Thread: How hard to remove gauges?

My Cars
    '97 328i

How hard to remove gauges?

A bulb burned out behind my fuel gauge.

How hard is it to remove the instrument cluster and replace the bulb? Do I have to remove the steering wheel? Should I just live with it?

Thanks.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    if you have tilt is might be super easy for you, if not it is not a big deal. This is how I got it out from a 92 325i with "no tilt"

1. Unscrew the top 2 screws
    2. push the lower right corner of the cluster inside, you will see the top left corner will pop out.
    3. Slowly wiggle the cluster out towards you, once it reaches the endge of your mounting dash tilt the face down.
    4. You should have easy access for the 3 wire harnesses, there should be little plastic handle on each harness to unhook them, push the plastic rim down then raise the harness handle up then it will slide out smoothly,

Now the trick park to get it out, unlock your steering wheel then slowly slide the cluster to the right while turning the steering wheel to the right at the same time you are sliding out the cluster, "watch for your stereo knob/controls" . The replace it with a 1.2W bulb, you r done!