Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bmw E36 Ptg

My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

MaShaw

Unless Mike has changed his molds around dramatically, he sells the E46 nose that most of the kits went out with, or, he sells a "VERSION" of an E36 nose that incorporates a wide and deep undertray, as well as a front lip or splitter.

This nose incorporates the kidney grill, full bumper cover, and matches his fenders pretty well.

It does NOT however look "just like" an E36 PTG car did. The E36 PTG cars mimic the M3 LTW in overall size and shape, with a flat bottom, and a "blank" usually in the middle filled up, and often painted black.

ABLOriginalParts.com or Don has some photos of the MaShaw E36 styled bumper cover of which I speak...and you can see the differences when you look, they are particularly apparent on the sides where the fenders flow into the bumper covers.

Mike's fenders are dramatically different from PTG as well, and designed to match asthetically the rear fenders, and more importantly get rid of a gap that would be virtually insurmountable above the tires in front without dramatic chassis corrections. (in a word, you can't slam an E36 in front and expect it to perform unless you do a lot... and even then you'd better know what you're doing. They tubbed their cars in front I believe towards the end)

Alex.

As to that cooling hose? Um... I guess it could swing around to the other side of the car and cool the alternator... when I said it came from the right fog light, I meant, passenger side of car, not the side where the alternator actually sits... but... perhaps it does cross over? Any one look at the photo buckets to see what I meant?
    Last edited by M3 Euro LTW; 07-12-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: cooling duct question
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

Trying to make the world a better place with 5 extra throttle bodies at a time.

My Cars
    Cosmos M3

They liked ambers so much, they painted the fake corners that way! Ambers FTW!

I want to buy your Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8 AF-D (Two-Ring) lens! Let me know.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...8#post20192178

My Cars
    e36 m3, 71 2002

i never get tired of seeing pics of this car....

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Thanks for the Pics! Love the PTG cars from the era....share more!!

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    e36 m3, 71 2002

ok now im just posting random pics for no reason...

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1992 Saab 900, 2003 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ethirtysixmiii View Post

i never get tired of seeing pics of this car....

Me either, thats me standing behind it! I stood like that in awe the entire day.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Euro LTW View Post
    Unless Mike has changed his molds around dramatically, he sells the E46 nose that most of the kits went out with, or, he sells a "VERSION" of an E36 nose that incorporates a wide and deep undertray, as well as a front lip or splitter.

This nose incorporates the kidney grill, full bumper cover, and matches his fenders pretty well.

It does NOT however look "just like" an E36 PTG car did. The E36 PTG cars mimic the M3 LTW in overall size and shape, with a flat bottom, and a "blank" usually in the middle filled up, and often painted black.

ABLOriginalParts.com or Don has some photos of the MaShaw E36 styled bumper cover of which I speak...and you can see the differences when you look, they are particularly apparent on the sides where the fenders flow into the bumper covers.

Mike's fenders are dramatically different from PTG as well, and designed to match asthetically the rear fenders, and more importantly get rid of a gap that would be virtually insurmountable above the tires in front without dramatic chassis corrections. (in a word, you can't slam an E36 in front and expect it to perform unless you do a lot... and even then you'd better know what you're doing. They tubbed their cars in front I believe towards the end)

Alex.

As to that cooling hose? Um... I guess it could swing around to the other side of the car and cool the alternator... when I said it came from the right fog light, I meant, passenger side of car, not the side where the alternator actually sits... but... perhaps it does cross over? Any one look at the photo buckets to see what I meant?

like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

They liked ambers so much, they painted the fake corners that way! Ambers FTW!

My Cars
    94 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    I wish there was a place that had universal hood louvres that looked like the PTG one.

The ones I keep finding have the vents coming out of the hood, instead of sitting inside of it.

-Don
    i dont know if this helps any, but on my old jeep i used La-Baron GT hood vents... they were nice. got them at a junk yard for like 10 bucks, cleaned em up and painted them. they worked perfectly...

OR...
    my friends had these... they are like the PTG ones, just a little smaller...
    idk if this helps?
    http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=117

-Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater Salad View Post
    Do not trust any fart.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2007 GTI, 2005 Elise
    one of the best looking race car EVER!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

Minor updates to thread

There is a great photo of the E36 Shaw bumper in the thread now, in the track photo of the white/blue Kathan E36 car, THAT is the bumper Shaw has, minus the little winglets.

The intake cooling hose I spoke of is for the harmonic balancer, it directs cool, fresh air onto that to preserve it.

Great photos!
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

Trying to make the world a better place with 5 extra throttle bodies at a time.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I'm seriously considering this kit. I'm completely in love with it. However, if I do widebody my E36, i have to officially get a storage spot cause it will no long fit in my garage (or it would be a tight squeeze which i would need help to put the car in every single time).
    1999 BMW M3/2
    Fern Green | Sand Beige | 5spd | LTW's | Bilstein PSS9 | Bosch Projectors | Dinan SSK

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Don are you going to build a replica kit? I want one. Preferably a GTR kit but a PTG would be fine too.

My Cars
    Cadillac
    Well I have now fapped twice to those pictures, just can't get enough of them.

Previous cars: 1994 325i Vert, 1996 328i Sedan, 1998 740i, 1999 740il....current car: 1996 328is Sport/5 speed/black on black

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DiScoTeknix View Post
    Don are you going to build a replica kit? I want one. Preferably a GTR kit but a PTG would be fine too.
    Sure. Give me 4-5k and I will get you one, minus hood/spoiler.

My Cars
    2001 E46 M43TUB18 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ischef View Post
    in motion

Only missing the e21 groupe 5

My Cars
    BMW M3
    it was there but there was an issue with the engine that weekend. As I recall Tom Milner Jr. had it out last before that.....

tsk tsk

My Cars
    99 740i,535xi,z4 mcoupe
    Darn i have a ton of them and theyre on the computer down stairs. Brb

Edit: okay here we go, some arent true ptg but I didnt have time to differentiate. The all white ones are from the ptg factory minus the first i think.

Last edited by jhstealth; 08-11-2009 at 01:44 AM.

My Cars
    99 m3/2

My Cars
    SOLD - BIG BLUE NOW
    more of this one

┌∩┐^_^┌∩┐

My Cars
    BMW
    Isn't that one a hill climb car with a V8? Or am I thinking of something different?

This one, here -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGTBWmN41s[/ame]
    Last edited by aaron86; 08-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.
    You should've seen the internet explode with whiners when BMW changed the "2002", to the "3 series". It was crazy.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The white/blue BMW is a Flossman widebody/car.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Bump for more fun pictures.

Need some more inspiration.

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    dont you own one now? thought you did

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinE36M3 View Post
    dont you own one now? thought you did
    Yes, but it's always nice to look are more/other pictures of the PTG cars to get some new sticker ideas, wheel choices/colors, etc.

-Don

My Cars
    e36 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Yes, but it's always nice to look are more/other pictures of the PTG cars to get some new sticker ideas, wheel choices/colors, etc.

-Don
    haha this is the exact thread i looked at almost a year ago before i was even a member of bimmerforums to get more pictures of the ptg e36. anyway because your awesome:

not much here in terms of angles but whatever:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1&postcount=24

took me FOREVER to find these haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast