Thread: ebay short shifter vs 328is shifter

My Cars
    My Two Feet

ebay short shifter vs 328is shifter

I was wondering, coming from a honda I see ebay short shifters as syncro crunching bad ideas. However, I've read a few articles and see that lots of people switch to 328 or m3 shifters. I was wondering if there was a reason to avoid the ebay shifters?
    Please note: I have a very weak grasp of the english language, everything you see here, including this paragraph, was written entirely by smashing my palms into the keyboard and hoping for the best. Please consider this before you think I am trying to stur any controversy or intelegent conversation.

My Cars
    e36
    just go with the understeer.com short shit kit, it is made from various oem bmw parts. i have one and it reduced my throw by about 50 percent and is fairly smooth. i would highly recommend one. espically for 80 bucks
    I hate the Police

My Cars
    E36 328i
    I personally would not go the cheap route and go with Ebay. You get what you pay for. I have heard great things about the UUC Evo3 but there are other good alternatives too. You can search about the "best" kit for you on the board or you might go to a local BMW meet and see if anyone would let try theirs out.

My Cars
    bmw 325is
    I found a b&m technic kit when they still made them on ebay. Kickass upgrade no complaints. but what's this about synco crushing?

My Cars
    My Two Feet
    if you install a cheap short shift on a honda tranny, it'll eat up the syncros 3x as fast as a normal shifter. They make expencive kits that dont do this, but it is a more involved install.
    Please note: I have a very weak grasp of the english language, everything you see here, including this paragraph, was written entirely by smashing my palms into the keyboard and hoping for the best. Please consider this before you think I am trying to stur any controversy or intelegent conversation.

My Cars
    328 CI, R.I.P 92 325I
    a friend of mine has an ebay ss lever and he hasnt had any problems with it. i think he paid 15 with shipping or something like that