Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [bsw] Official DICE iPod Kit Video Installation Guides

My Cars
    E39 540/6, E70 X5, F06
    Must one buy the Sirius Satellite option at time of original purchase or can that be added at a later date after installation of either the DICE DUO Silverline or DICE MediaBridge?

Looks like a great product.

Thanks!

L

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by 95///M3 View Post
    My DICE kit has been problematic since day one.

Simply put, it doesn't work. The interface is terrible when it does 'decide' to function.

Stay away.
    I had a similar experience. Tried lots of tech calls and emails but nothing makes it work correctly. When you start the car after sitting for at least 30 min the ipod will work. Stop the car and shut it off, go into the store and come out, start the car, no ipod. Open glove box, PIA, disconnect ipod, PIA, press ipod button to start it, connect wiring to DICE, PIA, and it works fine until you shut the car off and start it a short time later. They were never able to fix the problem. 2002 E46 330Cic, business CD, no satellite, no nav. Disappointed, but I'm a republican = used to being disappointed.

My Cars
    Jeep Cherokee
    Thanks for all the great info!

My Cars
    jnames94YE

My problem

I have some problems with - see the topic Shortly I write about what's going on

My Cars
    Bavsound
    For those of you who are experiencing difficulty with your Dice products feel free to contact me directly via email and I will be happy to work with you to get you up and running as designed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luftpost View Post
    Must one buy the Sirius Satellite option at time of original purchase or can that be added at a later date after installation of either the DICE DUO Silverline or DICE MediaBridge?

Looks like a great product.

Thanks!

L
    You are able to add that at any point in time, no need to order it with the Duo or Mediabridge if you are undecided at the time of purchase!
    Jeremy Whittle
    jeremyw@bavsound.com

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
    www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

My Cars
    325is s52, 98 M3
    99 BMW m3 and I for the life of me can not get it to stop shuffling songs.

My Cars
    2004 C230i

Silverline or Silverline Pro - How to know

I recently purchased a 2004 C230i that has a Dice DL-0308 Silverline IPOD integration device installed. How do I know if it's the PRO model that allows changing IPOD control to HU control by locking or unlocking the Ipod? (I don't have any documention on the Dice product.)

My Cars
    325is s52, 98 M3
    It would seem ipad integration hasn't happened yet... Any plans to add it?

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328xi wagon
    Is there one of these for a 3 series e91,92,93?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328 SportsWagon

Dice Duo Silverline and BMW iPod connection kit.

I am planning to install a Dice Duo Silverline into a 2009 328i Sportswagon with Nav which already has the BMW connection kit in the center armrest (USB + Stereo Jack)

Is it possible to maintain functionality with the BMW Connection Kit in the center armrest for keeping a 80+ GB iPod in the arm rest while using an iPhone mounted with ProClips to the dashboard connected via the Dice Duo?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    this is great info, thanks

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330XI

Dice installation

I have the dice interface but can't really figure out on how to install it! Does any of you know of someone who can install it for me?

I'm in Michigan

My Cars
    7th bmw 2003 325i

Mediabridge 1500 bmw kit troubles

I installed the dice mediabridge in my 03 325i with a business cd 53 and it has stopped working in bluetooth mode with my htc evo. I have tried several times to get answers from audiovox they dont have a number so you have to to chat with them and all they do is send me links to the manuals... It worked fine with my first phone and when I had to get a new one I cleared the pairing and it wont go into discoverable mode and the voice prompts stopped working and all i get now is both menus in blue tooth mode and thirty seconds later it goes to off... any special instruction to fix this or do I have a defective one?

My Cars
    2004 325i
    Never had good experiences with DICE products. Shoddy support.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    We handle support and swaps directly. Takes that out of the equation. The reality is that they are quite reliable. We actually have one of the beta MediaBridges in my wife's X5. It has been in there since before they were actually released. Still chugging along right now!

My Cars
    Canada
    See if there are 2 clearly marked latch levers located on the roof of the luggage compartment one for each side, this is in the owners manual as well. They
    are just inside the opening when the trunk lid is open.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by takeitez View Post
    I installed the dice mediabridge in my 03 325i with a business cd 53 and it has stopped working in bluetooth mode with my htc evo. I have tried several times to get answers from audiovox they dont have a number so you have to to chat with them and all they do is send me links to the manuals... It worked fine with my first phone and when I had to get a new one I cleared the pairing and it wont go into discoverable mode and the voice prompts stopped working and all i get now is both menus in blue tooth mode and thirty seconds later it goes to off... any special instruction to fix this or do I have a defective one?
    With the MB still connected, disconnect the vehicle battery for 5 minutes to force the module to reinitialize. Make sure to delete the MB from your phone in the meantime. Once reconnected, select Bluetooth as your MB source. Once in BT let it sit at that selection for 5-10 seconds to 'lock it in' to the BT source. Next press Disc/Preset 5 and then press Track Up or Track Down. This will delete all paired devices, which should be empty anyway but it also forces the MB to go into pairing mode. At this point DISCOVERABLE (or something similar) should display on the radio. You now have about 60-90 seconds to search for the MB on your phone and pair it up.

Side note: Before you do all this (or while the battery is disconnected) it's a good idea to perform a soft reset on your iPhone/iPod. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously. After 20-30 seconds the phone will shut off --keep holding the buttons together-- once the phone turns back on and the Apple logo is displayed, let go of the buttons and let it boot up like normal.

My Cars
    2004 325xit
    I just bought a 04 325xi that has the business class. What is your recommendation for a bluetooth/iphone solution?

The car has no options as far as sos but has an ipod coccector. The only thing displayed while playing mudic is track number. I would like to see artist songs playlists etc.

My Cars
    2003 540i Sport
    I have a DICE set up hard wired to my car, but it looks like some bits are missing, any ideas what I need? Can send/email pix as I cannot function with images sizes allowed here o.O
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport
    So I recently purchased a used Dice Silverline.
    I know I installed it correctly but on the cluster is says "detached". Is this unit not compatible with a iPhone 4S?
    My main concern is that I just screwed myself I was looking around for answers and I came across a thread that stated iOS had to be an older firmware. Now were into iOS 6 and apple will not allow you to sync music without updating.
    What are my options?

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    2002 525i premium/sport package Sterling Grey 30% tint all around. College student just trying to afford to drive it.

My Cars
    Nissan
    Quote Originally Posted by risurfdog View Post
    I just bought a 04 325xi that has the business class. What is your recommendation for a bluetooth/iphone solution?

The car has no options as far as sos but has an ipod coccector. The only thing displayed while playing mudic is track number. I would like to see artist songs playlists etc.
    The MediaBridge kit by Audiovox will do what you're looking for. I'm available to answer any questions you might have about it.

My Cars
    Nissan
    Quote Originally Posted by overwerked1 View Post
    I have a DICE set up hard wired to my car, but it looks like some bits are missing, any ideas what I need? Can send/email pix as I cannot function with images sizes allowed here o.O
    If you haven't gotten an answer to this yet, you can send me a picture and I'll let you know what's needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by risurfdog View Post

Both the Control III from BSW and the MediaBridge from Audiovox will do what you're looking for. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i Sport
    Received my DICE/Audiovox Mediabridge from Amazon yesterday. Install was ridiculously easy.
    After i velcroed the unit behind the glovebox I went to remove it and the damn cover broke loose on one side. Didn't expect it to be that cheaply made.
    Other than that,all work well.

My Cars
    Bmw 730d
    Does this audio vox work with I drive I have a 2006 bmw 730d and I want to be able to connect my iPhone 6plus I don't really mind if I can't control the music through the idrive I just want to be able to have my music from my phone playing through my car stereo any suggestions ?

My Cars
    2005 BMW X3 3.0
    I am brand new to these forums. I have a 2005 BMW X3 3.0, no DSP, no nav and am very interested in integrating my iPhone 5s (and later models) into the OEM stereo. Does anyone have advice on what product would allow me to do this (if it exists?). Has anyone successfully done this on a like model BMW?

Thank you!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast