Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FULL OBC Conversion DIRECTIONS HOW TO

My Cars
    325i Sport Coupe, E12 M535i, 88 Scirocco GTX
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerboy328i View Post
    Anyone figure out the range feature yet?
    I haven't read all through this post yet so maybe someone has already beat to it! The range feature is the white grey wire pin 9 x1071 to pin 10 x17.
    Last edited by Tristan325; 12-27-2006 at 09:57 AM.

My Cars
    E36 325 TDS
    Hello,
    I have a BMW E36 325 TDS of 12/1996.
    I just have an analogic clock without temp.
    Is it possible to install a 18 button full OBC if I find how to connect the two wires and the temp sensor ?

Thanks.

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by beni27 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a BMW E36 325 TDS of 12/1996.
    I just have an analogic clock without temp.
    Is it possible to install a 18 button full OBC if I find how to connect the two wires and the temp sensor ?

Thanks.
    It's possible to install 18 button OBC, but you'll need white & black harnesses. And you will need to connect all those thin wires manually. Read the thread, it is explained how to connect them.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i 2002 GMC Sierra 4x4
    Im about to do the swap in my 95' 325i but ive got a quick question first. I live in Canada, and the OBC come from the states. Will there be any problems with speed (mph-kph) or fuel consumption (mpg or litres/100 kms) Or anything else that I'll need to deal with?

My Cars
    E36 M3 3.2 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by damone6969 View Post
    Im about to do the swap in my 95' 325i but ive got a quick question first. I live in Canada, and the OBC come from the states. Will there be any problems with speed (mph-kph) or fuel consumption (mpg or litres/100 kms) Or anything else that I'll need to deal with?
    I think you can change these settings in computer. But I am not 100% sure about that.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i 2002 GMC Sierra 4x4
    I wouldnt care if the computer read in miles and gallons, actually, ide prefer it
    as long as its giving correct readings

My Cars
    BMW 316i 1992 SEDAN
    hi! many thanks for the detailed conversion, i am also one of the bmw fans and owns it, i got the power and all the display , could you please tell me how to get speed? i will be thankful to you! with best regards, naui!

My Cars
    BMW E36 and E92
    damone6969 the OBC can be changed to any unit of measure. also if you search Secret Functions if i remember correctly there is a function that can allow you to change where you are.

here it is function 10(you might not be able to change function 10...but either way u can change the units):
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...cret+functions

M42 Club Member 188- 1994 318is

My Cars
    BMW E36 and E92
    check out my DIY:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2333443/2

i believe that the WHT/GRY wire in (X1071 white connector in OBC) that goes to the instrument cluster (X17-pin 10) connects the OBC to the speedometer if i remember correctly.

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by sugoi74 View Post
    hi! many thanks for the detailed conversion, i am also one of the bmw fans and owns it, i got the power and all the display , could you please tell me how to get speed? i will be thankful to you! with best regards, naui!
    The road speed signal is carried by the SW/WS (black/white) wires, if that is the signal you are after, going to comb-splice X188 in the terminal block on the left wall of the driver's footwell.

My Cars
    318i
    Could someone give me directions for insalling the 7 button OBC (temp/clock)?
    I had the analog clock by factory default, and I want to change it, I managed to get the clock to work, but the temperature just wont work.
    Thanx

My Cars
    E36, F10, W205
    Quote Originally Posted by dlight26 View Post
    check out my DIY:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2333443/2

i believe that the WHT/GRY wire in (X1071 white connector in OBC) that goes to the instrument cluster (X17-pin 10) connects the OBC to the speedometer if i remember correctly.
    sounds about right.

my car was missing this pin. Range and Distance did not work until i fitted a female contact pin into position 10 on X17. Speed & Consumption worked though.

My Cars
    328IS
    No problem at all. I'm in the same situation as you and all worked well.

My Cars
    92 bmw 325
    Hi , is there anyone from the las vegas area who could do the instalation in my 92 bmw 325 of the obc ?
    thanks for any information you can give me

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    Quote Originally Posted by gkoutsis View Post
    its normal that you have the check control inact msg as you don't have the check control module.

I am in the same situation as you.

I am in the process of purschasing a used CCM and wire all the sensors.
    I am going to retro fit my car with the computer (from nothing) to full 18 button with CCM (working)

For this i need a full list of sensors and locations for the CCM module if possible.
    I know it checks the washer level, the back and front lights (not sure which bulbs exactly it checks), it has a link to a double switch on the brake pedal (photo would be nice), checks the rear spoiler light......... thats all i got so far.

How thick do the wires need to be that run to the backs lights, will computer network cable do?

thanks
    Last edited by shoulders; 06-11-2007 at 11:13 AM.

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    CAT-5 cable is mostly likely too small for the vehicle fuses.

BMW uses 1mm^2 wire to the headlights and 0.75 mm^2 to everything else.
    Last edited by johnf; 06-12-2007 at 03:31 AM.

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    hi,

after reading this thread, pelican parts article, wiring at the begining of this thread and lys install instructions I have a few questions to finish my wiring diagram with pretty much everything connected. I will make available when i have installed in my car and checked what i can.

pin 2 on x1070 (black) connects to the exterior lights system, where is best to do this?

pin 8 on x1070, is CBE another name for ZKE, i am assuming this is the large module behind the glove box. is the black connector similiar to the one on the obd? If connecting in fuse box (engine bay) do you just connect in to one of those splicing bits of plastic already there?

pin 9, where would i connect this, accoding to lys i should connect it to the blue dash connector x17 (pin 26), it then show it going to a fuse F23, which should i connect it to or is it the same thing

pin 13, pelican says connect this to the white dash connector pin 2 where as lys and bimmerJon say connect to blue dash connector pin 2 (x17). is pelican wrong?

pin 14 , this says connect to pre heater relays x607 pin 4, where would this connector be? also lys shows this connection going to fuse 45 'HOT IN RUN OR START' again which is right or are they the same thing?

pin 16, this is the interior light feed, can i just use the feed from the analogue clock (grey/red i think). if not where should i connect, no previous computer. it is mainly for voltage, i dont want to fry my computer.

on the x1071 white connector

pin 1, what is the black/violette wire in the passengers side.

pin 8 can i use the power supply from the clock here for the computer, also where would i find fuse F31 (its says front power distubution block, is the behind the glove box)

pin 13, can i use the clocks ground wire for ground, i do not know what G203 is.

pin 14, lys shows that i can connect it to pin 4, x607 on the aircon, is this the connector on the back of the climate control unit, and what would this do

I know that i am asking a lot of questions but it is mainly to fill in the blanks even after readin all of this thread and the install instructions.

thanks for any help

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    After double checking all the connections against a real check control computer wiring harness(which appears not to have had a CCM, wiered) these questions pop up.

where is best to connect the x1070 (black) pin 2 blue/red wire to the external lights?, behind the steering wheel somewhere?

where to connect x1070 (black) pin 9. i have 2 options here. pin 4 (x17) blue dashboard connector (by lys) or pin 13 (x16) white dashboard connector (bimmerjon)?

where to connect x1071 (white) pin 14? Lys says pin 4 x607. this is something to do with climate control. which i have. bimmerjon also shows the preheating relay connection to x607. Should this connector have a different name and be the one on the back of the A/C. on my original harness the black plug pin 14 (x1070) goes in to a connector block in the drivers side!

lastly on my wiring i have 2 wires unaccounted for coming out of my x1071 white plug.

pin 2 (vio/grn/yel) and goes to a connector strip in the drivers footwell, what does it do?
    pin 3 (blue/blk), this wire has been cut and appears to go through in to the engine bay fuse box.

HELP please, this is driving me nuts. lol

thanks

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by shoulders View Post
    where to connect x1071 (white) pin 14? Lys says pin 4 x607. this is something to do with climate control. which i have.
    That goes to the park ventilation relay and corresponding input of the IHKA or IHKR. You don't say which "climate control" you have.

lastly on my wiring i have 2 wires unaccounted for coming out of my x1071 white plug.

pin 2 (vio/grn/yel) and goes to a connector strip in the drivers footwell, what does it do?
    pin 3 (blue/blk), this wire has been cut and appears to go through in to the engine bay fuse box.
    My BC V diagrams don't show those colors or pins.

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    How can i identify my climate control?

Mine is fully digital and is the top version i beleive, climate control not air conditioning.

I am trying to track down these last wires, my car is a euro if that makes any difference.

I am not sure what a park ventilation relay does?

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    That goes to the park ventilation relay and corresponding input of the IHKA or IHKR. You don't say which "climate control" you have.

My BC V diagrams don't show those colors or pins.
    I have found the blk/blu wire is connected directly to this box made by hella. 65 81 8 354 172 and ETK labels this as a relay (very helpful). the next thing is that the constant power feed for the OBD computer comes from this box (re/yel/gry).It goes from the box to a '2' pronged splicer (just connects these 2 wires only) to the computer using the red/yel/grey wire.

connections on the box

red - mains 12v+
    blk/blu - a thin wire, goes direct to the obd
    blk/blu - a thicker wire, (and goes to the blk/blue splicer in the engine bay i think)
    red/yel/gry - supplies power to the obd

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    You have the IHKA, integrated, automatic heating and air conditioning.

Park ventilation runs the passenger compartment blower for 30 minutes to cool the interior on a hot, sunny day, before you climb in.

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    the module 65 81 8 354 172 apparently is something to do with body computer system (bently 1997 wiring), anyone know whether i want this or not? (i like gadgets), it could also be connected to 1 device like air con or temp sensor.

The Blue/black wire (or blk/blue) wire is the key.

This might be a connections to the central body electronics (the internal bus or the K line thing), is this still required?

My Cars
    1997 318is (M44) 1.9L
    I have now install my fuel computer in to my BMw e36 which only had the analogue clock. I even connected all the wires on the gong/chime. Everything works, Thanks to BimmerJon, johnF and Lys.

I am going to write a noobies install guide as i found the instructions on this thread hard and not everything matched up, likes colours of plugs etc.

Things to do:

retrofit CCM (check control module), anyone got any instructions.
    Find where to attach my aircon wire (x1071 (white plug) pin 14).
    Find out what the relay box 65 81 8 354 172 does and where it goes.
    where do the white plug pin 2 and 3 go (1997 wiring)

My Cars
    BMW E36 and E92
    anyone who was installed a 18 button OBC without the CCM u can turn off that annoying CHECK CONTROL INACTIVE message via the secret functions

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ck+Control+Fix

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast