Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Extreme MotorSports SDŽ officially presents the unofficial ultimate Spark Plug Thread

My Cars
    '98.5 M3/2/5
    Your websites killin' me (web design is a hobby of mine... seriously, it's not that hard to do better) but I figured it out and it seems to have gotten the job done.

The $7/ea 4-prong NGKs I have now got the better of me today when the car wanted to stall itself out instead of launch from a stop... that and the rough idle, I'm willing to try a $17 fix.

6 new BRK6Es are en route... I hope they do me better then the plugs I have now

for the rockin' prices!

Cosmos on Black '98.5 M3 Coupe 5MT

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by antik View Post
    Your websites killin' me (web design is a hobby of mine... seriously, it's not that hard to do better) but I figured it out and it seems to have gotten the job done.

The $7/ea 4-prong NGKs I have now got the better of me today when the car wanted to stall itself out instead of launch from a stop... that and the rough idle, I'm willing to try a $17 fix.

6 new BRK6Es are en route... I hope they do me better then the plugs I have now

for the rockin' prices!
    I had the exact same symptoms with my old 4-prong, now the car no longer wants to stall while starting out while it's warming up .. but also is smoother when it's totally warm! It was sputtering enough to take the slack out of the drivetrain and cause a bit of a vibration low down in 1st gear sometimes and now that has smoothed out! Not to mention the car pulls like a freakin freight train on the highway again... woot!

I really shouldn't be this happy about spark plugs... but I guess that's what happens when you neglect them for a LONG time.

1997 M3 (SOLD) :o 2000 528i Sport (SOLD)

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    How do you guys put up with your cars doing that?

And thanks for the order antik, the website is a work in progress. The catalog is hosted on a different server so we can't edit the code.

My Cars
    '98.5 M3/2/5
    I'm not putting up with it... I was trying to give the plugs a chance given they're not even 10k miles old yet (hell they may not even be 5k old: I'd have to look) but I decided today they're going out. I'm really hoping to see an improvement

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by antik View Post
    I'm not putting up with it... I was trying to give the plugs a chance given they're not even 10k miles old yet (hell they may not even be 5k old: I'd have to look) but I decided today they're going out. I'm really hoping to see an improvement
    Ahh, OK. We'll find out in a couple days.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    i have 6 of the copper plugs to try in my M3... haven't tried them yet...

My OEM from the dealer 4 prongs never let me down hehe

My Cars
    '98.5 M3/2/5
    Bump for a great seller... shipping was hella fast: I got my plugs yesterday.

Looking forward to install tomorrow morning and going for a spin.

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Two day shipping for ground when you ordered in the middle of the day.

Hopefully they'll fix your issue.

My Cars
    Z4 M coupe
    Kurt, this website ****ing suuuuuuuucks. Can I paypal YOU directly and you get in touch with whoever you need to to have these sent to me?

I'm trying to order them but god dam... It wont let me!!
    1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 106++ (calculators put this at 0-60 in "4.21" seconds.)

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeeper View Post
    Kurt, this website ****ing suuuuuuuucks. Can I paypal YOU directly and you get in touch with whoever you need to to have these sent to me?

I'm trying to order them but god dam... It wont let me!!
    LOL, I can process it from the shop on Monday over the phone if you'd like. What's the problem that you're having?

Nice new sig by the way.

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    NGK BKR6E
    only thing that touches either of my cars is coppers. Esp. My S52.
    Change mine every 5-6K miles. they also show me how well techno's tune is doing
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    Z4 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
    What's the problem that you're having?

Nice new sig by the way.
    go ahead and try to order a set yourself for a 1995 m3. It wont give me the option to purchase the NGK BKR6E. Also, when you type NGK BKR6E into the search feature, it cant find them....

Just lots of things about the site would turn me away from it if I didnt know who you were and trust you. Simple things like the gray font on black background..... hard to read. Stuff like that. It is almost like whoever built the site didnt care too much about it. Check out techno550's trm site, that is nice. Copy that
    1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 106++ (calculators put this at 0-60 in "4.21" seconds.)

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeeper View Post
    go ahead and try to order a set yourself for a 1995 m3. It wont give me the option to purchase the NGK BKR6E. Also, when you type NGK BKR6E into the search feature, it cant find them....

Just lots of things about the site would turn me away from it if I didnt know who you were and trust you. Simple things like the gray font on black background..... hard to read. Stuff like that. It is almost like whoever built the site didnt care too much about it. Check out techno550's trm site, that is nice. Copy that
    I'll take a look at techno's site later, I'm driving right now.

If you enter BKR6E into the search and press GO instead of using the enter key, they should come up.

We're still working on the site, but I like the feedback. The coding for the catalog isn't ours and is awkward to manipulate. That includes the font color. Hopefully we can get it right soon though.

My Cars
    '98.5 M3/2/5
    Pulled my old plugs... realized what I had replaced were 4 prong Bosch and what I was running now were two prong NGK BRK6EKs.

If I got the read right, the car's running rich. I'm hoping to blame the plug... 3500 miles and the things don't look so great: definite carbon build up on the threads closest to the strap.

The new ones feel better: the car seems a little more willing to rev and more forgiving. The rough idle isn't there but I don't remember if it was with the other plugs or not.

We'll see how things are in a few thousand miles but I was pretty surprised to see the old plugs in the shape they're in... especially once I checked my log and realized they're only 3500 miles old

In order not to continue to keep this thread off on the wrong track... again to a great seller... even if the website is weak. If you decide you need some help there... lob me a PM (I know... shameless...)
    Last edited by antik; 11-02-2007 at 09:22 PM.

My Cars
    CRX 328is X5 528iT5sp 19
    Are there any discount coupon codes for BF.C members?
    I'll be ordering rotors, pads, sensors, complete brake job parts soon.
    Thanks.
    Nice site, BTW!

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by treat44 View Post
    Are there any discount coupon codes for BF.C members?
    I'll be ordering rotors, pads, sensors, complete brake job parts soon.
    Thanks.
    Nice site, BTW!
    No additional discounts from the catalog prices. I'm fairly certain that you won't find lower pricing on those items though.

My Cars
    '06 STi, '08 R56
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iJunkie View Post
    NGK BKR6E
    only thing that touches either of my cars is coppers. Esp. My S52.
    Change mine every 5-6K miles. they also show me how well techno's tune is doing
    Yep, copper plugs are a 7k-10k mile plug. Copper is super soft and part of the reason why they work so well as a little bit flakes off with each ignition.

Rob
    '08 MCS R56
    '06 STi #92 STU
    '99 M3 Coupe STU - Sold.
    For Sale:
    Pair 12mm Rogue Spacers 5x120

My Cars
    '97 M3/4, ''23 T4R Pro
    yeah the website is messed up, try to order the NGK BKR6E and some shopping cart comes up with 260 bucks worth of parts, and it wont let me do anything!

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    yeah the website is messed up, try to order the NGK BKR6E and some shopping cart comes up with 260 bucks worth of parts, and it wont let me do anything!
    The website works off of sessions. So because several others have used that same link it won't work for ordering, only as a reference. To order use this search link and enter BKR6E and CLICK GO, if you still have problems let me know.

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Seems to work, another order for them just went through and will be shipped today to Florida.

My Cars
    3.0 z3 roadster
    bump

My Cars
    '97 M3/4, ''23 T4R Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
    The website works off of sessions. So because several others have used that same link it won't work for ordering, only as a reference. To order use this search link and enter BKR6E and CLICK GO, if you still have problems let me know.
    ok, worked time. spark plugs on the way

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by dmpj21 View Post
    bump
    You bumping just because you like me? Or did you have a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    ok, worked time. spark plugs on the way
    Yep, 12 of them en route.

My Cars
    97 M3/4 2001 SVT Lightin
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I had the exact same symptoms with my old 4-prong, now the car no longer wants to stall while starting out while it's warming up .. but also is smoother when it's totally warm! It was sputtering enough to take the slack out of the drivetrain and cause a bit of a vibration low down in 1st gear sometimes and now that has smoothed out! Not to mention the car pulls like a freakin freight train on the highway again... woot!

I really shouldn't be this happy about spark plugs... but I guess that's what happens when you neglect them for a LONG time.
    most likely your secondary air pump
    oh for your information, really old pic when i had to park for a couple of days. i think it was feb of 2007.the engine bay is now cleanz
    Last edited by racer m; 12-02-2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: s
    BFC O.T. Weekday drunks club Member#17

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by racer m View Post
    most likely your secondary air pump
    oh for your information, really old pic when i had to park for a couple of days. i think it was feb of 2007.the engine bay is now cleanz
    I think that a secondary air pump only affects cold emissions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast