Thread: Passenger door lock and window not working

My Cars
    2000 528i Sport

Passenger door lock and window not working

Hey everyone. Today my passenger side door lock and window stopped working. The light at the floorboard still comes on. All other windows and door locks work correctly. They all unlock when pressed with either the key remote or the central locking button inside the car. All windows work from the driver side panel or their own button. This makes me think some kind of module or switch in the passenger side went bad. Anyone know what it is? I checked fuses but the only one I found affected the entire locking system. Thanks!

2000 528i Sport Package 90K mi

I dont believe this was the cause but it happened when I locked the car from the key remote and didn't realize the passenger door was still open. I went home and tried it with a rear door and it locked fine.

My Cars
    2000 528i Sport
    one more thing. I just checked to see if the mirror is working and it is not.

My Cars
    2000 528i Sport
    anyone?

also the power seats are still working on the passenger side.

My Cars
    BMW 523I & DAIMLER66 COUPE

me too ! in the UK

I have exactly the same problem on other side (right hand drive) probably locked car with door still open. Tried changing blown fuse in trunk but didn`t help ??

My Cars
    1982 320i
    The Drivers door module(the master window switch) communcates over the P-BUS with the passenger front door Module. PM-BT control unit contains all the electronics to control the door lock actuator, mirror memory/operation and window operation. There are no fuses or relays to check as they are integrated into the door module. Replacement of this module does not require coding. There are 2 variants of this module. M5 and basic e39. Both can be used in a 528/540. The m5 has additional mirror controls for fold in function. The rear doors are control directly by the General Module III.

My Cars
    2000 528i Sport
    Would disconnecting the wires to it reset it? Or is it pretty much fried? Its funny that it happened when I locked the car with the remote and the door was open.

My Cars
    2000 528i Sport

Update

I purchased and installed a passenger door module and this did not fix the problem. Also, I don't think I realized this when I wrote the original post but the passenger side window WILL work but only from the passenger switch. everything else is still not functioning (lock, mirror, window from driver switch). Anybody have any other ideas?

My Cars
    1982 320i
    you either have a faulty master window switch or a faulty GM, try swapping out the switch with another 5 series.

My Cars
    2001 525is

Question Same exact problem

What was the outcome of this? I have the same problem as you did. Let me know.

thanks

My Cars
    94 325i, 08 528i
    very old but did anyone figure the problem..cuz im having it
    08' 528, 01' 530 sold , 94' 325i sold

My Cars
    330i
    I'm having same issue

My Cars
    01 e39 530i - 91 bronco
    bumping thins any one have a solution for this? mine did this intermittent for awhile and then stopped working all together.

My Cars
    328i
    I'm having the same problem. Passenger door won't unlock, drivers door won't lock or unlock, windows or sunroof doesn't work. I just got a gm3 module from a scrap car, I will let you know if that changes anything.

My Cars
    528iT (5SPEED WAGON)
    So is the consensus to replace the passenger door module? And that is it? My car is doing the same thing, door will not lock or unlock. Window does not work, and the power mirror will not move.

Is it possible this is causing the battery to deplete over a few nights rest? I had to jump the battery twice over the weekend. My jump box reported 8V on the 12V car battery. Once running it shows 14.1V. So I know the alternator is charging... Just wondering if the security system is causing a parasitic draw on the battery more than usual with this door module being broken.

Finally does anyone have a part number or a link so I can make sure I order the correct unit the 1st time?

Thanks!

Matt|ttaM

My Cars
    Bmw x5
    No worries , just disconnect battery for 1 hour and reconnect battery , it will be ok

My Cars
    Busted E36
    Bump it up. Any resolutions to these issues?

Sig by Compactive - Photo by 1013MM

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyho73 View Post
    No worries , just disconnect battery for 1 hour and reconnect battery , it will be ok
    This worked for me....Thanks!!!

My Cars
    2002 BMW 525i
    Update: Disconnecting battery worked initially & temporarily. I later discovered Rain had gotten into mirror, window-door lock control module. Have cleaned pins and dried circuit board (didn't appear to be burned out, fingers crossed) have yet to re-install until I clean some corrosion from connectors. Will update after re-install.
    Quote Originally Posted by RdkingSr. View Post
    This worked for me....Thanks!!!

My Cars
    01 530i
    Im having a similar issue in my 01 530i
    Keyfob/interior switch only works for passenger door
    No windows and the trunk doesnt pop

My Cars
    02 m3
    Did you unplug your battery for an hour?

My Cars
    01 530i
    Yeah ive had it disconnected for more than an hour
    I guess i should fill in some back story

The sunroof seal withered a section fell off and it leaked a couple of years ago
    And ran inside on the pillar
    Had to dry it out a few times
    Tried to keep it covered with a sheet of plastic under a car cover

Ive just fixed the sunroof
    Im in the middle of replacing and recoding the LCM
    Im not sure if any other modules are damaged as im not getting any thing on the OBDII

My Cars
    01 530i
    Turns out my power distribution fuse box under the passenger seat/carpet was severely corroded

Im looking for one in excellent shape, and also the red cable from the trunk to it, as well as the little green box(i believe is an airbag sensor) if anyone is parting out an e39 and has them plz LMK

My Cars
    01 530i

My Cars
    01 530i
    Turns out for 120$ FCP Euro's 8 fold power distribution fuse box comes with the fuses but not the big wire loom ends that go into the lower two connection spots

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackh3art View Post
    Holy f...! That's bad. Was that the water from the sunroof?
    Resident Third World Country Advisor