RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 03 bmw z4 3.0 wont start, battery is good???

My Cars
    2003 bmw z4 3.0 roadster

03 bmw z4 3.0 wont start, battery is good???

I just got the car on thursday. it started fine 3--4 times (as many as i drove it for the day) On friday morning it started fine and after i turned it off it would not start. It only clicks once, sounds like coming from solenoid but im not sure. i called the bmw shop and they said they have NEVER replaced a starter on these cars. I am able to push it off and all works fine but it wont start with the ignition. Any suggestions??? fuse? short? PLease advise

My Cars
    2003 bmw z4 3.0 roadster

Help!!!

Please help with the above question. i also bought a new battery and still did not solve the problem

My Cars
    99 M Coupe,04 K1200rs
    Does it click everytime you turn the key? Try tapping the starter motor hard while key is turned, if it cranks then you need a starter.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Probably should check the fuses and the electrical connections at the starter. It sounds like the starter is not getting enough current.
    Steve
    2001 530i/5 S+P CDV delete/Akebono ceramic pads/M5 SSK/RedLine MTL/M5 rear sway bar
    BMWCCA Member #337964

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Ahhh, buying the battery sometimes isn't enough. Sometimes you have to actually install the battery for it to fix your problem.

Check your connections, make sure you can't wiggle the cables on the terminals. Get a long ratchet exetnsion and give the starter a rap while someone else holds the key. If it starts, then the starter is your problem. But starters really aren't big trouble makers in BMW's.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    1995 525i, 2007 328xi, 84 rabbit GTI turbo
    its pretty difficult to access the starter on that motor. so i dont think tapping it is going to be possible. get it to a shop.
    There's a height beyond skyscrapers, there's a distance beyond the freeway.
    Certified BMW Level 1 Technician
    2000 540 Wagon (sold), 1995 740i (sold), 1984 Rabbit GTI Turbo,2007 328xi,1997 318ti (sold),1995 525i
    I no longer live in Vegas, that was a dumb pick on the username