Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Bmw E36 Ptg

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,187
    My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

    MaShaw

    Unless Mike has changed his molds around dramatically, he sells the E46 nose that most of the kits went out with, or, he sells a "VERSION" of an E36 nose that incorporates a wide and deep undertray, as well as a front lip or splitter.

    This nose incorporates the kidney grill, full bumper cover, and matches his fenders pretty well.

    It does NOT however look "just like" an E36 PTG car did. The E36 PTG cars mimic the M3 LTW in overall size and shape, with a flat bottom, and a "blank" usually in the middle filled up, and often painted black.

    ABLOriginalParts.com or Don has some photos of the MaShaw E36 styled bumper cover of which I speak...and you can see the differences when you look, they are particularly apparent on the sides where the fenders flow into the bumper covers.

    Mike's fenders are dramatically different from PTG as well, and designed to match asthetically the rear fenders, and more importantly get rid of a gap that would be virtually insurmountable above the tires in front without dramatic chassis corrections. (in a word, you can't slam an E36 in front and expect it to perform unless you do a lot... and even then you'd better know what you're doing. They tubbed their cars in front I believe towards the end)

    Alex.

    As to that cooling hose? Um... I guess it could swing around to the other side of the car and cool the alternator... when I said it came from the right fog light, I meant, passenger side of car, not the side where the alternator actually sits... but... perhaps it does cross over? Any one look at the photo buckets to see what I meant?
    Last edited by M3 Euro LTW; 07-12-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: cooling duct question
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

    For Sale: E36 325 MTechnic with S54 on stock DME TBA

    Trying to make the world a better place with 5 or now 7 extra throttle bodies at a time.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,311
    My Cars
    Cosmos M3


    They liked ambers so much, they painted the fake corners that way! Ambers FTW!

    I want to buy your Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8 AF-D (Two-Ring) lens! Let me know.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8#post20192178

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,413
    My Cars
    e36 m3, 71 2002



    i never get tired of seeing pics of this car....

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    5,579
    My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Thanks for the Pics! Love the PTG cars from the era....share more!!

    John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

    ***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,413
    My Cars
    e36 m3, 71 2002




    ok now im just posting random pics for no reason...






  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    4,100
    My Cars
    1995 M3, 1992 Saab 900, 2003 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ethirtysixmiii View Post



    i never get tired of seeing pics of this car....


    Me either, thats me standing behind it! I stood like that in awe the entire day.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    518
    Posts
    12,726
    My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Euro LTW View Post
    Unless Mike has changed his molds around dramatically, he sells the E46 nose that most of the kits went out with, or, he sells a "VERSION" of an E36 nose that incorporates a wide and deep undertray, as well as a front lip or splitter.

    This nose incorporates the kidney grill, full bumper cover, and matches his fenders pretty well.

    It does NOT however look "just like" an E36 PTG car did. The E36 PTG cars mimic the M3 LTW in overall size and shape, with a flat bottom, and a "blank" usually in the middle filled up, and often painted black.

    ABLOriginalParts.com or Don has some photos of the MaShaw E36 styled bumper cover of which I speak...and you can see the differences when you look, they are particularly apparent on the sides where the fenders flow into the bumper covers.

    Mike's fenders are dramatically different from PTG as well, and designed to match asthetically the rear fenders, and more importantly get rid of a gap that would be virtually insurmountable above the tires in front without dramatic chassis corrections. (in a word, you can't slam an E36 in front and expect it to perform unless you do a lot... and even then you'd better know what you're doing. They tubbed their cars in front I believe towards the end)

    Alex.

    As to that cooling hose? Um... I guess it could swing around to the other side of the car and cool the alternator... when I said it came from the right fog light, I meant, passenger side of car, not the side where the alternator actually sits... but... perhaps it does cross over? Any one look at the photo buckets to see what I meant?

    like this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post


    They liked ambers so much, they painted the fake corners that way! Ambers FTW!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,080
    My Cars
    94 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    I wish there was a place that had universal hood louvres that looked like the PTG one.

    The ones I keep finding have the vents coming out of the hood, instead of sitting inside of it.

    -Don
    i dont know if this helps any, but on my old jeep i used La-Baron GT hood vents... they were nice. got them at a junk yard for like 10 bucks, cleaned em up and painted them. they worked perfectly...


    OR...
    my friends had these... they are like the PTG ones, just a little smaller...
    idk if this helps?
    http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=117

    -Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater Salad View Post
    Do not trust any fart.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Arcadia, CA
    Posts
    670
    My Cars
    1995 M3, 2007 GTI, 2005 Elise
    one of the best looking race car EVER!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,187
    My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

    Minor updates to thread

    There is a great photo of the E36 Shaw bumper in the thread now, in the track photo of the white/blue Kathan E36 car, THAT is the bumper Shaw has, minus the little winglets.

    The intake cooling hose I spoke of is for the harmonic balancer, it directs cool, fresh air onto that to preserve it.

    Great photos!
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

    For Sale: E36 325 MTechnic with S54 on stock DME TBA

    Trying to make the world a better place with 5 or now 7 extra throttle bodies at a time.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    145
    My Cars
    1996 328is
    I'm seriously considering this kit. I'm completely in love with it. However, if I do widebody my E36, i have to officially get a storage spot cause it will no long fit in my garage (or it would be a tight squeeze which i would need help to put the car in every single time).

    1996 328is Mods List:
    | 17" factory LTW's | 3.15 LSD | Dinan CF CAI | Tein springs | Brembo rotors slotted and crossdrilled | M-tech bumper front/rear | M-tech mirrors | M-tech spoiler | Luxo sideskirts | M-mouldings | Umnitza smoked corners | Euro tails | DEPO Gen IV's with predator chromium AE's and 8k HID's (55w) |

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Saratoga/San Jose
    Posts
    4,069
    My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Don are you going to build a replica kit? I want one. Preferably a GTR kit but a PTG would be fine too.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    7,446
    My Cars
    Cadillac
    Well I have now fapped twice to those pictures, just can't get enough of them.

    Previous cars: 1994 325i Vert, 1996 328i Sedan, 1998 740i, 1999 740il....current car: 1996 328is Sport/5 speed/black on black

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    17,557
    My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DiScoTeknix View Post
    Don are you going to build a replica kit? I want one. Preferably a GTR kit but a PTG would be fine too.
    Sure. Give me 4-5k and I will get you one, minus hood/spoiler.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    380
    My Cars
    2001 E46 M43TUB18 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ischef View Post
    in motion

    Only missing the e21 groupe 5

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahaska, Pa
    Posts
    152
    My Cars
    BMW M3
    it was there but there was an issue with the engine that weekend. As I recall Tom Milner Jr. had it out last before that.....

    tsk tsk

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bethlehem/Philadelphia pa
    Posts
    8,622
    My Cars
    99 740i,535xi,z4 mcoupe
    Darn i have a ton of them and theyre on the computer down stairs. Brb

    Edit: okay here we go, some arent true ptg but I didnt have time to differentiate. The all white ones are from the ptg factory minus the first i think.











    Last edited by jhstealth; 08-11-2009 at 02:44 AM.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SANDIEGO
    Posts
    231
    My Cars
    99 m3/2

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tempe, Az
    Posts
    2,204
    My Cars
    SOLD - BIG BLUE NOW
    more of this one



    ┌∩┐^_^┌∩┐

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    riverside
    Posts
    357
    My Cars
    BMW
    Isn't that one a hill climb car with a V8? Or am I thinking of something different?

    This one, here -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGTBWmN41s[/ame]
    Last edited by aaron86; 08-11-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    You should've seen the internet explode with whiners when BMW changed the "2002", to the "3 series". It was crazy.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    17,557
    My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The white/blue BMW is a Flossman widebody/car.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    17,557
    My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Bump for more fun pictures.

    Need some more inspiration.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,560
    My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    dont you own one now? thought you did

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    17,557
    My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinE36M3 View Post
    dont you own one now? thought you did
    Yes, but it's always nice to look are more/other pictures of the PTG cars to get some new sticker ideas, wheel choices/colors, etc.

    -Don

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    534
    My Cars
    e36 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Yes, but it's always nice to look are more/other pictures of the PTG cars to get some new sticker ideas, wheel choices/colors, etc.

    -Don
    haha this is the exact thread i looked at almost a year ago before i was even a member of bimmerforums to get more pictures of the ptg e36. anyway because your awesome:

    not much here in terms of angles but whatever:

    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1&postcount=24

    took me FOREVER to find these haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •