Thread: VIDEO-looking at the underbelly of the silver bullet

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe

VIDEO-looking at the underbelly of the silver bullet

I had to drop off the suspension goodies this morning at the shop so thought I would give you guys another video to snack on.

This just shows the exhaust dump which some were curious about since I decided against BLING tips. You also get to see some of the drivetrain mods, steel braided fuel lines, wastegate setup, etc. The radiator fan, BOV and some things are off the car...we are testing different things to make sure there are no boost, vac or oil leaks.

PUTFILE VIDEO

YOUTUBE COMING SOON!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1994 Bmw 325i, 1995 Bmw M
    nice... that looks like a 3" downpipe rite? i thought u guys were using 3.5". nice driveshaft
    and what differential fin are u using? ruoge?

Custom Twin Charge build... tuned by VIC@SIASTUNING 11psi 400whp 400ftlb with a slipping clutch, high boost

GTK-650 (.7 comp and .68 or .81 turbines),Eaton M62 (clutched S/C), Custom 11" Crank Pulley ,Cometic 0.14" HG, Walbro255, TEC3r, Tial 50mm BOV, Tial 44mm Wastegate, SP Alcohol injection Stg1, UUC LTWFW stg2, spec performance organic clutch, Siemens 72lb injectors, 24x12x4 FMIC, 3" intercooler pipings, s54 oil filter housing,666 Topmount manifold, and oil cooler kit.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsiang View Post
    nice... that looks like a 3" downpipe rite? i thought u guys were using 3.5". nice driveshaft
    and what differential fin are u using? ruoge?
    I couldn't fit 3.5" DP. It goes from 3" DP to 3.5" exhaust. Oh well no 1000whp for me but I don't care about the numbers. Diff fin cover is Rogue.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1996 Ferrari F355 Spider
    Looks great Cam! Parts with purposes, I love it. What size wastegate is that again?

My Cars
    E36, WRX
    Awesome man! You really have all your bases covered now!

While you're in there change that wastegate spring

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsalgt View Post
    Looks great Cam! Parts with purposes, I love it. What size wastegate is that again?
    Looks like 44

Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I couldn't fit 3.5" DP. It goes from 3" DP to 3.5" exhaust. Oh well no 1000whp for me but I don't care about the numbers. Diff fin cover is Rogue.
    Cam I couldn't see the external pump - did something change? 4.0" exhaust ftw.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    HeHe I like parts with purposes. This car isn't just for looks.

60mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by a32guy View Post
    Awesome man! You really have all your bases covered now!

While you're in there change that wastegate spring
    Thanks! Almost there. I have a few extra tricks up my sleeve still.

First I think I have a boost leak. If I do, that will be taken care of, then I will change the EBC to see if I can stretch that 14.7psi spring to 30psi. Then I will get Antilag and the line locks set up. Then I will see what my traction is like. Then I will try to acquire some 15" rims and see if I can fit some nice sized M/T DRs. Then a couple more tricks but somewhere in the mix I will try the 1/8th at least and get some freeway video with other FI bimmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrineMachine View Post
    Cam I couldn't see the external pump - did something change? 4.0" exhaust ftw.
    Never had an external pump. Dual Walbros.

My 3.5" is just fine thanks.

My Cars
    BMWs
    HeHe I like parts with purposes. This car isn't just for looks.

60mm.

Thanks! Almost there. I have a few extra tricks up my sleeve still.

First I think I have a boost leak. If I do, that will be taken care of, then I will change the EBC to see if I can stretch that 14.7psi spring to 30psi. Then I will get Antilag and the line locks set up. Then I will see what my traction is like. Then I will try to acquire some 15" rims and see if I can fit some nice sized M/T DRs. Then a couple more tricks but somewhere in the mix I will try the 1/8th at least and get some freeway video with other FI bimmers.

Never had an external pump. Dual Walbros.

My 3.5" is just fine thanks.
    Damn 60 doesn't look so big on the car. I was at the shop looking at a 60mm in glass case and was like how the HELL am I going to fit that. I am going to go with dual 38's I think.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by UrineMachine View Post
    Damn 60 doesn't look so big on the car. I was at the shop looking at a 60mm in glass case and was like how the HELL am I going to fit that. I am going to go with dual 38's I think.
    Depends which 60mm. Mine is the Turbonetics New Gen so the casing might be smaller. I know that there is a Blitz one where the casing is gigantic.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Depends which 60mm. Mine is the Turbonetics New Gen so the casing might be smaller. I know that there is a Blitz one where the casing is gigantic.
    Ok true - the TiAL 60mm is like a football no joke

My Cars
    93 325iS
    Cameron, it looks really nice Now I understand why it sounds like it does, I thought it had a muffler (actually I thought it had dual exhausts). How wide is the resonator they fit under-car?

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    jesus, that car really has the best of the best parts in it, doesnt it....
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    1996 Ferrari F355 Spider
    HeHe I like parts with purposes. This car isn't just for looks. 60mm.
    That wastegate looks large enough under there! 60MM, good lord, I couldn't imagine the sound if you didn't tie that back into the exhaust system! Very nice Cam, parts choosen are so high quality and researched well. Once set up, I'm really interested in the 1/4 mile times.

My Cars
    97 E36M3 S54
    Cause I'm a hood figga!

Are you going to put a x brace on it aswell?

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGmA View Post
    Cameron, it looks really nice Now I understand why it sounds like it does, I thought it had a muffler (actually I thought it had dual exhausts). How wide is the resonator they fit under-car?
    That is actually a muffler not a resonator. I will measure it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    jesus, that car really has the best of the best parts in it, doesnt it....
    Thank you. I never wanted this to be one of those cars where it's shiny in some places with some nice stuff but at closer inspection there are cheap bandaids and overall poor quality.
    That wastegate looks large enough under there! 60MM, good lord, I couldn't imagine the sound if you didn't tie that back into the exhaust system! Very nice Cam, parts choosen are so high quality and researched well. Once set up, I'm really interested in the 1/4 mile times.
    Thanks! Unfortunately I don't ahve a 1/4 mile strip anywhere near me but I will make the long journey to one some day for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by M52 POWER! View Post
    Cause I'm a hood figga!

Are you going to put a x brace on it aswell?
    Yeah, in the other thread about Go, Show and Handling I have pictured the stuff being installed which includes an x-brace. Before I always just spent money on GO stuff and ignored the proper suspension and little goodies that I really needed. I am still surprised I took the plunge on the BBK because it is a lot of money for no GO power. However not dying is also a priority these days.