Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E9x FAQ & Useful Threads (READ ME before posting a question)

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Q: How do you reset a service item (oil, brakes)

A:

Quote Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
    Step 1
    Insert key into slot
    Step 2
    Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.
    Step 3
    Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odo. button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. I f you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot the runway and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.
    Step 4
    You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.
    Step 5
    When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and hey presto, its done
    Step 6
    You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330I E90 N52
    Quote Originally Posted by E92!Dreier View Post
    Q: Why doesn't my passenger side mirror tilt down when I go in reverse?

A: The feature is NOT standard on all models-- however if you have it, you have to have the selector switch on the driver's door control panel set to the left (driver's side mirror) for it to work.
    Mine DOES, so I have the opposite question. Why does it do that?

My Cars
    2007 328i E92
    It tilts down so you can see the curb that you don't want to hit with your wheels when parking.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i Convertibl
    I want to change the differential fluid in my car. The car has 60,000 miles and I'm a second owner. I tend to change all fluids when I buy a used vehicle.
    How do I verify the type of differential in my 2008 335i convertible, six speed with sport suspension?
    Look! Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328i 6MT
    Helps when backing up and stuff. Keep switch in right position to stop it from tilting.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i E90 N52B30
    How do I follow a thread if I don’t write on it?

My Cars
    '08 Acura TL Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlequerica View Post
    You have to write (or "post" in internet forum language) something. Usually people post simply one word: "Subscribed".

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    Here's a necessary tool for all of us BMW guys, a competent scan tool. Here's my review of four different ones all under $100

https://youtu.be/yxuWEJx1GiE

My Cars
    '08 335Xk, '15 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlequerica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC928 View Post
    You have to write (or "post" in internet forum language) something. Usually people post simply one word: "Subscribed".
    I always wondered why people would post "subscribed" - you can also actually subscribe to the thread by clicking the "Thread Tools" dropdown at the Top Right, just above the first post on the page - and on that dropdown is "Subscribe"

My Cars
    BMW

Basically at a loss & cant figure it out.

I drive a 2008 328xi. It has 153k miles on it, ever since I’ve bought it I’ve had so many issues with it. I had the MAF sensor replaced, Vanos solenoids, Coils, Spark Plugs, 2 vacuum leaks fixed, the oil pan gasket replaced, valve cover replaced, oil filter housing, and I can’t even think of what else. Anyways, my car is still idling really rough, continues to stall when at red lights, it’s throwing codes for a misfire in cylinder 4,5,& 6. & code p1415. Any idea why or what this could be.

My Cars
    18 BMW X5, 09 335i dinan
    Hi, I am new to the forum- I did try to find a solution to my problem & didn't.
    All the sudden now, after a few hours of my post going online- it some reason doesn't show my post.
    Only part of it & when I click "see more" it takes me to the posting and it's all blank.
    Also says something about using google chrome?? Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    it is online now, for newbies the socalled spam-o-matic software holds the post back till a moderator manually approves the post, this can take some time. After you have made 10 posts, you will see the post immy.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    18 BMW X5, 09 335i dinan
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    it is online now, for newbies the socalled spam-o-matic software holds the post back till a moderator manually approves the post, this can take some time. After you have made 10 posts, you will see the post immy.

Thank You!

My Cars
    '86 M635/'10 Clubman
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
    Hi, I am new to the forum- I did try to find a solution to my problem & didn't.
    All the sudden now, after a few hours of my post going online- it some reason doesn't show my post.
    Only part of it & when I click "see more" it takes me to the posting and it's all blank.
    Also says something about using google chrome?? Thanks for your help.
    It's a combination of your being a new member and the ibb.com links, which set off the spam-meter. Please stop using ibb.com and use regular links and a photo-hosting site (other than imgur, unfortunately).

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi sedan
    Both of these links did not help with finding acronyms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123