Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [bsw] Official DICE iPod Kit Video Installation Guides

My Cars
    E36 328i Cabrio
    Just 1 quick question, as there is one on ebay at the moment and these don't come up often here in the UK (that I've seen in the past 2/3 weeks).

Does it work with a 1st Gen ipod which has the latest updates? (reason for asking and mentioning updates is because my Alpine iPod interface I had on my IVAD300R said No to 1st gen but updating the ipod let it work).

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    The iPhone 3G is supported and the newest kits offer 5V USB charging. We ship all docks with the universal insert as many customers have mulitple iPods. However you can get the iPhone specific dock from your local apple store. They are ~3 dollars and snap right into the dock.

If you get the cable you still have the steering wheel controls and text display. Or you can switch to simple mode and control from the iPod itself

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Converti
    A big thank you to Halston and everyone at BSW. I purchase the Dice system with spec.dock ashtray mount for my 2002 M3 Convertible. The online videos were perfect and easy to follow. Total install time was 1 1/2 hours. Again, thank you, I love the product and the service!!

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by ljramsey View Post
    A big thank you to Halston and everyone at BSW. I purchase the Dice system with spec.dock ashtray mount for my 2002 M3 Convertible. The online videos were perfect and easy to follow. Total install time was 1 1/2 hours. Again, thank you, I love the product and the service!!
    Glad we could help!

Welcome to the forums! Try not to get addicted!

My Cars
    '06 Z4, Camry hybrid
    A couple of questions. For my '06 Z4 I'll need to purchase the Silverline Pro. That will allow me to connect the iPod and store it in the trunk, glovebox, etc. If I want to mount the iPod in the ashtray I need to separately purchase the 2point5 spec dock. Is that correct?

Do I need to purchase the DSP Adapter for BMW iPod Int. Kits or the iPod/iPhone Int. Kit Cable?

Lastly. Not too sure I want to handle this install. Are there any authorized installers I can go to? I live in southeastern Virginia (Norfolk, Va Beach, Chesapeake area).

Thanks
    My first BMW, '06 BMW Z4 3.0si w/premium & sport packages & Xenon headlights
    Should have done this a while ago!!!!!

My Cars
    Various Prototype BMW's
    Exactly. The Silverline Pro is the interface that we are currently shipping. It will allow you to store the iPod in the location of your choosing. However, if you want the 2point5 spec.dock, it is a separate piece and can be added to your order as you're selecting your options.

With your car being an '06, the odds of you needing the DSP adapter are slim. If it turns out you did need it we could get one out to you the next day.

As for a shop in the VA area, I can't think of any that we've worked with previously. But honestly, the install is very straightforward and provided you don't need the DSP adapter shouldn't take you more than an hour to complete.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions at jws@bavsound.com.
    Jason Seaver | Founding Partner | Product Engineer
    e: jws@bavsound.com
    Bavsound | Audio Solutions Engineered Specifically For Your BMW
    www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

My Cars
    '03 I35, '06 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Halston Pitman View Post
    The iPhone 3G is supported and the newest kits offer 5V USB charging. We ship all docks with the universal insert as many customers have mulitple iPods. However you can get the iPhone specific dock from your local apple store. They are ~3 dollars and snap right into the dock.

If you get the cable you still have the steering wheel controls and text display. Or you can switch to simple mode and control from the iPod itself
    For the DICE Kit can you control both from the steering wheel controls and the Ipod/Iphone at the same time, or do you have to choose between the two?
    "In 1959, we had 50 disks, each 24" in diameter, continuously spinning at a speed of 1200RPM, capable of storing 6MB of data (a staggering 12MB if your company opted for the double-capacity versions). The size of this thing? 400-sq ft space required, and only 6,200lbs."

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i
    nice vids. bookmarking this thread

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i
    I just had a few questions about this Dice setup with the Spec Dock. I have a 2003 325i.

1.) This will disable the ability to play cd's in the cd player, correct?

2.) The audio is sent through the USB cable, so it is pretty much perfect digital quality?

3.) Can I browse, and select the songs by using the ipod controls while it is hooked up to the USB cable? I don't really want to go through 5000 songs using the stereo controls.

4.) Can I search on the Ipod through all the usually artist, song, playlist, album options that it has when in use by itself? I am not limited just to a certain number of playlists?

5.) Does the ipod get in the way at all when trying to shift, or put the car in park? It seems like the space may be kind of tight.

6.) Will I have to control the audio with both the iPod and the CD Player controls to balance it just right, or is the iPod volume control disabled, and the CD Player control takes over completely ? What about the EQ/base and treble?

7.) Does it stop charging the iPod when the car engine is off and the key removed? Are there any problems with it draining the car battery?

8.) Can you still have the time displayed on the face of the cd player, instead of scrolling text?

Thank You
    Last edited by truthaddict; 09-26-2009 at 12:46 AM.

My Cars
    2001 525i

dice silverline pro is awesome!

with all the fuss and wide range of comments regarding the dice ipod integration for bmw i just installed mine on my 2001 525i and it might be the best $ ever spent other (than the $9500 for the car) no problems easy install works exactly as advertised...I do believe the most current product (the silverline Pro) is probably much improved and all the bugs are out, you can now easily operate the ipod itself with the new smart mode ......after install I took a drive for an hour or soit is AWESOME!!!! I bought mine from bavarian soundwerks and the service was great if you are thinking about it......do it!

My Cars
    ñangara GT
    Sorry...didnt' read all posts....
    318ti (I know the website states it is NOT supported)
    However....it has a E36 BMW CD43 swaped from a MZ3.
    Ti does not have CD changer, only tiny amp in left part of trunk/hatch.

So, can I make it work?
    Thanks....SB

My Cars
    '98 M3, '06 X5
    Halston,

I emailed you tonight regarding some questions I have with the Dice iPod kit. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience, I'd appreciate it!!

Cheers,
    Will

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 1996 328ci
    Hi Halston,

Just wanted to check with you, Still no DICE for the E60 (2006 530xI)? I am very interested in doing this, I just got a E60, but I can't seem to find the Iphone integration kit for this car.

Thanks

My Cars
    2011 M3 Sedan DCT ZCP

BSW Auxiliary Audio Input Kit for 2003 E39, DSP & Nav

Hi Jason,

I'm interested in the Aux Audio Input Kit for my 2003 E39, DSP / Nav.

1) Do I need to purchase the DICE BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit for 5 Series/M5 97-03 (E39) - SILVERLINE Pro to get the BSW Auxiliary Audio Input Kit for BMW's to work?

2) Where is the installation direction for the Aux Audio kit? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

My Cars
    2005 X5, 2006 330xi
    I installed my I BMW T (pre silverline) last night in my 2005 E53 with Bluetooth. Used the R40 connector on Business CD. I do not have the Dice Manual.
    My 16g Nano plays and sounds great. It does not charge and can't be controlled from the Ipod itself. (Guessing I need the green cable to charge?) Displays on the message board under speedometer. I have not figured out exactly how to adjust since I lack instructions.
    When I place a call with bluetooth my wife can hear me but I do not have any sound from my end. I think this is probably something simple.
    Does anyone have Dice factory instructions I could get? PM me if there is a link to them or I will send my email address for forwarding.
    Any other hints appreciated.

My Cars
    99 328ic

factory HK sytem w/grom or aftermarket head unit

I have a 99 328ic with a factory HK system.

My goal is to be able to play my MP3 through my factory system.
    after reading all the information here it seems the easiest least expensive way is to incorporate the grom utilizing the factory CD port.

Q's

A) which would be better between incorporating the grom
    or buy and aftermarket head unit?

B) Does the sound quality and sound level increase with an aftermarket head unit utilizing the factory system and amp?

thanks

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    I'm a bit confused..
    I have an e46 m3 with navigation do i need to buy the radio upgrade to install the ipod integration?

My Cars
    Various Prototype BMW's
    You don't need to purchase any other components, as the Dice Silverline Pro will work flawlessly in your M3.

My Cars
    04 BMW 545i Sport pkg
    So what is my solution for an 04' 545i w/o nav? I want a way to listen to my Zune mp3 player - should I go aux input?

Also, can sat radio be added to the car?

My Cars
    e36 M3/4, E39/2 Spt, R69

1998 m3

The Dice works great in our 01 540it, I got stuck part way through putting it in our 98 4 door M3 - I can not figure out a good place to run the cable. I got as far as the front of the rear seat - I am afraid to rip up the carpet - any suggestions?
    850it

My Cars
    Various Prototype BMW's
    In the E36 cars, I typically route the cable either along the passenger side door jam (tucked between the plastic and the carpet) or into the center console (which requires the console to be removed).

It's easy either way, and if you choose to remove the console, you can clean out the last 12 years of coffee spills and food debris!

My Cars
    2002 330ci vert
    So I have a 2002 330ci convertible and I want to put in the dice system. I went through all the videos on youtube but after removing the glovebox, there's nothing else explaining how or where to mount the unit or how to cable it for that matter. Any way we can get a video for that too?

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    In the back of the glovebox once removed there is a little set of 'shelves'. We just slide the module right into one of those.

My Cars
    964C4
    Order was filled and shipped in less than 24 hours, and scheduled to be delivered on 8/1
    Ordered for my E39, its a shame my pixels are almost all dead and I wont be able to read it lol. Ive been jealous of the headunit I put in my dads car which has an ipod hookup and really excited to get this installed sometime this weekend.

EDIT: Got it all hooked up, works great and it took less time than I expected. So far Im very pleased with it.
    Last edited by Ebola21; 10-02-2010 at 04:48 PM.

My Cars
    2006 5 SERIES
    I'm interested in your product but do you have a model suited for the iPhone3G and iTouch? I have the 2006 BMW 5 series E60 with idrive and inav. Do you have a DIY video? Where to install best your product either in the trunk or glove compartment? Thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast