Thread: Suspension Install Questions...

My Cars
    2003 M5

Exclamation

I have decided on H&R/Bilstein combo, and am going to buy the package from Turner, but I was just talking with the guys at European Racing Technologies and they were very informative, but one thing they said was different than what I believed to be true. They told me that after installing the springs/shocks, that it was not necessary to have an alignment. I though that any time you were messing with the shock assembly/tower, that is was a must to get an alignment. Maybe I am wrong, Any opinions? Thank you.

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    one question.....would it HURT to get an alignment? you'll have the sancitity(sp?) of knowing that your tires will wear out properly and that your car will be safe on the road....i say...spend the 40-50 bucks, get an alignment, and get it over with....my 3 pesos of course

My Cars
    2003 M5
    I would get an alignment anyway, but I am trying get an understanding of how it wouldnt need an alignment. It just goes against everything I have ever heard, until this point that is.

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    I agree with the other monkeys - I strongly urge to get an alignment. Either that or risk getting a new set of tires.
    - Jon, '93 325is