Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery died and instrument cluster/OBC wont work

My Cars
    '76 BMW 2002, '04 BMW X5
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbmwx5 View Post
    After jumpstarting my 2002 X5 experienced conditions including:
    -Instrument Cluster Gauges Not Functioning, specifically Gas and RPM
    -Onboard Computer Display Not Functioning, No Odometer Display or any other LED lights at all.
    -Temperature Display reset to Celsius

Fixed all issues above by:

1. Turning car off
    2. Taking out fuses for Instrument Cluster - ON 2002 BMW X5 they were 1, 43, 45
    3. Turning ignition to position 2. You can try and crank it, but mine wouldn't turn over.
    4. Turn car off
    5. Reinsert fuses from step 2.
    6. All functions are reactivated.

Hope this might help LABMW740i or others that stumble across same issue.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I had to jumpstart my wife's 2004 BMW X5 3.0 this morning because a light was left on overnight and all the symptoms above were present after the car fired up. Sure enough, I pulled the 1, 43, & 45 fuse locations, followed the directions, and perfect! Good as new. Thanks again!
    1976 BMW 2002

My Cars
    2001 BMW 318 SE
    Hello folks. I've got a similar, although not identical, issue to what's been described in this thread and would appreciate some help.

I had a new battery fitted yesterday. My mechanic used a gizmo to keep electrical continuity in the car, so the radio didn't reset/lock, but when I drove away this happened:

https://youtu.be/yaWaFW26LWo

I actually filmed that a while later as when I pulled away from the garage and it happened I stopped and asked the mechanic what was up but he didn't know and we both shrugged it off. I hadn't turned the car off while doing this so drove away thinking it was working and all was well. When I started the car again later, exactly the same happened and this now happens every time I start. LOLWUT? The car drives fine, btw, better than it did on the old battery, too. But there's some real oddities going on in the dash... Also, the alarm when you open the door with the lights on no longer works. Any advice appreciated. 2001 318SE petrol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12