Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Yes, Another V1 Thread

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster

Cool Yes, Another V1 Thread

I know this should be in a chassis specific forum, but I figured that this is similar among all of the chassis.

I just purchased a Valentine One, and am already annoyed by the power cord hanging down to the lighter in my 330cic. The owner's manual says that the V1 needs to be connected to a switched power wire. So that when the car is off, so is the V1. What would a wire like that be to?

Also, how do I remove the lighting assembly near my rear-view mirror to get to those wires?

Thanks all.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Buy or borrow a Bentley manual.
    It explains all you need to know.

Requires a little extrapolation for mods.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    It will explain how to hardwire one?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I ran the power cord for mine to the remote garage door opener located in the headliner.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    My car is a cabrio. The only thing that I think is up there are the rain-sensing power, switched lights, power for dimming mirror, and I think that's it.

Are any of these viable for power?

My Cars
    BMW
    Power for dimming mirror should be, but I don't know how much current that can take.

Rain sensing power would be if you have your wipers set to sense rain...you might just end up running the wires a bit down the A pillar.

~Matt Segal

My Cars
    96 M3, 91 318iS
    I ran the wire across the top of the windshield, down the pass. side a-pillar, behind the kick panel, and into the dash. I tapped the 12v cigarette lighter socket, and added a switch into the dash to turn the detector on/off. Looks and works great...you can't see the wire at all except right where it comes down and plugs into the detector.

My car is an e36 325i vert though, so things may be a little different.

If you prefer, you would definitely be able to tap into the dome lights.
    1996 Hellrot on Modena M3
    1991 Imola on black 318is

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    I think I'm just going to tap into the dome lights. Thanks. Now to get that damn X band turned off :

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    I was a little disheartened today when driving past the strip mall I had a 2 dot reading on X band with 9 bogies. I recalibrated the unit for Advanced Logic, and it seemed to cure the problem.