Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it so hard to sell my 850???

My Cars
    1991 850i(sold), 1994 840ci

Why is it so hard to sell my 850???

Honestly, I don't get it. I need money asap so I am selling my 1991 850i for $9000 obo. I think because I priced it so low people are thinking that something is wrong with it...but there isn't. It looks beautiful, has some upgrades, clean title, just smogged in CA, and runs perfect. I drive it every day! I was getting more inquiries when I had the price at $12,900. I would think people would jump on this car for $9000...hell if someone offered it to me right now, I might even sell it for $8000!!!!!! PLEASE HELP...IF ANYONE KNOWS SOMEONE INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE, PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY. I need to sell it quick. Thank you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    Maybe its just because its winter

My Cars
    '92 850i
    I'd say your right about the price scaring some away.
    Blake Edwards
    '92 850i, Mauritius Blue Metallic / Light Parchment
    1 of 196 worldwide in this color combination
    http://myworld.ebay.com/supremebein
    http://www.justracing.com/homepage/BlakeEdwards
    http://mydrive.roadfly.com/blog/SupremeBein

MK Motorsports MK-1's, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, Euro M-Sport Mirrors, Euro LKM, Conforti chips, Dinan trany chip, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Cats removed, M5 3.91 LSD, MK Motorsports strut brace, Bilsteins, H&Rs, K-Bars Gen. 1, MWrench camber plates, Blue brake calipers, SS brake lines, More to come.

My Cars
    see signature
    So jack up the price and get more responces. That means more money and better odds of selling because most 8 series buyers are very careful with their money by asking a lot a questions.
    Current - all are 6mt:
    1991 850i
    2004 Audi S4
    2000 Audi A6 2.7T

My Cars
    1991 850i(sold), 1994 840ci
    I was thinking that same thing about being winter...definitely not the best time to sell. But I think it's so funny that people think "expensive" means it's "good". Someone has the chance to capitalize on my crappy situation and get a beautiful 850 for a ridiculous price. People make assumptions without even seeing it. I urge anyone interested to have it checked out by a mechanic of their choice. Oh well...I guess if people want to pay more, I have no problem with that!

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Damn, I wish I had the $$$ right now...

Best of luck on selling that beauty.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    E30 M3, 2013 WRX LTD
    If I had the money right now I would jump on that in a heartbeat! Very sexy!

My Cars
    1991 850i,1972 MG Midget
    I am interested but need more info ....... km , options , cloth/leather int, where u are located ETC.
    I am in Canada, but can fly & drive it back???????????

My Cars
    2016 340i
    Nice car, but it still is 16 years old. Gets poor mileage, expensive to maintain, and has obvious modifications. You will need to find an enthusist who wants one, and they will probably offer your between $5 and $6K. Ths situation would be the same with a Jag or MB. They just don't hold the value, have limited appeal, and can get very expensive .

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle View Post
    Nice car, but it still is 16 years old. Gets poor mileage, expensive to maintain, and has obvious modifications. You will need to find an enthusist who wants one, and they will probably offer your between $5 and $6K. Ths situation would be the same with a Jag or MB. They just don't hold the value, have limited appeal, and can get very expensive .
    And you have no idea what your talking about

My Cars
    all
    are those cloth seats?

My Cars
    90 €850i /04 545/08 335
    Uncle, why are you on the 8 forum. Rane could not have said it better.

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed

My Cars
    TOO MANY TO LIST
    Uncle,When i turned 16 my dad bought me a 325i, I even refused to get the 323....I think it is young girls car.....

My Cars
    e31, XJS
    I think it would sell better without the modifications.

BTW Do the buttons on the steeringwheel work?

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with the timing. The best time to seel an 8 series is between March to June and August~September. There are specific Strategies of selling these cars. I would recommend you contact Jud (The E31 Registrar) to give you some pointers on how to successfully sell you 8.

Jud's Contact Information.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    This post does not merit a logical response.

My Cars
    2016 340i
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslook View Post
    Uncle,When i turned 16 my dad bought me a 325i, I even refused to get the 323....I think it is young girls car.....
    Maybe your Daddy will buy this one for you also.

The poster wanted to know why he can't sell his car. He probaly thinks it is worth more than it is. At some point, supply an demand will take over. We know there are no takers at $9K. Why do you think that is?

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCHERK View Post
    I am interested but need more info ....... km , options , cloth/leather int, where u are located ETC.
    I am in Canada, but can fly & drive it back???????????
    Same here. Send me more information (miles, Service records, Mods, Current condition, etc). My E-Mail address is faisal_b_ahmed(at)hotmail.com.

Have you listed it on E-Bay? If you can, post your car on E-Bay after 4 Hours with a price point of 13K or higher.

My 2 cents.

PS. The Chrome trim and the C piller V12 badges are unattractive to "most" buyers.

My Cars
    see signature
    Just wondering, how many miles does your car have madelife08? That could play a big role in why you can't seem to sell it.
    Current - all are 6mt:
    1991 850i
    2004 Audi S4
    2000 Audi A6 2.7T

My Cars
    e31, XJS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed303 View Post
    PS. The Chrome trim and the C piller V12 badges are unattractive to "most" buyers.
    And the front bumper and the blue intake and the exhaust tips and probably all the other modifications except the wheels and rear spoiler...

/edit - Are the seats cloth? If they are then are they rare (I have never see cloth seats in e31)? Cloth seats maybe something that puts buyers off.. If they are rare the enthusiasts could like them but then they wouldn`t probably like the mods..
    Last edited by Tonn; 12-12-2007 at 08:44 PM.

My Cars
    Misc.
    Great looking car! Good luck selling it, you shouldn't (in an ideal world) have any problems.

BTW how did you install a stage 2 airbag on a stage 1 car?

My Cars
    540/6 - S50E30
    Do you have an an internet ad for the car that I can show my dad.

My Cars
    none
    Return it to stock as much as possible...

just my 2 cents

My Cars
    00 E38 750IL 92 E31 850
    dont listen to the naysayers man...............the car looks just fine and well maintained..........there IS a buyer out there......
    92 Dinan Stage III 850 Twin Turbo (1 of 4)
    625 Hp on 93 pump gas @ 14 psi 660 ft lbs torque

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast