Thread: Help! Need a Indy shop in the Richmond area

My Cars
    1999 528i

Help! Need a Indy shop in the Richmond area

Hey everyone,
    I'm not usually on the regional area but I'm usually on the e39 area. I had some crazy problems with my car and I'm here at Richmond for school and my Indy mechanic is at Virginia Beach. My car has some problems where it has a crazy lag. I mean it takes 15 seconds to get from 2k rpm to 3k... the other day I was at a light and everything was Ok. I went to accelerate and the car died. It started happening everytime I come to a stop and try to accelerate. So I basically had to go all the way back home without stopping . I need the car to get back and forth from school and my place here but I can live with it being gone for a week. I didn't know a shop around here so I called BMW and they're charging $110 just to check the codes then $110 every hour it takes to diagnose it. Who knows how long that'll take + the actual fixing of the car. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot

My Cars
    E36
    Grady Goodman at BM&V Mobile Imports. Hes just outside of Richmond. Hes the only guy I would take my car to; good guy, good prices, great work.

Heres his info:

8136B Mechanicsville Tnpk.
    Mechanicsville, VA 23111
    (804) 559-1919

My Cars
    1999 528i
    Wow thanks a lot for that. My place is actually right off of Mechanicsville Tnpk...so even if the car doesn't make it, I can probably push it haha...thats why I needed the car bad cause I have a 15 minute commute to VCU everyday. Should I mention your name to him before I go there?

My Cars
    04 M3, 15 GTI
    +1 for Grady. He has done E30 and E36 stuff for me in the past and I have never been disappointed by his quality of work (or prices for that matter.) Feel free to tell him Jon with the green M3 sedan sent you...

Jon
    "Power and speed solve many things." -Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    95 M3, 91 318is, 89 325i, 87 325i
    Grady is awesome. he used to work for my dad while back ago. i havent seen him in years i need to hit him up and see what he has been up to!

My Cars
    Lots.
    Can anyone confirm the above address for Grady Goodman is accurate? I just tried to mapquest it and it said it couldnt find the location. (I even took out the "B" and it still couldnt locate the address)

Thanks.
    915whp '98 M3 Sedan /// 37k Mile '95 M3

My Cars
    E36
    I haven't been by in a month or so, but I can't think of any reason that he would have moved. It's also in kind of an out of the way location, that could be the reason.

My Cars
    04 M3, 15 GTI
    That's the correct address as far as I know. It's real easy to find. There's a big Wachovia bank right where Old Mechanicsville Tnpk breaks off from 360 at the intersection with Elm Rd. Second? building up from the corner, pretty much directly across from the ATM on the side of that Wachovia, is a used car lot with an office that looks like it used to be someone's house. Grady is directly behind that, in a free-standing one story white building with one big garage door and a regular door next to it. If you see a bunch of BMW's and Volvos in the immediate vicinity, you've found the place.

Looks like that Wachovia's address is 8111 Mechanicsville Tnpk, Mechanicsville VA 23111 . Once you get there, you're only a couple hundred feet from Grady's shop.

Hope it helps,

Jon
    "Power and speed solve many things." -Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    Lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by getfast View Post
    Looks like that Wachovia's address is 8111 Mechanicsville Tnpk, Mechanicsville VA 23111 . Once you get there, you're only a couple hundred feet from Grady's shop.

Hope it helps,

Jon
    THanks to you both!
    915whp '98 M3 Sedan /// 37k Mile '95 M3