Thread: Could it be the heater control valve?

My Cars
    95 m3

Could it be the heater control valve?

When I am using the vents, the driverside comes out as set, but the defroster and footwell comes out hot. Sucks in the summer when I want A/C on my legs or need to defrost and end up cooking myself even more, but it was bearable. Passenger side works fine. Now it's winter, and the heat only works about 5% of the time, and when it does work and I come to a stop, the vents stop blowing hot air, and it becomes cold (on drivers side at least, I don't know about passenger). Also, the climate control does not work on the driver side period. I use the center vent control. Sound like a heater control valve gone bad?

My Cars
    Cadillac
    Im sorry I cant help you bud, but I will give you a free bump because I have a slightly similiar situation with my car, and any info would help. BUMPITY

Previous cars: 1994 325i Vert, 1996 328i Sedan, 1998 740i, 1999 740il....current car: 1996 328is Sport/5 speed/black on black

My Cars
    95 m3
    Someone must have an idea as to whether or not the valve is causing this. It is the only thing I can think of.

My Cars
    E90 M3, Aston V8 Vantage
    i have this problem too, but i'm also sure i have air in my cooling system. i'll see if i still have this problem after i re-bleed
    Ladies of the past:

My Cars
    95 m3
    Well I know I don't have air in my system because I replaced the thermostat last winter and bled it. Heat worked great, although the driver side climate control never worked. Always was hot on feet on defrost. Now it's all kinds of messed up.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    From what I've been reading, it's the heater control valve. I also have full-time heat on the feet. I don't have a garage so I've put of working on it in the parking lot but I need to get out there and dig into it.
    '97 Cosmos Lux, H&R, Koni, Custom Exhaust, ASC Delete