Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Touring Project Begins...

My Cars
    91 332is
    Wawawewa, nice touring.

I would kill for one =)
    "1991 332is - 1998 Supercharged OBDI S52 - E36 5-Lug with E36 M3 Brakes - B&G Coilovers - 2.93 LSD - Style 5's"
    Gone but not forgotten

"1997 M3"
    Currently being restored past its former glory

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '00 528iT spo
    Nice touring.

I needed something a little bigger for the family and held out for an E39 528iT, 5-speed /sport/ luxury blah, blah, blah...

Nice car, but doesn't have the funky coolness of an E30 touring

G/L on your project.
    Jason

'90 325iX 5M, '00 528iT 5M Sport (mfg. 5/1999)
    BMW CCA member #130075
    JScott Racing

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by MR E30 View Post
    Wawawewa, nice touring.

I would kill for one =)
    Thank.

Quote Originally Posted by jase007 View Post
    Nice touring.

I needed something a little bigger for the family and held out for an E39 528iT, 5-speed /sport/ luxury blah, blah, blah...

Nice car, but doesn't have the funky coolness of an E30 touring

G/L on your project.
    and thanks.

I once had the opportunity to buy an E39 540iT and passed on it for an E46 coupe. Man, had I only known then what I know now...

Oh well, I think this E30 iT makes up for the missed opportunity!!

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    if you're going the m tech route, try and find one of these!! i didn't even know they existed!! M TECHNIC TOURING REAR SPOILER!!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...99&hg=41&fg=60

My Cars
    '93 SL1, '95 XV1100
    VERY NICE! I love E30 tourings! If I ever get back into E30s that's going to be what I'm looking for. Already have ideas in my head....

My Cars
    87' 325is, 88' Mazda B2200
    Quote Originally Posted by MR E30 View Post
    Wawawewa, nice touring.

I would kill for one =)
    +1 Very Nice I like!... You bastard lol
    and how much if you don't mind?
    I'll find one when I'm out of college
    GET MONEY!

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post
    if you're going the m tech route, try and find one of these!! i didn't even know they existed!! M TECHNIC TOURING REAR SPOILER!!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...99&hg=41&fg=60

What you don't like the spoiler on there already? Plus it looks like the M-tech is discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnotme1988 View Post
    VERY NICE! I love E30 tourings! If I ever get back into E30s that's going to be what I'm looking for. Already have ideas in my head....
    Thanks. What ideas? Do tell! Perhaps we are on the same page...

Quote Originally Posted by Biker7j View Post
    +1 Very Nice I like!... You bastard lol
    and how much if you don't mind?
    I'll find one when I'm out of college
    I'll put it this way... Total investment by the time I'm done should be $10,000 which will include: necessary maintenance, mechanical repairs, all body work and parts, all interior work and parts, and suspension.

And to those that haven't heard... I bought this as a TEMPORARY project to do and then drive until it is time to do ED on my 135i! Hopefully I'll have the fundage to keep the Touring as well but the thought is to possibly sell it this summer for whatever amount I have into it...

My Cars
    '93 SL1, '95 XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by NHskibm View Post
    Thanks. What ideas? Do tell! Perhaps we are on the same page...
    The dream would be a set of H&Rs and Kopis, Hartge rims, Hartge kit, with an S52/6-speed for motivation. BUT, these are dreams....one project at a time....

I'd LOVE to do an S62/6-speed in the E34 and an M42 in my Mazda B2000.....one day.....one day.....

My Cars
    A BMW
    The dream would be a set of H&Rs and Kopis, Hartge rims, Hartge kit, with an S52/6-speed for motivation. BUT, these are dreams....one project at a time....

I'd LOVE to do an S62/6-speed in the E34 and an M42 in my Mazda B2000.....one day.....one day.....
    Sounds very nice... Do you have a pic of the Hartge kit for the Touring??

S52 is on the list as a possibility but I have an M40 in there now which is just WAY too cool to take out just yet.

I started looking into suspension and finding springs for the rear is proving to be a task. So far can't find anything local. Someone posted and said that tehy are the same as the vert. but the OEM part numbers don't match (I was told by my parts guy), we'll see what happens though...

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT

hartge kit?? but yore selling a kit right now

do the regular e30, and touring e30 share the same valences? as in a hartge kit for an e30 coupe, could fit on a touring?

Howard, i didn't even notice that spoiler you had on it, kinda blends in. the mtech one just has a bit more...size and angle to it. i image there quite rare though, and cost a pretty penny
    putting all that work and time into a rare touring...and you're gonna sell it and 1 series tii ftw

My Cars
    A BMW

do the regular e30, and touring e30 share the same valences? as in a hartge kit for an e30 coupe, could fit on a touring?

Howard, i didn't even notice that spoiler you had on it, kinda blends in. the mtech one just has a bit more...size and angle to it. i image there quite rare though, and cost a pretty penny
    putting all that work and time into a rare touring...and you're gonna sell it and 1 series tii ftw
    The valences on the Mtech II kit I bought are the same for sedan and touring. I think they would be the same for coupe to, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing plastic bumper kits are fairly universal, but again I'm not sure.

It does kinda blend in, but getting an Mtech one is probably REALLY tough since they are NLA.

Yeah, I know it is a bunch of work and such, but it was a impulse buy based on the selling of my E46. I decided that with the 135 coming out I didn't need the E46 anymore and am about to sell it. Then I found the touring and was like "why not?". Now I have the Touring AND my E46 (which is being sold today finally after numerous deals falling through and holding a deposit for a week). So basically the Touring has a bunch of the cash from my E46 tied up in it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is done, and if I can keep it AND get the 135 I will, but if not, oh well. So long as I have my IX that is all that matters!!!

My Cars
    Various junk
    Quote Originally Posted by NHskibm View Post
    S52 is on the list as a possibility but I have an M40 in there now which is just WAY too cool to take out just yet.

My Cars
    '93 SL1, '95 XV1100
    Yeah, but it'll be a LONG time before I'll ever get an E30 touring. The kit's gotta go for now. I'll be on the hunt for another one day, I just need the money right now. It does me no good to have it sitting upstairs for years when someone else could be enjoying it...

My Cars
    2006 M6
    Sport seats.

Gogogogogo.

My Cars
    A BMW
    Yeah, but it'll be a LONG time before I'll ever get an E30 touring. The kit's gotta go for now. I'll be on the hunt for another one day, I just need the money right now. It does me no good to have it sitting upstairs for years when someone else could be enjoying it...
    Spoken like a true enthusiast. I commend you for releasing such good things to the public! I feel the same way. Why let it gather dust when you someone else could be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by exproject View Post
    Sport seats.

Gogogogogo.
    I have some that I need to have the rear panels recovered as well as a bolster and seat bottom! As soon as that is done front sports will be in!!!

My Cars
    A BMW
    Update:

Big box of parts showed up today - rear bushings, brakes, etc etc.

Tires showed up today!

CD43 Sowed up today!

Rims scheduled to arrive monday!

Should have it out of the mechanic shop and good to go next week!!!

Then off to the body shop!!!

Pics of work coming this weekend when I'm there on Sat!

My Cars
    90' 325i, 97' Audi A4, 01' Vespa ET4
    Im really anxious to see the car after this is all done... dope.

1990 Brillantrot 325i. E30's FTW.

My Cars
    '86 M635/'10 Clubman
    Sweet!

S50 conversion???

[edit: missed your S52 post - that would be acceptable )

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveGerman View Post
    Im really anxious to see the car after this is all done... dope.
    yo and me both

Quote Originally Posted by e24mpwr View Post
    Sweet!

S50 conversion???

[edit: missed your S52 post - that would be acceptable )
    I'm rocking the Euro M40 for a while though... looks like my jan 31 layoff is a definite so no engine swap for now...

My Cars
    88 M3's, 90 325i, 95 M3
    CD43's rock, I got one from Markus last year for cheap money and a harness adapter also.

If you the panels let me know. I have a touring rear seat in blue clothe with built in head rests.

My Cars
    A BMW
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

My Cars
    88 M3's, 90 325i, 95 M3
    M40 has to go via trash can unless you plan on boosting it. Becareful with the M40 as the cam tends to go flat.

My Cars
    A BMW
    i know, i know. But for now it has to stay. Hopefully this summer I'll deem that I can keep the car, get something new for a DD (135i), and drop something bigger in there.

Although a Turboed M40 would be kinda cool, just because. And if that goes then do an S52 or something.

My Cars
    A BMW
    as promised, some updates:

#1 - rear seats removed to be shipped to creative options for OEM vinyl recovering.

#2 - shot from the back to see the size of the touring

#3 - CD43 new in box

#4 - bushings to be replaced. I think these are techincally brake carrier bushings, either way they are just in front of the rear wheels - a PITA to get out.

#5 - box o' parts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NHskibm; 01-19-2008 at 09:42 PM.

My Cars
    A BMW
    couple more:

#1 - Alpina Kopis!!!

#2 - Conti Extremes!!!

#3 - center console replaced as the PO had cut out the coil tray to make a ghetto cupholder, nice idea but ghett-o

#4 - CD43 installed!!! RDS works too!!

Didn't get much done on the car, just unpacked parts, packed up the seats to ship, put the radio in, and actually replaced gaskets and grommets on my iX.

Bushings should be done tomorrow and the rest of the work should fly by. Hopefully two days of work to get her back on the road in tip top shape!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast