My Cars
    328, 325,

need help with new system

ok to start hu is a alpine 7998....

3 way front speaker crossfire sq5.0 and sx40

rear fill will be crossfire sx6.0

the front speakers will be running a crossfire vr404 amp

rear vr302

now my problems would it be better for me to tri amp the fronts and use a stereo 4 way crossover .... is a 18db/oct good or 24db better.... or just use the built in crossovers in the amp or use the filters built in the alpine.... the crossovers i may use is either u guessed it crossfire or audio control....

as for bass thats another issue its either i go 3 10's or 2 12's dont know what brand... maybe the element designs k series or the a's

for sub amp cf vr1000d

as for why i picked crossfire im getting a real nice deal on the stuff
    i used to have a whole rockford system now i wanna try something else...

any thoughts would really help
    328i ACS type-II body kit w/ 3 peice wing and roof spoiler,ACS sway bars, H&R springs and TypeIII 19"2peice wheels, ACS exhaust, umintza cromium. 2-tone interior,

325i Hartge wheels, H&R racesprings, bilstiens, Zender sides, umnitza thinline , m5 trunk lip, m-tech nose slotted.

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    I don't have any experience with the crossfire stuff. I know AudioControl is good stuff. A 24dB/octave crossover is better than 18dB/octave. If the amps are good ones, their internal crossovers are usually better than those in a deck. But, with the 7998, that may not be the case.

I'm taking a few vacation days to go to a DE, so I don't have access to the tech info at work.

Not much info, but maybe it helps.

Jay

From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

My Cars
    stuff
    crossfire amps are good...they do have a little higher distortion than others when discussing the classD but all the amps are actually pretty good...they outdo the rated specs in output power for sure...do not be discouraged by my comment on distortion...no human can hear these levels of distortion so they will sound as clean as brax or fosgate.....the rack mount crossfire stuff is mostly yamaha stuff used also by image dynamics but MUCH cheaper...most people are too snobbish to use the crossfire stuff but the products are sound....
    Kevin