Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now available for the MZ3 - lifetime warranty FCAB/LCABs

Rob Levinson is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes

Now available for the MZ3 - lifetime warranty FCAB/LCABs

The ultimate front control arm bushings (FCAB)

Replacement hybrid design front control arm bushings use a true rotational bearing built into a high-durometer bushing material. The net result is racecar functionality with near-OE levels of vibration and noise damping.

LIFETIME WARRANTY
    Even for track use!

Complete assembly (exploded):

Inner rotational bearing:

Racecar durability testing:

The OE design of the FCAB is a simple rubber bushing. The part itself is subjected to torsional forces (twisting), lateral forces (side to side), and longitudinal forces (in and out). While this basic rubber design results in a quiet and comfortable ride, it also wears out quickly and has negative effects on performance/enthusiast driving. Specifically, the indicators of worn FCABs are steering wheel shimmy, looseness in the front end, irregular tire wear, sloppy steering response, and suspension geometry changes while cornering.

UUC's all-new design incorporates many unique features designed to permanently address these problems while giving the functionality of a race-spec component that also maintains normal street car comfort and vibration absorption. Rotational bearing accommodates all torsional forces without affecting outer bushing material. Bushing material absorbs noise and vibration.

Results will be felt immediately as improved steering response and feel, and a more "connected" feeling with the chassis.

Important: These can be purchased complete with the steel "lollipop" bracket, or just as the bushing itself. Original bracket can be re-used, new bushing must be pressed in.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND PRICING:
    http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/FCAB
    ----------
    NOT with that company any more.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 135i Coupé
    Do these fit the Non-M Z Cars?
    -Dustin

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBoyZ3 View Post
    Do these fit the Non-M Z Cars?
    Yes, they do.

- Rob

My Cars
    '13 BMW 335i Convertible
    Downsides? Squeaking/harsher ride/etc?
    Coming Soon: 2013 335i M-Sport Convertible

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by enyrgee View Post
    Downsides? Squeaking/harsher ride/etc?
    No downsides.

No squeaking or any sound at all.

No harsher ride, except that it always feels like you have brand-new bushings.

There is a bit more crispness to the steering... if you thought the steering feel was awesome before, prepare for a pleasant surprise!

The reason for the "best of both worlds" effect is described above. We're using a rotational bearing-like device for the arm actuation, yet it is fully rubber isolated.

- Rob

My Cars
    e90 328i
    I want them
    e9x DD

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Just want to confirm those fit in the stock lollipops? I ask because SCCA IT rules would allow the bushing, but not an alternate lollipop.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    Just want to confirm those fit in the stock lollipops? I ask because SCCA IT rules would allow the bushing, but not an alternate lollipop.
    Yes, stock lollipop.

Race legality was a concern when designing these, which is why it is a true bushing and uses the OE brackets.

As noted on the website, you have the option of getting just the FCAB part so that you can press it into the lollipop brackets you already have, or for the added cost of the brackets, we will press them into brand-new ones for you.

- Rob
    Last edited by Rob Levinson; 10-22-2007 at 11:01 AM.

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Post above updated with pic.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    What would you say are the differences between yours and the powerflex bushings that i put in my car?

power flex has that same slip style bushing.

the purpleish blue insert spins inside the black portion.

Also what are yours made out of.

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    What would you say are the differences between yours and the powerflex bushings that i put in my car?
    Covered this a bit in a thread on the M3 board:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...2&postcount=11

power flex has that same slip style bushing.

the purpleish blue insert spins inside the black portion.
    Yes, but the differences remain that the urethane is still being torqued in multiple planes - the black outer part is still under tension/compression and lateral loading. Urethane generally does not like extreme multi-axis forces, which is why it is common to see urethan FCABs fail.

You're also looking at urethane spinning within urethane just about constantly. Should be interesting to see how the lubrication in that high-grit environment under the car holds up.

Also what are yours made out of.
    From outer to inner, ours is a steel sleeve with better-than-OE grade automotive rubber (thinner = higher durometer), and the rotational bearing assembly which is a few pieces of various high-tech materials with integral lubrication properties.

- Rob
    Last edited by Rob Levinson; 10-22-2007 at 12:40 PM.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Well I was going to refrain from asking about comparisons, but since Rob seems willing, how would you compare these to the treehouseracing.com eyeball arm bushings. To say the very least, you bushings are the most expensive out there...
    http://www.treehouseracing.com/

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Well I was going to refrain from asking about comparisons, but since Rob seems willing, how would you compare these to the treehouseracing.com eyeball arm bushings. To say the very least, you bushings are the most expensive out there...
    The Treehouse Racing part is really very nice, in fact we've used that on some racecar builds. But for comparison, it really should be considered a race-only part. As it is solid metal with a delrin-like liner, it has no vibration absorption characteristics at all. Street use is very different from race use, and what lasts a long time on the track may take a beating on the street, and the pounding of potholes and regular road irregularities can pummel that bushing into submission and create some looseness.

- Rob

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    I always thought the treehouse ones would wear out quick. but other then that probably have the best effects on handling.

the thing that i have noticed about the PF bushing is that they seem to spring back when i hit a bump (not up and down from hitting the bump) but more like (looking at the side of the car) a front to back spring action. . .that has kind of a jitter effect. now that might just be me needing to buy new struts for the front but it is a lot more pronounced with these bushings.

thank you for your professional response to my questions rob

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Levinson View Post
    The Treehouse Racing part is really very nice, in fact we've used that on some racecar builds. But for comparison, it really should be considered a race-only part. As it is solid metal with a delrin-like liner, it has no vibration absorption characteristics at all. Street use is very different from race use, and what lasts a long time on the track may take a beating on the street, and the pounding of potholes and regular road irregularities can pummel that bushing into submission and create some looseness.

- Rob
    Well stated.

My Cars
    00' M Roadster, 07' Mazd
    I don't know if this is still the case, but I seem to recall that the Treehouse Racing bushings were an offset design rather than centered which is what I think we have with the stock MZ3 part.

Rob, can you confirm that your bushings are the same geometry as stock MZ3 bushings?

Thanks-
    2000 M Roadster
    Estoril Blue, Black Top, Grey & Black Interior
    Mr. M Car reinforced rear subframe, VAC Oil Pan Baffle, Achilles Oil Pump Shaft Kit & Reinforced Oil Pick-Up Tube, Conforti Shark Injector, H&R/Bilstein, Swapped strut hats, IE subframe bushings, H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars, BW engine mounts, BW camber shims, CL Strong Strut, GC End Links, GC RSM, UUC short shift, UUC TME, UUC Clutch Arm Bushing, UUC Clutch/Brake line, Aluminum T-stat housing, S54 radiator and oil cooler, Stewart water pump, lower temp T-stat/fan switch, Aluminum Pedals, Z3 Solutions Trunk Organizer, Leather Z oil distribution block, LeatrherZ armrest, LeatherZ illuminated ZHP shift knob, Clear Bumper Lights, BMW 6 disc, Axxis Deluxe Plus, Doug Whalen seat bushings, Soundgate SDSBMW

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by killeen_john View Post
    Rob, can you confirm that your bushings are the same geometry as stock MZ3 bushings?
    Yes, same geometry as the MZ3 bushings.

The offset bushings are used in the 1995 M3. 1996 and later gets the centered design and revised control arm geometry.

All MZ3, including all S52 and all S54, use the exact same part numbers for the bushing and bracket as the 1996+ E36 M3:

- Rob

My Cars
    00' M Roadster, 07' Mazd
    Excellent information

Thank You
    2000 M Roadster
    Estoril Blue, Black Top, Grey & Black Interior
    Mr. M Car reinforced rear subframe, VAC Oil Pan Baffle, Achilles Oil Pump Shaft Kit & Reinforced Oil Pick-Up Tube, Conforti Shark Injector, H&R/Bilstein, Swapped strut hats, IE subframe bushings, H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars, BW engine mounts, BW camber shims, CL Strong Strut, GC End Links, GC RSM, UUC short shift, UUC TME, UUC Clutch Arm Bushing, UUC Clutch/Brake line, Aluminum T-stat housing, S54 radiator and oil cooler, Stewart water pump, lower temp T-stat/fan switch, Aluminum Pedals, Z3 Solutions Trunk Organizer, Leather Z oil distribution block, LeatrherZ armrest, LeatherZ illuminated ZHP shift knob, Clear Bumper Lights, BMW 6 disc, Axxis Deluxe Plus, Doug Whalen seat bushings, Soundgate SDSBMW

BMW Tech Expert
    BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMW and Mercedes
    IMPORTANT!

Based on recent inquiries, I just realized there is some confusion as to the pricing on this part.

The pricing on the website is per PAIR. You get the complete set of two bushings for the price, you do not have to buy the item twice.

- Rob

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    chance for a group buy? i realize those are suppior to the compition but the price is out of my price range for a while.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    chance for a group buy? i realize those are suppior to the compition but the price is out of my price range for a while.
    +1

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    +1
    +2 ....
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    I will be getting these bushings from you Rob. I was going to be getting the Treehouse bushings, but now I am going to get these with the brackets as well probably in a month or so.

I am excited about this!

P.S. So for my M Coupe with the bushings installed into your brackets, how much would I be spending?
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    13 Boss 302, 05 H2 SUT
    How difficult is the install? I had something similar on my Subarus (anti-lift kit) and it was a simple matter of unbolting the bracket and prying down the control arm slightly to get the new one on.

Is an alignment necessary after the FCAB is installed?

Any changes to caster?

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EganM View Post
    How difficult is the install? I had something similar on my Subarus (anti-lift kit) and it was a simple matter of unbolting the bracket and prying down the control arm slightly to get the new one on.

Is an alignment necessary after the FCAB is installed?

Any changes to caster?
    same same.

search my threads that i have started. i did a write up on it when i installed the powerflex bushings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast