Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [bsw] Official DICE iPod Kit Video Installation Guides

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC

[bsw] Official DICE iPod Kit Video Installation Guides

See just how easy integrating your iPod in your BMW can be.

BSW introduces our all-new DICE BMW Video Install Guides!

We want to provide the best possible information on how to install the products we sell, so not only can you download our step-by-step install guides -- now you can simply watch our installation team guide you through the installation of your DICE iPod Integration Kit.

Remember, these guides were developed after installing these DICE BMW iPod Integration Kits in hundreds of BMW's; you can be sure this is the easiest possible way to install these products.

A couple of example videos:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/10701003"]BSW DICE BMW iPod Integration Kit Operation Demo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgnWA0vdfyk"]BSW DICE BMW iPod Integration Trunk Disassembly - BMW 3 Series / M3 E46 99-06 [/ame]

Where do I find the videos?
    1. Jump on our website at www.bavsound.com and choose which product you are interested in.
    2. There are a series of tabs for FAQs, Install Info, and finally Videos. Click the Video tab.
    3. A list of the available videos will be displayed with a brief description of what the video is about. Click on the video you'd like to watch!
    4. If there is not a video tab we have not yet uploaded and setup that products videos. Be patient, we are working on it!

Alternatively if you would simply like to browse all of our videos or view them in Full Screen you can go directly to our YouTube account here : http://www.youtube.com/bavsound

DICE BMW iPod Kit Video Installation Guides are currently available for:
    • BMW 3 Series / M3 99-06 Coupe/Sedan/Cabrio (E46)
    • BMW 5 Series / M5 97-03 (E39)
    • BMW X5 00-06 (E53)

Guides that will be released shortly:
    • BMW 7 Series 99-01 (E38)
    • BMW Z4 03+ (E85)
    • BMW X3 04+ (E83)

This list will be constantly updated as the rest of the videos are added to the website. (You'll also notice that many of our other products, from speaker upgrades to subwoofer systems, have available video installation guides. Just another way we're innovating to serve you!)

Need a DICE BMW iPod Integration Kit?

Sure, we can do that, too! (And we're the only place you'll find the BMW 2point5 spec.dock iPod mount).

BMW 3 Series / M3 96-99 (E36)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...3-96-99--E36-/

BMW 3 Series / M3 99-06 (E46)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...3-99-06--E46-/

BMW 5 Series / M5 97-03 (E39)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...5-97-03--E39-/

BMW 7 Series 99-01 (E38)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...s-99-01--E38-/

BMW X5 00-06 (E53)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...5-00-06--E53-/

BMW X3 04+ (E83)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...-X3-04---E83-/

BMW Z3 96-02 (E36)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...oadster-96-02/

BMW Z4 03+ (E85)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...ter-03---E85-/

Suggestions? Comments? Requests?

We are always open to suggestions, comments, and even requests! Please do not hesitate to contact anyone on our team, but if you'd like to speak with me directly...

E-mail - rhp@bavsound.com
    Phone - 404.963.8857 ext 104
    AIM - halstonbsw
    Google Talk - rhp@bavsound - Just Search for my email

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Halston Pitman; 05-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.

My Cars
    E84 X1 35i ///M
    ok so I am a bit confused?? which one do I need to connect to the BMW Traffic Pro???

is it the "USA SPEC PA12-BMW" or the "I-BMW-T"

the traffic pro shows CD titles in text so I would think the usa spec one would be the ticket???
    2015 E84 X1 35i ///M +JB4
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    RIP --- 98 ///M3 Mods:- Eurosport TS - (EVO)Euro 6-speed

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    You need the I-BMW-T

BMW 3 Series / M3 96-99 (E36)
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...3-96-99--E36-/

My Cars
    2011 M3 Coupe

Is the Dension ipod cradle compatible with DICE?

I'm planning on buying the DICE kit for my 95 M3. My Dension ipod kit fried out and can't be repaired. Can I use the Dension cradle with the DICE ipod integration kit? From the photos it looks like it might plug into the black box.
    I also have the Dension wiring harness installed. Does this also use the same connections?
    It would save allot of installation time if I could use both with the black box.
    Cosmos 95, with other "stuff"

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    If you have the dension installed and working you should be able to just swap the modules

The 95 however is not "supposed" to work. Did you install with the 3pin and 6pin plugs in the trunk?

My Cars
    '01 M Rdster, '15 X5 35D

Dice question

I'm considering purchasing the Dice IPOD unit for my M-roadster with the harmon Kardon system. If I purchase this and hook it to the factory amp, will I still be able to use it, if I upgrade the amp in the future?

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    It actually hooks up to your factory CD changer connections

Don't have to worry about the amp.

My Cars
    '01 M Rdster, '15 X5 35D
    So can I assume the answer to my next question is "If I replace the factory head unit in the future, the dice will no longer be usable"; or is there another cable that could be purchased for other headunits?

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Unfortunately it only works with the OEM head unit.

My Cars
    88 325is / 95 M3 / 02 325i / 03 avalanche
    Quote Originally Posted by MELSM3 View Post
    I'm planning on buying the DICE kit for my 95 M3. My Dension ipod kit fried out and can't be repaired. Can I use the Dension cradle with the DICE ipod integration kit? From the photos it looks like it might plug into the black box.
    I also have the Dension wiring harness installed. Does this also use the same connections?
    It would save allot of installation time if I could use both with the black box.
    "The 95 however is not "supposed" to work. Did you install with the 3pin and 6pin plugs in the trunk?"

I'm curious as well, I want Ipod intigration but I don't want to replace the head unit.

My Cars
    2011 M3 Coupe

Yes the dice works fine

Quote Originally Posted by baknblack View Post
    "The 95 however is not "supposed" to work. Did you install with the 3pin and 6pin plugs in the trunk?"

I'm curious as well, I want Ipod intigration but I don't want to replace the head unit.
    I have a 95 M3, with the two plugs in the trunk. I have only been using the ipod interface and haven't tried the radio controls to control the ipod yet.
    Cosmos 95, with other "stuff"

My Cars
    88 325is / 95 M3 / 02 325i / 03 avalanche
    Quote Originally Posted by MELSM3 View Post
    I have a 95 M3, with the two plugs in the trunk. I have only been using the ipod interface and haven't tried the radio controls to control the ipod yet.
    So the interface is connected to the two plugs in the trunk?
    I don't care about controlling it with the radio, I just don't want to have to use an FM modulator.

My Cars
    '03 - 330i PPKG, SPKG

non-iPod players

I've visited the website and I can't get too much detail about non-iPod players. It just says that they're supported! Would I be able to use my player in the car or would I have to leave it in the trunk?
    And I'm 99% sure the text display feature is only supported for iPod units, but can you please confirm this? (I mean, can I get a module or something from Creative and have that hooked up to DICE to get text display?)

Thanks

My Cars
    2001 740 IL/ 2007 avalanche/ 2001 toyota camry

2001 740il

What do i need to get XM radio and use my Ipod. I'd like to be able to use all my controls on the steering wheel and view song and channel titles. Is this asking for to much?

My Cars
    2005 545i

I've been wondering the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by romeyo38 View Post
    What do i need to get XM radio and use my Ipod. I'd like to be able to use all my controls on the steering wheel and view song and channel titles. Is this asking for to much?
    I have a MY05 545i with Nav, sat prep, premium sound, and 6 CD changer. The dealer told me if I wanted to add satellite radio I would have to lose the cd changer b/c only one device is supported. I have now purchased a Pioneer Inno (XM player/mp3 player), is there any way that such a device can be integrated into the factory unit w/o losing the 6 CD changer. I was also wonder is there is a splitter of some sort is there any way to be able to tune XM and view and change mo3 tracks through the Idrive screen.
    Thanks for the help.

My Cars
    6 BMWs.
    Ever since I installed the DICE system in my e39 I've had nothing but problems. The unit was installed in the center console under the arm rest. The wiring went from the trunk on the driver's side, through the wiring grommet, under the door sill trim, under the driver's seat then up into the console. I had excessive noise, interference and alternator whine.
    That was it for the audio issues. The other issue was a problem where when the iPod would be playing a song, it would suddenly pause the song. If you turned the radio off, then on again, or switch to FM or AM then back to the iPod, the song would then unpause and continue to play, HOWEVER all iPod control though the car's audio system would cease to function. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Today I finally got around to re-routing the cable and DICE module all in the trunk (no in cabin wiring at all) That seems to have taken care of all the audio /alternator whine issues. The whole "pause" issue still occurs and it's even worse now since the iPod is no longer within reach to advance tracks.

Is my unit defective or WHAT?

Thanks in advance,
    Al.

p.s. is there a better place to route the cables that will not cause interference and still have the iPod within reach?
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    98 BMW 740i e38 M62
    Will this dice kit work with my old original 3rd generation ipod? No video/color/etc.

My Cars
    BMW 2004 325 CI
    Can I get this shipped to Canada? I am also interested in the piece that mounts the ipod in the ash tray. Also would BMW be able to install this, or would I have to contact my local garage?

My Cars
    98 BMW 740i e38 M62
    FYI the videos on your website don't work. I was able to watch them directly on youtube. However, I couldn't find the continuation of this video [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jDJtE9cYPuo[/ame] . I would appreciate if you could post a link to the continuation of that.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    It seems that YouTube is having some issues right now...

I can get it to work but it takes forever to load.

My Cars
    328I, 1999.
    Allright.. so finally I got the DICE kit yesterday, and installed it as well. The wiring was not difficult. I have it connected with the CD changer connection, and its located in the glove compartment. I did not have a lot of issues with the noise (although "some" noise comes when I turn on the volume). Anyway, the problem is, I repeated the instructions 3-4 times, still I can not really control the DICE kit through the radio/ steering. I tried recommened setting for "Car Config Switch" and "iPod Config Switch". It showed me text for a min, but then I dont know what buttons I pressed that I could not see it again. Sometimes, the ipod will just stop, and I wouldnt do anything about it. The iPod stays on even when I turn off the switch. Even the numbers on the display change when I press the buttons, the songs do not change.

I reset the iPod, and the kit several times. ITS NOT WORKING. I called the Bawarian helpline and left a voice msg. So far no results.
    I tried to follow all the steps in the instruction manual and tiny booklet that came with the kit.
    Please let me know.
    umermariner

My Cars
    323ci
    Is there anyway to hook up a sat radio unit (sirius) to the OEM head unit or do you have to buy this DICE deal?

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by nikmorris47 View Post
    Is there anyway to hook up a sat radio unit (sirius) to the OEM head unit or do you have to buy this DICE deal?
    You can with 2003+ models, what is the production date of your BMW?
    Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
    email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
    tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796

Twitter | Flikr | Facebook | YouTube

My Cars
    '06 bmw x3 3.0i

DICE mode

I successfully installed the DICE i-BMW-T Silverline module in to my 06 X3 yesterday. On the box, it says that you can set it to DICE mode which would enable " text display and full controls availible on both the iPod and radio". I have a 30 GB 5th gen iPod. I have tried various configurations of the dip switches on the DICE, but I am unable to get it to do both. Has anyone been able to make it work? Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    02 M3
    i have a e46 325i and i do not know how to get the rear seats down, i have the trunk disassembled and everything and now im stuck =(

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast