Thread: Supersprint installed

My Cars
    BMW Z3 Supercharged

Supersprint installed

My Supersprint exhaust was finally installed this morning It took about 2 hours, taking my time and taking pictures of each step. The pictures will be up in a while, but for now here's a video of the stock muffler, the car with no muffler (just the cat),

http://homepage.mac.com/matsushida_oni/supersprint.mov

The part where I show the Supersprint is not accurate, the camera's mic didn't accurately pick up the sound so it sounds like shit. The actual Supersprint sounds more like the 2nd exhaust in the video, without the muffler

I drove for about an hour with the Supersprint. The sound is awesome, deep and smooth with a great sounding idle. When I hit redline it has an aggressive roar. It's not overly loud for regular use - with the top and windows up, it can still be heard over music but is not intrusive. With windows down, it is always noticeable. With the windows and top down, it is quite loud

I believe it will become louder as it breaks in. The power increase is arguable -it feels to me like a little low end torque was lost but the midrange and top are stronger. The throttle response is definitely improved though - double clutching and rev matching are smoother since the engine responds instantly. Overall, well worth the price. The tip looks great too.

stjobs

My Cars
    BMW Z3 Supercharged
    No one seen the video yet?

stjobs

My Cars
    The Clown Shoe
    Sounds good. Stock did sound kind of meek and Geolike.