Thread: M3 engine bay paint ?

My Cars
    '99 M3

M3 engine bay paint ?

Does anybody know where I can get some paint that will match the color of the paint used in the engine bay, preferably in a spray can? I would like to touch up a small area on my strut tower that the edge of my heatshield has been resting against.

Thanks for your help!
    '99 ///M3 13.766 @ 100.12
    Gruppe M style CF intake, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Kosei K1's, Motorsport side molding badges, Rieger gt cup front spoiler, OEM ///M5 trunk lip spoiler, 6000k HID+Predator Chromium angel eyes w/parking light delete, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Eibach springs, Rogue Engineering RSM's

My Cars
    If yours is painted to match the exterior like mine is I would just look for a close match in a spray can at the local auto parts store.

You might find though that the underhood paint isn't clear-coated(mine isn't at least) so it will be shinier than the rest of the area if you only do one spot.

My Cars
    '99 M3
    U1arunit,

When you say that yours is painted to match the exterior, I'm assuming you didn't pull everything out of the engine bay to repaint, correct? I'm pretty sure that if I use the BMW silver touch-up paint that spot will indeed not match up, but not because the touch-up paint has clearcoat in it, because the clearcoat comes in a different bottle that comes in the same package as the touch-up paint.

BTW, that's one sweet car you got there! That Montreal Blue looks just like the Avus blue on the '95 M3's, which is my favorite color right there alongside Dakar yellow.
    '99 ///M3 13.766 @ 100.12
    Gruppe M style CF intake, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Kosei K1's, Motorsport side molding badges, Rieger gt cup front spoiler, OEM ///M5 trunk lip spoiler, 6000k HID+Predator Chromium angel eyes w/parking light delete, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Eibach springs, Rogue Engineering RSM's

My Cars
    NLR,

Maybe you could use the base color without the clear coat? I haven't used the BMW brand of touch up paint so I am not sure. I am used to it coming as a single bottle without any extra clear.

I meant to say that my strut towers are painted blue to match the outside of the car but they are not clear coated or shiny. It almost looks like the base-coat type paint without the clear on the top of it. My rad support is this way as well. I would imagine that this is the way they are supposed to come..? Can anyone else comment?

BTW, thanks for the kind words about the car.