Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Touring Project Begins...

My Cars
    A Few With Roundels
    They're actually called subframe bushings!

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    lookin good man, cant wait to see that thing finished, kopi alpinas look great

what is the button on your hvac panel, where the rear defrost usually is?? hatch wipers?

also do you have any pics of the trunk itself? like the little compartments and whatnot? ive never seen a touring trunk except for a couple pics.

keep up the good restoration work

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Carufel View Post
    They're actually called subframe bushings!
    thanks, my buddy owen, who owns the shop where he lets me do work and is also a former BMW tech (8 or 10 years at BMW of Stratham) couldn't remember for the life of him what the damn things were technically called. It was kinda funny actually. All we knew was they needed to be replaced because the passenger side one didn't have the space it was supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post
    lookin good man, cant wait to see that thing finished, kopi alpinas look great

what is the button on your hvac panel, where the rear defrost usually is?? hatch wipers?

also do you have any pics of the trunk itself? like the little compartments and whatnot? ive never seen a touring trunk except for a couple pics.

keep up the good restoration work

thanks!

Button is for rear hatch wiper and rear hatch washer fluid.

I'll try to snap some pics of the bits and pieces of the trunk next time, but it'll be ready for show in a few weeks so you'll be able to see it for yourself real soon.

My Cars
    '09 M5 & '06 X5 4.8is
    I spy seats! When are you gonna install the wheels?

I want that radio...really badly.

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by kellie View Post
    I spy seats! When are you gonna install the wheels?

I want that radio...really badly.
    those are your old seats. waiting for a bolster cover, a bottom cover, and now two new back panels!

Wheels will be installed later this week. I ordered the wrong size tire, I ordered 215/40/17 and should have ordered 215/45/17 as there are WAY too many potholes here in NE.

Also my buddy's mouting machine is a little beat so I'm taking the rims and tires to BMW to mount, balance, and then do an alignment since who knows where one was done last.

Get the radio! Ebay FTW, they are AWESOME as an upgrade and still look stock!

My Cars
    325iS
    so how much does it weigh?

My Cars
    95 m3
    AAWWSSOOMMEE
    95 COSMOS /// EuroSport Intake /// 3.5 HFM ///24 lbs injectors /// Turner chip /// AA Trackpipe /// JB Lightweight flywheel /// UUC Short Shift Kit /// Ground Control Coilovers...

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzitIS View Post
    so how much does it weigh?
    sorry, try this...

Note: Made in West Germany. That's so cool. Some people on here are probably too young to remember the berlin wall coming down. But there was an east and west germany from the end of WWII to the end of the Cold war as symbolized by the fall of the wall.

Anyways... Here is the Vin tag located in the engine bay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NHskibm; 12-15-2008 at 02:21 PM.

My Cars
    '09 M5 & '06 X5 4.8is
    Quote Originally Posted by NHskibm View Post
    Get the radio! Ebay FTW, they are AWESOME as an upgrade and still look stock!
    Good call. I'm now watching an auction on one...and a purse. They're the same price. Hmm...which to choose?

My Cars
    A BMW
    Good call. I'm now watching an auction on one...and a purse. They're the same price. Hmm...which to choose?
    haha.

Well, here goes:

Purse - nothing wrong with getting a nice purse for yourself. My GF gets one a year from me so far and enjoys them immensely. However, after 6 mos - 1 year you'll want another one.

Radio - sure it's a radio for a car, and while you are a car lover we also well know you are uno chicka as well and purses are nice. However, this purchase will not become "old news" as you will enjoy it far longer than any purse.

Anyways, hope the auction went well! Let us know which direction you went in.

My Cars
    1986 325e, 1989 525i
    wow, no A/C? didnt see the button on the HVAC panel

My Cars
    A BMW
    nope, no a/c...

I pulled the information from BMW and options are:

210 ABS
    215 Power steeting, depending on engine speed
    219 Sport Leather Steering Wheel
    286 BMW LM Rad/BMW Styling
    300 Zentralverriegelung elektrisch
    314 Heated windscreen washer nozzles
    320 Model Designation, deletion
    400 sliding moonroof manual
    413 luggage compartment net
    423 floor mats, velour
    428 warning triangle
    510 headlight beam-throw contr. F low beam
    520 foglights
    529 microfilter
    556 exterior temperature display
    570 stronger electricity supply
    653 BMW bavaria C reverse II
    681 Dachantenne
    690 cassette holder
    801 germany version

My Cars
    too many bmws
    nice find.. a/c is overrated.
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    nope, no a/c...

I pulled the information from BMW and options are:

210 ABS
    215 Power steeting, depending on engine speed
    219 Sport Leather Steering Wheel
    286 BMW LM Rad/BMW Styling
    300 Zentralverriegelung elektrisch
    314 Heated windscreen washer nozzles
    320 Model Designation, deletion
    400 sliding moonroof manual
    413 luggage compartment net
    423 floor mats, velour
    428 warning triangle
    510 headlight beam-throw contr. F low beam
    520 foglights
    529 microfilter
    556 exterior temperature display
    570 stronger electricity supply
    653 BMW bavaria C reverse II
    681 Dachantenne
    690 cassette holder
    801 germany version

where did you get that information? wanna hook me up?

and what is 653? bavaria c reverse 2?

model designation deletion? you have to pay to have your emblem removed??

My Cars
    '09 M5 & '06 X5 4.8is
    haha.

Well, here goes:

Purse - nothing wrong with getting a nice purse for yourself. My GF gets one a year from me so far and enjoys them immensely. However, after 6 mos - 1 year you'll want another one.

Radio - sure it's a radio for a car, and while you are a car lover we also well know you are uno chicka as well and purses are nice. However, this purchase will not become "old news" as you will enjoy it far longer than any purse.

Anyways, hope the auction went well! Let us know which direction you went in.
    I like your breakdown, but...I went with the purse. I haven't EVER bought one for myself, and I never spend any money on things for myself that aren't car related, so I decided to take a break from the car thing and treat myself to something nice. It's pretty. I'm happy.

Davey, send me the last 7 of your VIN and I'll PM you the breakdown of your car's options.

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    pm sent thanks a ton kellie

using ebay to splurge yourself is awesome.........before i went "e30 parts" crazy, i used ebay a lot to build up quite a record collection. now i have around $10,000 worth of records, the oldest being from 1896!!

My Cars
    1986 325e, 1989 525i

THats the stereo that came in the car.

My Cars
    e30 M3, e39, Cappuccino
    I am jealous. That is all.

My Cars
    A BMW

yeah, fancy europeans and the model deletion

I like your breakdown, but...I went with the purse. I haven't EVER bought one for myself, and I never spend any money on things for myself that aren't car related, so I decided to take a break from the car thing and treat myself to something nice. It's pretty. I'm happy.

Davey, send me the last 7 of your VIN and I'll PM you the breakdown of your car's options.
    nothing wrong with a break from car stuff. after this touring is done I'll need one of those too!

congrats on the purse!

pm sent thanks a ton kellie

using ebay to splurge yourself is awesome.........before i went "e30 parts" crazy, i used ebay a lot to build up quite a record collection. now i have around $10,000 worth of records, the oldest being from 1896!!
    that's IMPRESSIVE. What are your top 5 favorite records?

(note: for those that haven't noticed I'm a tad ADD. Thus why I digress in my own thread)

Quote Originally Posted by I got it, Yes!! View Post
    THats the stereo that came in the car.
    Thank you. I was actually wondering that as well - too bad when I got the car it had this crappy aftermarket unit in it. I would have liked to see the stock head unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBMW325i View Post
    I am jealous. That is all.
    Thanks! But don't be - if you ever make it eastward you are welcome to take her for a spin! Unlike some I'll let anyone (with insurance and a license) drive my cars. What fun is it to have these fun toys and not share???

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    that's IMPRESSIVE. What are your top 5 favorite records?
    since you don't mind me going OT on your thread.

1) i have a great depression era cardboard 78 speed record, where the record is actually cut into a thin layer of plastic laminate over thin cardboard. its not worth a lot but i think its definetley the coolest record i have. its this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/10-PICTURE-DISC-HIT-OF-THE-WEEK-RUDY-VALLEE-SYCAMORE_W0QQitemZ270204337111QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3 06QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2) Dylan, 1973 Canadian import. the record where Columbia tried to screw up Dylan's image after he switched labels, so they released his "worst" songs ever. not a lot left, and it was never put on cd in the u.s. i also have all his Asylum (new label) records

3) Newport Folk Festival Broadside, 1963. rare vanguard record record which has a couple of dylans songs played live.

4) Dead Kennedy's rare "orange" version" of fresh fruit for rotting vegetables. a screw up by the record label after it was decided it looked weird

5) Elvis Costello live at Hollywood high e.p. pretty rare and has a ton of great live songs.

those aren't worth a whole lot, but there my favorite. whats worth a lot is a huge collection of 1900's 78spd records i've collected from antique store and given to me by my grandfather. i like music btw

Thanks! But don't be - if you ever make it eastward you are welcome to take her for a spin! Unlike some I'll let anyone (with insurance and a license) drive my cars. What fun is it to have these fun toys and not share???
    wow!! the only person to ever drive my car is my dad. id let people if they wanted to but....im the only person in my town who knows what an e30 is

btw you should make a sweet sig with both your e30s in it

My Cars
    e30 M3, e39, Cappuccino
    I won't even let my dad drive my car. I'll let my brother if I'm with him, and occasionally I'll let a friend if I'm with him, but that's rare

My Cars
    A BMW
    yeah, I'll let anyone drive it (well anyone I know).

I dunno, I love them so much I just want to share!!!

maybe I'm crazy, but eh, if letting someone drive on of my cars gets them out of theirs and into a bimmer, then I'm happy.

My Cars
    A BMW
    Stopped in at the shop today... (much work is being done at my friend's shop as this is tax time for me :-( )

Anyways:

Rear subframe bushings have been replaced!

MZ3 shifter is in. It is SHORT, DAMN short. Don't buy a kit ever again, just go to the dealer or pelican or wherever and order one of these. As short as my B+M in my E46 and THAT was short too but 3X the money.

Oil filter and gaskets were being worked on when I left.

Waiting for Muffler from Germany and intake boot from Germany as well.

Have a friday appointment at BMW for an alignment and mount/balance of rims. More pics for you all this weekend!!

My Cars
    '87 535is Thruxton
    Shoot....that thing is coming along. It's good that you're getting it done over the winter. Those guys on the "left" coast have no idea what the other white stuff can do to a nice project.

My Cars
    A BMW
    thanks. yeah NE winters are terrible. My poor recently refinished iX is crying. I am at the car wash like 2 times a week!

Thanks for the props. I'm trying to get this thing done asap. It'd be further along but I can't work on it cause I'm too busy.

I'm paying a buddy to run it through his shop but he's charging me actual time instead of flat rates on projects trying to help me out. hopefully everything goes as planned and there are no delays...

stay tuned...

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast