Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you guys spend on your cars?

My Cars
    1997 Honda Accord

How much do you guys spend on your cars?

Hello this is my first topic, been lurking around and finally decided to make an account. I just wanted to know how much you guys spend on your cars from the actual car to the detailing products and everything in between. I currently drive a 1997 Honda Accord and I want to buy an old BMW once I get out of college and finally have some money in the bank. I see a lot of you have aftermarket stuff, do those things cost a lot? And what makes German engineering the best?

My Cars
    Evo 8
    I think it is one of my major expenses

My Cars
    GMT400 Z71
    "Too much", is what the girlfriend says.

My Cars
    '98 328is
    I'm trying to keep my costs down by doing most of the hands-on stuff myself, but I have the feeling it'll still turn out to be pretty pricey in the long run.

My Cars
    Snow White / White Horse Prince
    It really depends on what your priorities and how picky you are with your car.

You can spend $0.00 to $2,000 in a month on mods.

My best suggestion is to buy a car that has everything you ever want in it and don't mod it.

My Cars
    TT | 323i | Corrado
    For garage cost, £0 because I work on all my cars myself.
    Insurance is my major expense, especially for the Volkswagen.
    As you guys also know, fuel isn't exactly cheap here either.
    I don't buy big mods often, i go for the less is more ideology... probably because I can't afford much more!
    Help medical research, donate your computing power: Folding@Home

My Cars
    99 528i 15 Corvette Z51
    Paid 8400 for the 330i but that doesn't include the tax and license fees. Paid 400 for somethings that needed to be serviced.

The perfect balance of handling and ride make it one of the best engineered cars

Honda is a great engineered car, they keep getting better, but BMW has thought of almost everything in their cars.

Honda is also one who will take an old engine and put it in a new car, for example the new Accord has engines that have been proven in other of their vehicles, with a few mods from year to year
    My 528 is a German Tank..
    My 2008 Chihuahua is Blue deal with it
    Always teaching now getting paid for it.

My Cars
    96 328i, 86 325e
    If you're asking about maintenance, I haven't spent that much on the car. Parts costs about the same or less than domestic parts, except for the odd pieces.

If you're ask about aftermarket modding, I haven't spent that much on the car. Aftermarket stuff can be cheap, or can be expensive. You really get what you pay for though. I'd prefer not to put something that looks cheap on my car, so I'll dish out the big dollars for things. You can find altezzas and one piece headlights for our cars on ebay.

My Cars
    BMW
    I went through all my receipts for maintenance and repairs for 2006 and I spent $3300 on it, and I consider that a relatively trouble free year. That's not including tires or fuel or mods. This year is on pace for about $2500, but one problem could easily make it more than what I spent last year.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M2 LCI
    Considering I fix almost everything myself, it doesn't cost too much, maybe $1k a year or so if all goes well. Mod-wise... well, already spent close to $2k, but I'll probably just buy some new wheels and tires and call it a day since the car is my DD.

My Cars
    08 328i
    it depends on the stage of my life. back then, when I had the time, I would hit the track all the time and money would disappear FAST! But now, I only spend on maintenance.

My Cars
    1997 Honda Accord
    And where do you guys buy your BMWs? I look through craigslist and I'm not seeing the low prices you pay for your cars.

My Cars
    08 328i
    i am also looking to get one myself. However, I am not planning on buying used... So I'll be visiting the local dealerships.

I've only purchased 1 used car in my life, and I was able to find the car I want and a good deal through the local car forums. Good thing about buying from forum member is that you would be able to search the car history if the member is active. You could find out if the car has been tracked, accident, issues here and there.

good luck!

My Cars
    330I
    Well i have a honda accord and i used to spend in an average during its service time only and that includes changing of engine and breake oil and washing but the wheel balancing and allignmenti is always free from the company.

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...

a Lot

I have spent 1.5 times what I paid for my E36M3 when I bought it six years ago. I like to play with my cars...I look at it like this, its paid for so its money I would have used for a car payment...

I don't keep track anymore...Don't want to know
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!

My Cars
    02 325cims,01 A4 1.8Tqms,90 MustangLX 5.0m
    ~12K for the car... oil change, spark plugs, 1 rear speaker.

My Cars
    Accordian 6-6
    A car is the 2nd biggest spender next to a house or permanent living space in terms of payment.
    Editor-In-Chief: www.egmcartech.com
    RIP W124

My Cars
    E36,Datsun510.T-Tundra
    as much i possibly can!

...When you get a blackeye from trying to change the shift knob.

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFKON99 View Post
    as much i possibly can!
    same here lol
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    2001 330i, 2002 540it
    at least 6 to 700 a month..

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Xterra S 4x4
    holy, some of you guys are crazy! I've paid less than $1500 in maintainance, bought the car for $4000 CAD back in 2004. Everything still works great! Granted the original owners dumped a ton of money into it.

My Cars
    96 Dinan M3
    too much. Just purchased oil cooler and oil pan baffle. Turns out it will cost me an additional $800 to have both installed. That's the price you pay if you want to do track days or HPDE. However, I'd probably find some other way to piss my money away it it wasn't spent on the car

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i/6
    80% of my budget is towards my car, but i'm a college kid. i pay for the payments, insurance, gas, maintenance, that kind of shit. i see no reason to do any mods to my car other than the leopard print seat cover

My Cars
    IS250 & SC'd E46 M3
    Too much, yet never enough.

My Cars
    e30 M3, e39, Cappuccino
    Too god damn much. I've tried to slow down, which I have, but sway bars are looking damn tempting every time I take a turn.

Lets put it this way. I've made somewhere around 30k in the past couple years, more like 20k after taxes, and i spend about 50% of my money on my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast