet big enough?

My Cars
    '06 STi
    I just watch both? Im a HUGE topgear fan, but, only because it is what it is. Its funny, the bias doesn't bother me because i know its a british tv show. I love the fact that they are just average joes, who are car guys, and they discuss the same press read out info that every other car show, website, and magazine discusses.

I enjoy the entertaining shows (polar special in HD? that was awesome) and I enjoy the ones that are just info. Ive been watching it since season 1, and I will continue to do so.

I also like fifth gear, just not as much. But I will continue to watch it just like topgear, plus they take up the time in between eachother.

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorWerkz View Post
    At least Top Gear is honest about car's performance, unlike the stupid japanese show Best Motoring.
    agreed top gear and 5th gear, while a little biased are great entetainment and at least offer some good insights into what's good about every car.

Best motoring is such a joke they take a ten year old nsx and it'll beat down a new f430 scuderia at the track. I've never seen such terrible bias towards one country's own cars in my life.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    99 M3 cpe;15 Avalon Ltd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmani View Post
    agreed top gear and 5th gear, while a little biased are great entetainment and at least offer some good insights into what's good about every car.

Best motoring is such a joke they take a ten year old nsx and it'll beat down a new f430 scuderia at the track. I've never seen such terrible bias towards one country's own cars in my life.
    It's funny you mention that because on the Japanese shows you find on youtube, you never see any Japanese car lose...ever! Fastest around a lap, fastest 1/4 mile... I love stock skylines, but let's face it, a stock 996 Turbo is faster (except on their show of course).

My Cars
    BMW Street Carver
    Quote Originally Posted by abradic View Post
    It's funny you mention that because on the Japanese shows you find on youtube, you never see any Japanese car lose...ever! Fastest around a lap, fastest 1/4 mile... I love stock skylines, but let's face it, a stock 996 Turbo is faster (except on their show of course).
    what you expect, it hard to set a good lap time when you can barely touch the pedal.

i kidd.....i kidd.....

My Cars
    95 M3
    That merc looks like a mazda.

My Cars
    E36 BMW M3
    Top gear is great for entertainment, but not for the truth.

1998 BMW M3/4 | Koni Adjustable | H&R Race | X-Brace | Bosch Ellipsoids | DDE Lightning Titanium CWP | XTEC 5000K HID | Conforti CAI | Remus Racing Exhaust | MaxVelocity GTR Lip | 18" Black AC Schnitzer Type II | Brembo Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech SS Brakelines | Nakamichi CD-300 | Tang Band Subs | Focal Polyglass | 2 x MB Quart RAA2400 | Project Technik.com
    M3 SEDAN CLUB #31