Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally get to order my new M3 tomorrow...

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3

I finally get to order my new M3 tomorrow...

My name came up on the waiting list today.

White/black/carbon with technology and premium package.

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." - Ayn Rand

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I'm so torn... I don't know if I should go through with mine or wait for a Tii. The sedan aspect of the M3 through does have major selling points.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    SOLD - BIG BLUE NOW
    lucky

┌∩┐^_^┌∩┐

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I'm so torn... I don't know if I should go through with mine or wait for a Tii. The sedan aspect of the M3 through does have major selling points.
    I know the feeling about being torn. I am breaking my rule of never buying a first-year engine.

I am also not 100% convinced that the Tii will actually come here....or if the pricing will be appropriate...

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." - Ayn Rand

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Bill View Post
    I know the feeling about being torn. I am breaking my rule of never buying a first-year engine.

I am also not 100% convinced that the Tii will actually come here....or if the pricing will be appropriate...
    Yeah, I know... the last thing I want to get into is the importing of parts for the Tii a la like the CSL days. Too much work.

The M3 sedan would be perfect, I'm just wary about driving a such a monster to work every day. Rumors of 13mpg would necessitate of daily stop at the gas station.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3

The M3 sedan would be perfect, I'm just wary about driving a such a monster to work every day. Rumors of 13mpg would necessitate of daily stop at the gas station.
    I don't get much better than 13 in my current M3.

My truck actually gets better gas mileage...I wonder why.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Wow... I was getting 19-20 in my old M3, I only get between 17-19 in the M Roadster... I'm guessing due to aerodynamic drag. If I do a tank with the top down, I'm down in the 15-17 range. If I drive on the highway with the top down... forget it, it is like somebody poked a hole in the gas tank.

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Wow... I was getting 19-20 in my old M3, I only get between 17-19 in the M Roadster... I'm guessing due to aerodynamic drag. If I do a tank with the top down, I'm down in the 15-17 range. If I drive on the highway with the top down... forget it, it is like somebody poked a hole in the gas tank.
    I only really drive in the city on my commute, no highways. And I accelerate quickly at every light. Bad habit that I can't seem to break.

My Cars
    135i
    I only really drive in the city on my commute, no highways. And I accelerate quickly at every light. Bad habit that I can't seem to break.
    At least you don't accelerate quickly on a runway and fail to stop, crashing into an oak tree. That would be a slightly worse habit.
    E82 135i: Alpine white on black leather; ZSP; ZCW; iPod/USB
    Previous Bimmers owned (from last to first): E46 M3, E34 540i/6, E30 325iS, E34 525i, E30 318i

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoes View Post
    At least you don't accelerate quickly on a runway and fail to stop, crashing into an oak tree. That would be a slightly worse habit.
    Easy habit to break, however.

My Cars
    135i
    Easy habit to break, however.
    Absolutely. Quite literally, I might add.
    E82 135i: Alpine white on black leather; ZSP; ZCW; iPod/USB
    Previous Bimmers owned (from last to first): E46 M3, E34 540i/6, E30 325iS, E34 525i, E30 318i

My Cars
    2006 325i
    My name came up on the waiting list today.

White/black/carbon with technology and premium package.

So when is it due to be released? When are you expecting to have yours delivered?
    2006 E90 325i sedan, titanium silver w/black int, premium package, xenon package, cold weather package, and most recently purchased, 18" style 162 wheels!!!
    My first bimmer!!!!

Other cars:
    2003 MB C240(traded)
    1993 Honda Del Sol(sold)
    1992 Acura Integra(totaled)
    1998 Lincoln Navigator(sold)
    1992 Honda Civic(sold)
    1993 Honda Civic(stolen)
    1997 Honda Civic(totaled)
    1992 Honda Civic(sold)
    1995 Honda Accord(friend totaled it)

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by E90sedan View Post
    So when is it due to be released? When are you expecting to have yours delivered?
    Late-April. I will have a date tomorrow when it gets in the computer.

My Cars
    '08 M3 Coupe; '06 ML
    Quote Originally Posted by E90sedan View Post
    Mine is at production status 112 now. Should be released for production (status 150) any time. Hopefully I'll have it not long after the March 8 US Launch date. I was tempted to wait for the M-DCT tranny, but am going ahead with the manual.
    Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon

2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir Orange full leather
    2012 ML350 - Alpine White

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    Absolutely. Quite literally, I might add.
    i lol'd

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Yesterday, I saw either a fantastic (read perfect) 2008 M3 conversion, or a genuine '08 M3 in NE Cobb County, GA. It was mystic blue, 2dr, with the M3 grills, badges, and quad exhaust. I tried to briefly follow, but a traffic light caught me. I was driving my mystic blue '04 M3, and really wanted to get a pic of the 2 cars together. Anyway, it was very close to my home, so I might catch this car out again.....

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by kellcats521 View Post
    Yesterday, I saw either a fantastic (read perfect) 2008 M3 conversion, or a genuine '08 M3 in NE Cobb County, GA. It was mystic blue, 2dr, with the M3 grills, badges, and quad exhaust. I tried to briefly follow, but a traffic light caught me. I was driving my mystic blue '04 M3, and really wanted to get a pic of the 2 cars together. Anyway, it was very close to my home, so I might catch this car out again.....
    Mystic Blue isn't a color option for the new M3's.

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Saw another one today - silver 4dr., also in NE Cobb county, Atlanta area. Two now in 2 days, both definately '08 M3s. Something is happening with these cars here. I have a project related to the redevelopment of the Nalley BMW dealership in Decatur - the GM had indicated in Dec. that they would not be here until April. I may have to see if he knows anything different.

My Cars
    997 carrera
    Pretty sure you got my dream colors on that car. I bet it's going to be an amazing ride.

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Saw another one today - silver 4dr., also in NE Cobb county, Atlanta area. Two now in 2 days, both definately '08 M3s. Something is happening with these cars here. I have a project related to the redevelopment of the Nalley BMW dealership in Decatur - the GM had indicated in Dec. that they would not be here until April. I may have to see if he knows anything different.
    I ordered mine from Nalley yesterday. He still said that the first delivery will be the first week of April. I was their 3rd order, and my delivery date is April 20.

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    There are a number of them around the factory in SC. The ones you see are manufacturer cars.
    It's not speed that kills, it's the speed difference that does. Obviously you aren't going fast enough.

Turning Benjamins into noise since 1997

I read a list of the 100 things you MUST do before you die. Funny, "Yelling 'HELP'" didn't make the list!

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
    There are a number of them around the factory in SC. The ones you see are manufacturer cars.
    Makes sense, since the factory is so close, there prob manufacturer cars not at all meant for sale, but who knows.
    2006 E90 325i sedan, titanium silver w/black int, premium package, xenon package, cold weather package, and most recently purchased, 18" style 162 wheels!!!
    My first bimmer!!!!

Other cars:
    2003 MB C240(traded)
    1993 Honda Del Sol(sold)
    1992 Acura Integra(totaled)
    1998 Lincoln Navigator(sold)
    1992 Honda Civic(sold)
    1993 Honda Civic(stolen)
    1997 Honda Civic(totaled)
    1992 Honda Civic(sold)
    1995 Honda Accord(friend totaled it)

My Cars
    04 M3
    lol
    I don't like the kit on the F430 (disgusting) but i wanted a picture of it in a wind tunnel

My Cars
    15 Alfa 4C, 17 M3
    Finally got a production date: March 12.

My Cars
    '98 M3 Vert, '06 Nissan Maxima SE
    Finally got a production date: March 12.

Now, if only you could go watch your baby being born...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast