Thread: BMW repair shop Ft. Lauderdale

My Cars
    97 540i

BMW repair shop Ft. Lauderdale

Hello all.
    I am looking for recommendation for a good repair shop for my '97 540i in the Ft. Lauderdale area. I need the heads rebuilt at the very least, possibly a total engine rebuild. The car is smoking heavily on startup, but seems to get a little better once driven a bit but still smokes when engine is under load.
    If you know a good shop (or can warn me about a shop to avoid) I would like to hear from you.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Redline BMW probably is your best bet. That or maybe Ultimate Euro.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    90 325IC, 15 435i coupe
    Based on the south FL repair shop thread (very first parked item in this forum), I took my '90 325i convertible to Peter Brolman at German Auto in Pompano. He still has the car, but so far he's helped me diagnose the immediate attention items in my eBay purchase, which arrived by truck from the seller in MA last week.

My car was leaking oil and coolant, and there is no record of the timing belt being replaced (the car is at 117K on the odometer). He's doing the timing belt, new water pump (source of the coolant leak), new oil pan and valve cover gaskets, new shocks for the front struts, plus basic maintenance items: change oil and filter, new coolant, flush brake lines, adjust valves.

Peter is courteous and professional, the shop is clean (only spotted BMWs there but for a lone Mercedes), and he gave me a prompt and, to me, fair estimate. Whenever he's said he'll call me, he has lived up to that. I'll let you know how the results turn out when I get the car back later in the week.

But you might want to talk to him, 954-781-9510. The shop is in a small industrial park just north of the blimp base off Dixie Highway in Pompano.

I was going to post a hyperlink to a Yahoo map to his shop, but I'm a new member, you know the drill, no hyperlinks allowed...it's 3401 NE 6th Terrace in Pompano, 33064, you can Google it.

Don

My Cars
    96 BMW 328i
    Check out redline bmw. Bring a 6pack of Coors Light with you and theyll work with you on the price.. Ask me how i know
    "When tolerance becomes a one way street, it leads to cultural suicide."

My Cars
    C6 Z06, F250 Harley
    I vote Redline bmw too. Great bunch of guys and they are competitive in the pricing.
    2010 F250 Harley Edition
    2007 Z06- Current Addiction
    2003 M3- Sold
    2005 R1- Sold
    2004 CTS- Sold
    2002 Lightning-Sold

My Cars
    1990 535, 1987 325is

German Autos - Pompano Beach

I use Peter at German Autos in Pompano Beach.....I have tried all the rest, trust me, Peter is the King! Take it other places and get quotes. Peter will most likely be less expensive and do the job right the first time. He is really the last true mechanic on the planet (or at least in the state of Florida). He can be reached at 954-781-9510.

My Cars
    E38
    hello we are a new shop in coral springs. we are located at 10910 wiles rd coral springs fl, 33065. Owned and operated by bmw tech. we have factory trained tech and factory equipment. our rate is 90 per hour. call 954 344 2297

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Redline Performance BMW also gets a thumbs up from me. Hourly rate is roughly almost 100/hr... but the mechanics are great and will work until your car is right. Rennie is the owner and easy to talk to... They're all known for working on older and newer Bimmers. Lots of experience here...

My Cars
    328i coupe

Broward Bimmers

I recomend broward bimmers exelent work no complains. This is a new shop owned and operated by bmw tech. they work by the book. BMW SERVICE AND REPAIR ONLY. NO TIRES OR ALIGMENT. (954)344-2297

My Cars
    90 325IC, 15 435i coupe
    I promised an update on my experience with German Auto in Pompano. I got my car back last Friday, and my early good impressions held up. Peter went beyond my expectations in service and below my expectations in price. If you can find another BMW-certified mechanic who does meticulous work for $80 an hour, share it with us...otherwise, the trek up to Pompano was sure worth it! Thanks for the tip, Bimmer Freaks.

Dpm

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i Sedan
    I live in west palm, any one know a good bmw mechanic up here? or should i come down to pompano? thanks

My Cars
    97 Estoril M3
    Rennie @ Redline FTW, fair, honest and knows his BMW's

My Cars
    1990 535, 1987 325is
    PGillPro,

Take it to Peter @ German Auto's in Pompano (954)781-9510.....I have owned BMW's for the last 10 years and I have gone to just about everybody in the Southest, and by far Peter is the best mechanic down here.

FtL Don,

Glad to hear that you had a good experience with Peter. He is really a great mechanic and a great person.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i Sedan
    thanks for the advice, been having the worst time trying to figure out this whistle noise on my e46 so hope peter can solve it!

My Cars
    BMW 323I E46
    U should call Alfredo. He is the best in town. clean shop. only BMW'S. factory equipment and factory trained tech's. (954)344-2297, (754)368-2940

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525i
    I had some recent experience with Alfredo over at Broward Bimmers. He was able to diagnose and repair a problem that BMW Ft. Lauderdale gave up on. I can only say positive things about this place.

My Cars
    Multiple BMW's over the years
    +1 for Redline
    Rennie and crew have helped me out numerous times- often on short notice. I have had nothing but good experiences there on my E34 535i/5, E39 528i/5 ,and E39 540i/6. The shop is run and staffed by BMW entheusiasts and for me that makes all the diference in the world as they want your car to run perfectly as badly as you do, as opposed to collecting a fee for service performed. It makes a difference...

My Cars
    96 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by ashirji View Post
    +1 for Redline
    Rennie and crew have helped me out numerous times- often on short notice. I have had nothing but good experiences there on my E34 535i/5, E39 528i/5 ,and E39 540i/6. The shop is run and staffed by BMW entheusiasts and for me that makes all the diference in the world as they want your car to run perfectly as badly as you do, as opposed to collecting a fee for service performed. It makes a difference...
    Awwww. That makes me feel good.

My Cars
    2003 ZHP and 1999 M3
    I want to put in a good review for Redline BMW Repair. They even repaired my drivers door lock in about 15 minutes. Serge was the tech that worked on the car. I also had a good conversation about living in Santa Barbara with Pete.

An other shop quoted me the same job $200 for the part and another $100 in labor.

I will be back to Redline for all my repair work. Thanks guys.

My Cars
    96 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmd1 View Post
    I want to put in a good review for Redline BMW Repair. They even repaired my drivers door lock in about 15 minutes. Serge was the tech that worked on the car. I also had a good conversation about living in Santa Barbara with Pete.

An other shop quoted me the same job $200 for the part and another $100 in labor.

I will be back to Redline for all my repair work. Thanks guys.
    Was great meeting you, man! I expect to see that car back for Inspection2

My Cars
    2003 745 I

Wink 745 service

Call bob at bmw by prestigious at 954-779-1000 great to deal with.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Just went through an excellent experience with Foreign Affairs Motorsport.

http://foreignaffairsmotorsports.com/
    1935 NW 40th Ct, Pompano Beach, FL 33064
    (954) 746-0488

Ask for Bob or Bobby, tell them Manny Gomez sent you.

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny G. View Post
    Just went through an excellent experience with Foreign Affairs Motorsport.

http://foreignaffairsmotorsports.com/
    1935 NW 40th Ct, Pompano Beach, FL 33064
    (954) 746-0488

Ask for Bob or Bobby, tell them Manny Gomez sent you.
    I can second this... they are good people there.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2008 740il
    If you havent tried out The BMW AutoNerd then you just have not had an experience like I had .2007 BMW 335i with bad ELV and CAS module . They gave me both parts from the dealer at cost and charged me $85 an hour . I had my car in miami at a bmw recommended shop and they couldnt even scan the car but told me after 2 weeks that they had it down to 2 bad modules but couldnt be 100% sure . So arrive at The BMW Autonerd on 53 mile tow from miami no less. In 5 minutes they hooked up something called BMW Explorer and were talking to all the modules on my car without the ignition being on since it had a bad ELV and CAS module. I paid $1000 for the parts and 8 hours labor @ $85 an hour and my car is fixed finally. The ELV only came with a new column so that was a bit more than expected but these guys didnt seem to struggle at all with this and they were pretty darn confident which helped my nerves a bit as my funds were drying up. Thank you to the guys at the BMW Autonerd. I just loved the name , thought it was pretty cool.
    Last edited by schultzs911; 06-28-2017 at 01:06 PM.