Thread: Engine swap Upgrade

Cool Engine swap Upgrade

Hi guys and girls, well I have scrapped my plans to get a turbo in the hopes of keeping my car N/A. What kind of engine would you all suggest? I'm looking for A nice power gain but with day to day reliability. And I'm willing to spend about 8 grand. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Please help me on the road to better enjoying the ultimate driving machine!

92' 325IS m50 non Vanos

My Cars
    '99 323ti, '20 X5
    From what I've read, the motor to get is the Euro spec 3.2L M3 engine. Not sure how you'd get one in the states, though. You could try all sorts of wacky things like and M3 crank/rods in an M52 or M50 motor. If the original pistons worked, that should crank up the compression enough to get you some serious power. Although you might wind up needing to run 125 octane gas... Someone out there must know if this type of stuff can be done. The problem is that even used engines are expensive. That's why turbo/supercharging is the popular power upgrade. It's much cheaper than race-tuning a N/A engine. Good luck and have fun. Let us know what you come up with.
    -Bungy.

1999 323ti
    2005 530i 6-speed
    2020 X5
    2013 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2006 E55 AMG
    RMS and Bekkers have stroker motors that put out lotsa power. They'll cost you a small fortune though.

RENNtech 168mm Pulley and Tune | VRP Carbon Fiber Airbox | JP Shorty Headers | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | RENNtech Digital Lowering Module | 19" HRE 547R
    459 RWHP, 522 RWT

My Cars
    Blk '01 M3
    hehe...
    I say throw an e46 M3 motor in there...

THAT's My dream car right now (I'm sorry, I like the e36 bodystyle SO much more than the e46...)

-Scott
    05/92 BMW 325is
    Black/Black

AutoThority Chip
    5 spoke 17x7.5 Wheels
    235/40 17 KUHMO Ecsta 712s

more to come